Van Nuys, CA

Lemay Street Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2014
we don't like the principal. he is not concerned about my daughter's safety. she is depressed going to that school. The father is a bully & the principal does not care, even tho my daughter was accepted to USC Magnet. The principal killed the hopes & dreams of my daughter.

Posted April 29, 2014
We love it at Lemay! My daughter loves waking up and going to school each day! Not to mention that she is learning so much..... we are looking forward to staying here next year!

Lemay Street Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
We think it s a superb school for our student, she loves everything about Lemay, which has gifted and talented studies, can t say enough re: the great teachers...please support this school!

Posted October 24, 2013
I am very happy with my sons learning experience whole staff cares!! My son is learning how to read, math problem solving. My child looks forward everyday to go to school.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is an amazing system that this school has they are very on top of things and care about kids education!!!

Posted September 08, 2013
i went here from pre-k to 5th grade it was amazing, they have some amazing tachers. I will never forget this school

Posted August 02, 2013
A hidden gem in the San Fernando Valley. We are so fortunate to have teachers who really care. They all work very hard to reach EVERY child. The principal and administrators are first rate. Students at this little school are successful. The only way to explain it is that everyone is part of this award-winning team-- the kids, the staff members, and the parents.

Posted October 17, 2012
all I can say is that this school is one of the best schools in the valley, my son atended from k-to 3rd he was accepted at SOCES which is a great school too, but Lemay i have so many memories the teachers are amazing specially Mr. G and Mrs Katz 3rd grate teacher who made my son to be a genius in Math all the staff I miss all of them.

Posted October 17, 2012
I have had children at this school for the last 5 years and each year the school gets better and better. Each teacher my children have had strives for nothing but excellence. My children have made great progress through their years. I always feel welcome at the school and the staff is always striving to do what they can to support the students and parents. I look forward to my youngest finishing her years at this school.

Posted October 16, 2012
My son just started Kindergarten here and he loves it. He's in Miss Estrada's class. She's a new teacher and I think she is doing wonderfully. The school has really good parent participation, and all the staff members interacting with the children seem very sweet. My son also goes to the creative kids after school program at the school. They help him with homework and reading and give him a snack. The only complaint I had about that program is that I wasn't notified there were limited spaces when my son started school, so he couldn't get into the program for a couple of weeks. Not easy for working parents. Sign up early. The new principal seems very committed and works very hard. The school also has a gigantic yard that is really well maintained and lots of fun murals all over every building.

Lemay Street Elementary School
17520 Vanowen Street, Van Nuys, CA  91406
Last modified Lemay Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lemay Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top