School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As Principal of Gault Elementsry, I am confused as to why an disgruntled parent would write such mean and hurtful things about my staff. First, our school rating is due to our low SBAC scores from last spring. I am currently working with our District tech people to determine deficiencys in our wi-fi connections so that this year, our students have a better testing experience. As for the horrible picture painted by this questionable individual, I invite anyone to visit our school and let me personally show you are many accomplishments.
January 10, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I have been an employee at Gault Elementary for four years and I love working at such an exquisite school. For all of you reading this I need you to know the truth! The Principal at our school is an amazing individual! He cares for the students, teachers, parents, and staff as we were another family to him. I have two teenagers in High School and when they have visited me at work they tell me that when they were in elementary school they wish they went to Gault because they adore the Principal because he cares so much. When my kids went to elementary school their Principal didn't care. I really wish I knew about Gault when my kids were small because it is truly an exceptional school. I have to also give a kudos to the teachers because they really care! Some of them stay till five or six in the evening working on their lesson plans. That is dedication! Mr. Albion, teachers, staff members, and students really deserve kudos for their accomplishments at such an amazing school! Here is the point of view of a satisfied staff member! Thanks for listening!

To the person who wrote the multiple reviews stating racism against Latinos, bashed and faulted the principal for spelling and grammar errors, and demoralized coordinators: The art of conversation isn't saying the right thing at the right time; rather, it's leaving unsaid the wrong things at the most tempting moment. You're words and pattern in which you formulate your sentences, coupled with the fact that you really only bashed employees, stated specific knowledge of the principal, and never once mention your children, lead me to believe that you're a disgruntled staff member pretending to be a community member... (But since anyone can put in a review, I'm going to just assume that it wasn't a teacher and it's just someone pretending to be. Actually I'm going to pray that's the case). Both of my kids attended Gault Street Elementary and NEVER experienced and/or witnessed racial discrimination. If indeed, this school is as bad as you say it is, why do you still work.... I mean, leave your child/children in the hands of such awful people? Gault Street Elementary is a great school with great people. Furthermore, your lack of maturity and professionalism are unacceptable beyond reproach. One last thing; please make sure you correct your own grammar errors before criticizing someone else's.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

These teachers spend countless hours of their own time planning, preparing, and working with students. They work hard. They also cry hard when a child isn't succeeding. We look at these kids as our own, not just another name. We want these kids to succeed. We are not here for the money or the public scrutiny. We're here because we LOVE what we do. We make differences every day...some small, some huge.

Amount of homework: Agree

As both a teacher and a mom, I feel homework is important but should not be taken over in the home. Only a few problems are needed to see if mastery has occurred. Homework is also a way of communication between school and parent: "hey this is what we are learning. Here's a snapshot of some of the things we are doing in class". In no way should homework take countless hours. If you want more work for your child, then make it. A child needs to be a child, too. Social skills are just as important as reading, spelling, and math. Learning isn't always with a pencil and paper. Some of the most valuable lessons can be found outside. Homework is also based on individual needs. Not all students are wired the same. Not all need the same amount or assignment.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school prides itself in the many "extras" provided to all of their students: art, dance, theater, music, gardening, after school intervention help and accelerated classes, dances, reading programs, technology, and others. Our students practice kindness and learn about the pillars of good character.

The staff is friendly, the students are engaged and happy, and the environment is very welcoming.

I read some of these reviews and would like to address them. Many teachers work excessively hard. Staying late, arriving early and working on the weekends. I know this because I am one and several of my friends are teachers here ! The homework is assigned per grade level and what the professional deems necessary for the class. I send reading every night and less than half my class returns it on a daily basis. Open house is held after school due to most parents picking up their child however very few parents came in. The students are very kind and respectful. I have been lucky with classrooms full of sweet kids that try hard. I find that most of these reviews are way off! The principal knows every students name. He often buys clothes for a fifth grader in need for culmination. The coordinators are always busy! They wear many hats. No school is perfect but there are great people at this school and the students are kind.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Incompetent teachers here. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT LATINOS HERE. Racism is rampant here. Coordinators are ineffective

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some teachers dont even give homework. Some give the same thing over and over nothing to supplement class work. Just busy work

Last modified Gault Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.