Bad
Good

Let me break this down for anyone looking to invest their time at Birmingham. This school is great, the potential is endless and if your child/ you are willing to perform greatness, you will accomplish greatness. The SAS program is truly the only way your child/ you will have a shot at a UC/ CSU and excel in their future. Sadly, as a current student, typically anyone who isn't in SAS slacks off and performs poorly resulting in the poor rating the school has. But coming back to the SAS, BCCHS has one of the largest numbers of AP courses along with College Courses provided by LAVC giving students who are willing to take them, the chance to excel. I have known many UCLA, UC Berkley, Standford, and other great schools acceptants, and their story all starts with the SAS program. Amazing sports, and a faculty that truly do care.

Hi, my child was very excited to go to this school but after few day she mentioned that teacher is explaining the subject in Spanish, so mistly in class the teacher in class speaks in spanish and when my child said that could you please explain in English the teacher said: " yes but please remind me if I will start automatically in Spanish again " honestly We are in blessed diversity tradition and nationality country and the all of us speaks different language but the main is English, so I am confused that my child should concentrate in class or reminding,,,,,,,,

I came to BCCHS for about 5 weeks and since day one i liked it the staff is great the SAS program and honors is excellent. I was shown love by all my teachers they were amazing. Right now i am attending NAHS but wanting to go back to BCCHS because the students there have manners and the cafeteria serves REAL food unlike regular LAUSD schools with the nasty packaged food. I do recommend this school because learning is fun here and tike goes by fast. Students arent loadrd with homework which allows them to have some stress free, free time, whether joining a sport or doing something else at home. The teachers are fun to be around. Trust me you will bot regret coming to BCCHS.

My school is wonderful. The atmosphere created by the staff and the students is one that you cannot find anywhere else. I am proud to be part of the Patriot community.

I attend Birmingham and it is the best school in the world it is a ten out of ten. It has amazing sports and teachers to coach and the teachers goal is for you to learn. I recommend going to this school if you are not in it all ready :)

I attend Birmingham as a Sophomore. From what I have noticed, this is a decent school. There are many teachers who I had last year though, that constantly complained about not wanting to be in the classroom. This is your job! If you don't enjoy it why are you here? At the very least, keep your complaints to yourself! These are SAS teachers I might add. There is a lot of variety in activities and clubs and classes. One drawback is that the school is very very unorganized. Schedules are always changing and lunch is always a mess. Summer of this year, I was to go to summer school for a college class. Never got the paperwork for it, so I didn't think I was enrolled. Come the first day I get a call from a friend saying I'm on the roster. Call the school, and they tell my mother that I MUST be lying and hiding the paperwork. Until finally, after much arguing, I got in. The bell schedule got changed in the last 3 weeks of school. Bad organization, but overall very safe and a decent environment. The new principal (Bill Parks) is very helpful and always out at lunch with the students. Not the best school, but not nearly as ghetto and terrible as everyone seems to think.

Most of the other reviews say "oh this school this this school that" but this school is a really good school the SAS program is amazing yet challenging. I'd suggest to take your son/daughter to this school its really great.

My child went to this school for about 3 weeks, and she came home crying due to being bullied by several boys and apparently a teacher. I went to the principal and complained about this and he refused to do anything and told my daughter to "suck it up". Please don't send your children to this godawful school. I gave my daughter the choice of either Colfax, North Hollywood High, or Burbank. She went to NH, and she's been going for about 7 weeks now with no problems and a B average.

I would suggest unless this new principal cleans it up there, I would suggest a different school if possible. But there sports teams and coaches are great. Every time I have contacted staff and been on campus, most everyone is courteous, helpful and friendly. If your child does attend here, just be diligent on knowing what they are working on in their classes. Some teachers have the huge task of trying to accommodate all levels such that some assignments can seem a bit elementary. They have a new online system which should help wonders with staying connected to what is going on.

Esta escuela es una basura esta llena de drogras y los consejeros no administradores hacen nada al respecto, no hay control no ense an nada, ahora mi hija esta en mejor escuela Granada Hills Charter HS

Last modified Birmingham Community Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.