Van Nuys, CA

Posted August 25, 2014
My son startd this school last year as he went into Kinder, he now has started 1st grade this year. His first year experience at Stagg has been very pleasant. His kinder teacher was very good and so far (its only been 2 weeks) his 1st grade experience has been good. The prinicipal has been very good and shes always around and always walks the school. She always says hello to you and remembers her students. I really loved all the activities thru out last year like movie night, they had a Halloween carnival type thing, they have dances, and other things going on all year. A friend of mine tells me his daughters elementary school does nothing thru out the year and thats sad for the kids. I really hope this year, they do the same activities they did last year. I know the school system "claims" its broke, but well see. My son has an I.E.P. and the entire support group he has is AWESOME and the support group really love their kids. We got in this school last year via a raffle cause we live about 15 minutes away and didnt like my sons home school, im vey glad we did.

Stagg Street Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
I went here back in 1977-78 This was the last school I went to in california before moving to vegas in sept. of 1978

Stagg Street Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2012
My son has been attending this school since pre-k and he loves it. He has had wonderful and caring teachers. He loves his third grade teacher, Mrs. Kojchaki!

Posted September 09, 2011
Thank you teachers in Room 16. My son had a great experience in Pre-K which provided a great foundation for his learning. It is wonderful for the school to have the SRLDP program.

Stagg Street Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2010
Basic public school, some good teachers have been moved out of the school to other areas, which I feel has made a difference. The academic programs are not challenging, - just mandatory curriculum and even so, the scores are so low for the school. The decline has happened in the last 3 years. The one star I am giving is to the principal, who does have school leadership qualities.

Posted June 12, 2009
My daughter was assigned to attend Stagg at the age of 3 due to a significant speech delay as part of the preschool collaborative program. She has made amazing strides in her speech. This was in GREAT part due to the HARD WORK AND DEDICATION of the teachers in room 16. I'm still amazed at how calmly and respectfully the children are treated when acting out. We were lucky to have been chosen to attend Stagg for the fall 2009 school year thru open enrollment. I can't wait to see what wonderful and amazing experiences await us. I, as a parent am excited to as involved with Stagg as they'll allow me to be. My hope is that all parents feel the same. It's all for the good of our kids.

Stagg Street Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2008

Stagg Street Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2008
The school tries really hard, but the parents of a lot of the kids simply don't care about the school or the education. - I think a school is only great when EVERYONE participates. If I could afford it, I would send my kids to private school but times are tough, so we are back here again this year.

Posted January 25, 2008
Stagg is a wonderful school the teacher there are very loving and caring but at the same time displine the students when needed. My daugther is a first grader amd its amazing all she has learned from the teachers. The office Assitant Lorena is the best without her our school wouldnt be running. Keep up the great work.

Posted July 24, 2007
Stagg is a wonderful school. My daugther just graudated from stagg and she was sad to leave. Her teacher Ms.Nakano was so nice and very gentle. My son also attends the school and he is doing just great. The staff is very friendly and I have made friends with them. The fifth grade teachers help the students get ready for sixth grade and answer any questions they have.

Stagg Street Elementary School
7839 Amestoy Avenue, Van Nuys, CA  91406
Last modified Stagg Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stagg Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top