Van Nuys, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 11, 2014
My son attended this Kittridge for all his school years in elementary this is his last year and this is cool and he is making the best of it I am very pleased and hope this review cups other parents. This is a very good school I am very please with the teachers,mthe principal and the staff. My son has had always a great time in the school and all of his memories are really nice.

Posted April 28, 2014
I think Kittridge is a wonderful school .....Love them :-) My daughther who is now a 7th grader loves her elementary school so much that now she volunteers about 3 times a week.

Posted March 25, 2014
I love Kittridge Elementary School!!! I'm glad I transferred my son to this school. Mrs. Blair is such a wonderful and dedicated principal, you can tell she loves what she does. Office staff are extremely friendly and teachers at this school really care about their students succeeding. I've seen so much progress in my child since he started attending this school.

Posted May 14, 2013
Wonderful! Mrs. Blair (the Principal) is very commited to her job, to our kids, to education. She brought Jiji (ST math program), Art teachers, Music Teachers, Drama Teachers... and for next school year Kittridge will have a Science Lab. Parent Center is great as well.

Posted November 15, 2012
I was a former kittridge student left in the forth grade but now in senior year In west ranch and I still have memories of that school I was a real trouble maker in 1to 3 grade. I still talk to my friends about that school. I had Saturday school witch was fun. Overall I left in 4th grade and had a teacher I don't remember his name but he was a real good teach he had a record for getting kids grades up and he really helped I was no longer a trouble maker and I would get As and Bs on test and quizzes he was a real funny teacher the rest were also real fun I liked mrs.lowe the kindergarten teacher so yeah I had many friends my grades went up I learned a lot and I wished I would have continued there

Posted March 16, 2012
When my son started here in pre-K, 5 years ago, their scores were bad. Like in the mid-500s. They were a Program Improvement School, which meant you could get LAUSD to send your kid to a different school, based on Kittridge's poor scores. As of last years, they had brought their test scores up to over 800, a phenomenal improvement. my daughter goes there now, and I am confident she is getting the attention she needs. She is a gifted hild, and I know for a fact that her teacher goes out of her way to challenge my daughter. My only negative is that the teachers have to be SO focused on the English learners, that native-English speakers, especially if they're bright, can become overlooked and very, very bored. (This happened with my son, a couple of teachers all but told me so.)

Posted January 28, 2010
I am a parent of a 3rd grader. We moved to Van Nuys mid-way through his first grade. The school he attended, which claimed to be a public 'fundamental' school, was horrible. My son could barely read and his math skills... terrible. He has made incredible gains at Kittridge within months of his transfer and is now in advanced classes. I attribute it all to the administration and teachers. Every person was and is an advocate for his success. Thank you to all.

Posted October 29, 2009

Kittridge Street Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted July 03, 2009

Kittridge Street Elementary School
13619 Kittridge Street, Van Nuys, CA  91401
Last modified Kittridge Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kittridge Street Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top