School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As Principal of Gault Elementsry, I am confused as to why an disgruntled parent would write such mean and hurtful things about my staff. First, our school rating is due to our low SBAC scores from last spring. I am currently working with our District tech people to determine deficiencys in our wi-fi connections so that this year, our students have a better testing experience. As for the horrible picture painted by this questionable individual, I invite anyone to visit our school and let me personally show you are many accomplishments.
January 10, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 13, 2016
I have been an employee at Gault Elementary for four years and I love working at such an exquisite school. For all of you reading this I need you to know the truth! The Principal at our school is an amazing individual! He cares for the students, teachers, parents, and staff as we were another family to him. I have two teenagers in High School and when they have visited me at work they tell me that when they were in elementary school they wish they went to Gault because they adore the Principal because he cares so much. When my kids went to elementary school their Principal didn't care. I really wish I knew about Gault when my kids were small because it is truly an exceptional school. I have to also give a kudos to the teachers because they really care! Some of them stay till five or six in the evening working on their lesson plans. That is dedication! Mr. Albion, teachers, staff members, and students really deserve kudos for their accomplishments at such an amazing school! Here is the point of view of a satisfied staff member! Thanks for listening!

Posted January 11, 2016
To the person who wrote the multiple reviews stating racism against Latinos, bashed and faulted the principal for spelling and grammar errors, and demoralized coordinators: The art of conversation isn't saying the right thing at the right time; rather, it's leaving unsaid the wrong things at the most tempting moment. You're words and pattern in which you formulate your sentences, coupled with the fact that you really only bashed employees, stated specific knowledge of the principal, and never once mention your children, lead me to believe that you're a disgruntled staff member pretending to be a community member... (But since anyone can put in a review, I'm going to just assume that it wasn't a teacher and it's just someone pretending to be. Actually I'm going to pray that's the case). Both of my kids attended Gault Street Elementary and NEVER experienced and/or witnessed racial discrimination. If indeed, this school is as bad as you say it is, why do you still work.... I mean, leave your child/children in the hands of such awful people? Gault Street Elementary is a great school with great people. Furthermore, your lack of maturity and professionalism are unacceptable beyond reproach. One last thing; please make sure you correct your own grammar errors before criticizing someone else's.

Grateful to: Student

Posted January 11, 2016
Thank you to the children at Gault Street School who inspire me to be a better person every day, who inspire me to encourage you, to teach you, to love you and the families that you belong to. Thank you for making me smile daily, for giving me funny stories to come home with. Thank you for your kindness, your devotion to education, and for fulfilling me daily. You are important.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 11, 2016
These teachers spend countless hours of their own time planning, preparing, and working with students. They work hard. They also cry hard when a child isn't succeeding. We look at these kids as our own, not just another name. We want these kids to succeed. We are not here for the money or the public scrutiny. We're here because we LOVE what we do. We make differences every day...some small, some huge.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 11, 2016
As both a teacher and a mom, I feel homework is important but should not be taken over in the home. Only a few problems are needed to see if mastery has occurred. Homework is also a way of communication between school and parent: "hey this is what we are learning. Here's a snapshot of some of the things we are doing in class". In no way should homework take countless hours. If you want more work for your child, then make it. A child needs to be a child, too. Social skills are just as important as reading, spelling, and math. Learning isn't always with a pencil and paper. Some of the most valuable lessons can be found outside. Homework is also based on individual needs. Not all students are wired the same. Not all need the same amount or assignment.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
Definitely! We provide in class instruction, school time intervention, after school interventions, we help out at recess and lunch, we encourage academia, we are persistent in our goal that all children can learn. Our children feel successful. Our children try hard.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
Respect is an earned quality, not given. Our students learn respect by being respected. We teach manners. We teach kindness. Yeah, we make time for that. We have very happy, friendly students who truly care about one another. We have families who wait for each other to make sure all kids are picked up at dismissal. We come together as a community. We are family.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
Absolutely! Our staff and volunteers come together often to find ways to give back to our community whether it's in clothing donations, food donations, toy drives, Pennies for Patients, writing letters to American Heroes (Vets and other military personnel), monetary donations, ...the list goes on and on. We encourage our students to participate in "giving back". We teach compassion through compassion.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 11, 2016
This school prides itself in the many "extras" provided to all of their students: art, dance, theater, music, gardening, after school intervention help and accelerated classes, dances, reading programs, technology, and others. Our students practice kindness and learn about the pillars of good character.

Posted January 11, 2016
The staff is friendly, the students are engaged and happy, and the environment is very welcoming.

17000 Gault Street, Van Nuys, CA  91406-3607
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. (818) 343-1933
Last modified Gault Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.