Van Nuys, CA

Gault Street Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2015
Sadly to say I have few good things to say about this school.my experiences with the teachers at gault have been less than satisfactory. if you are Hispanic your child will be thrown into a class of "lower performing students" once there, you will not get the"Extras" (art, dance...etc) as the other classes at the same grade level get. Yes, there is blatant favoritism displayed at this school. administration should be ashamed of the way this school is run. I wish I could move so my children could attend a better school

Gault Street Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2014
The staff is very friendly, helpful and very approachable. My daughter has been going there for 3 years now. I have no complaints in regards to the teachers. The school as many others is affected by the low budgets in Los Angeles, but the staff makes the best out of it. I volunteer whenever I can and try to help as much as I can. I wish all parents would do the same.

Gault Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2013
This is our 2nd year at Gault. We had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher and now a terrific teacher for 1st grade. Either we are very lucky or our school has nothing but great teachers. Unfortunately the school has been suffering from low testing scores for the past few years despite a devoted principal and hard working teachers. I believe the problem is a lack of parent involvement/interest. Last week was "back to school" - only 5 parents visited our classroom. It must be so discouraging for the teacher and sad for the student who wants to proudly show his/her accomplishments to their family who doesn't bother to attend. The faculty can only do so much and our school can only meet and exceed our goals with the support of the parents. So come on people, get involved!

Gault Street Elementary School 2

Posted October 17, 2012
My child has been going to this school for 3 years now. I am currently happy with the teacher he is with but this has been a struggle. I get the sense that the teachers and staff are doing their basic jobs but aren't going above and beyond for their students. I don't get a sense of camaraderie within the staff like I do at other schools. I am defiantly concerned with the continuing decrease in scores and API. I am seriously considering removing my child from this school.

Posted April 24, 2010
This school has great lesson plans. The students here learn advanced subjects at an early age. Vegetarian friendly foods available in the cafeteria.

Gault Street Elementary School 5

Posted March 16, 2010
I love this school! Everyone is so friendly, kind, and courteous!! My children are learning academics and good citizenship.

Posted March 16, 2010
I don't know why anyone would write negative comments about such a lovely school!! The teachers and principal are outstanding, the school is clean and safe, and the academics continue to improve. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!!!

Gault Street Elementary School 5

Posted January 21, 2010
Terrific school, making great progress!! Very friendly environment that is safe and clean. Despite all of the district cuts, they seem to be 'business as usual'.

Posted August 24, 2009
My children attended Gault last year and I am more than pleased. No, the test scores aren't the highest but I really like the nurturing spirit, the supportive staff, and a principal that is always invol;ved and available.

Posted July 13, 2009
I rerally feel a sense of unity at Gault. The principal is very involved and the teachers appear to be taking on the challege of educating quite a few non-English speakers. Give them the credit they deserve!!!

17000 Gault Street, Van Nuys, CA  91406
(818) 343-1933
Last modified Gault Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gault Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top