Posted May 22, 2014
My son and I love this school. He is in the Technology Magnet and we could not have asked for a better placement. The counselors are off the charts fantastic and the teachers are great too. If you keep an open line of communication between the staff, your child, and yourself great things happen. There are a lot of advanced opportunities available for the taking if you just ask. Parent participation is disappointing but I do my part and feel great about it.

Posted January 13, 2014
Very disappointing. They do not evaluate kids to find out where they need the help. Teachers are not in tune with their students. Some wish they were not in school. This school needs to be changed into a charter school. I feel money is being taken away from the student programs and given to the football team. I feel its mismanaged finance and education wise. I feel it should audited.

Posted December 12, 2013
I graduated from this school in 2013 and honestly wish I had gone to a better school. All the teachers, except for a couple magnet teachers, hate their lives there. They wait for the last bell to ring more than the actual students. The math teachers there are a joke. None of them can teach and are extremely disorganized. i am in college now and feel as though Grant High School did not prepare me for the rigorous courses.

Posted September 05, 2013
This school is off the charts terrible bringing your child here is an awful mistake

Posted September 05, 2013
There are fights everyday and it is making the community look awful so don't come here you'll leave with. Black eye

Posted August 26, 2013
This school has opened it's arms wide for my son who is ADHD. Other schools offered nothing where this school is more than willing to take the extra steps my child needs to succeed with his education.

Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School 3

Posted May 20, 2013
As a student graduating from Grant High school I would recommend this school to the person who wants an affordable and well rounded school. I believe Grant is a great school socially, but educationally it is very lacking and the emphasize on education isn't priority for many teachers. Social life at Grant is very good, people here are usually found in their own "cliques" and other social groups. There are a plethora of clubs and sports here due to Grant being 6A. Education at grant is the biggest downfall of this school. This is typical of any public school. While parent involvement is high, I regret to inform that teachers here don't put priority on education. Sure you can carve yourself a great education here from higher level classes, but the majority of the classes I've taken here were filled with unenthusiastic students who failed to see the importance of education. Many of them slack off and skip classes. It's sad, but its the truth if you don't take challenging classes. Grant has defiantly done it's job as a high school: constructing a bridge to college. Yet, at the same time I feel like the "success" I've had as a student has mainly been from my own initiative.

Posted October 23, 2012
Very good school, hasn't had a fight in over 2 years. I suggest this school to anyone really. some people think this school has major issues but they used to but over the years this school has changed and is still improving

Posted April 22, 2012
Great school! especially compared to the ones in the same area. Teachers willing to help students succeed, efforts to keep up school spirit, positive motivation to get involve with clubs, sports and programs. Definitely recommend this school!! You will not regrat enroling your student into this school!

Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School 4

Posted October 16, 2011
The 10/15/11 post must be from someone who does not know the school or is not involved. The school leadership under the current principal is very good. Teachers are seasoned and have better credentials than private schools. Grant's API scores are up over last year and they hit their API growth goals. Yes - it is a public school and there are many students who show no interest in their education - why? Because their parents show no interest. I have had 2 kids go to top universities after graduating from Grant and have 2 more there now. Stop complaining and step up and be part of the solution.

Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School
13000 Oxnard Street, Van Nuys, CA  91401
Last modified Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ulysses S. Grant Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top