No rating

ABC Little School

Private | K-2 | 15 students

Our school is best known for the "Whole Child Philosophy"

Living in Van Nuys

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $395,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I am always grateful to God that we as a family, decided to enroll both kids in ABC little school. From the first day we toured the school, we knew it will be a secure environment where our kids would grow In love. The teachers are the best, as they take their time with each child making sure they are up to date academically and learning good morals. I see the daily transformation in our kids and it always brings joy to my heart that we made the right choice. My children were always shy from the onset, but being in this school has helped them become bold and confident, they have learnt to trust others and keep learning to be better people. I love the way the kids are taught, constant active truly helps open the mind, both kids are so eager to learn. My daughter enjoys reading and she is only 4. I am most grateful for the fact that the staff potty train the younger ones, that made life easy for us at home and now we are enjoying the benefits. There's never a dull moment in this school, and we truly love every member of staff. Mrs Jessica the director, is simply the best. I highly recommend this school, plus lunch and snacks are both included in the fees. Awesome!!!

Posted July 8, 2014

Abc Little School Van Nuys is the BEST! It feels good to know that your child is loved by everyone there and they truly do care about every one of the kids needs like they are their own. I am excited to see my son grow with the kids and the teachers. They have the coolest activities for kids all ages, so no one is left out. And speaking for my son (age 2) he loves their food! Every day my son is learning something new, it blows my mind. I HIGHLY recommend this school!

Posted June 26, 2014

I cannot praise ABC Little School enough! The first time We walked through the door we felt this overwhelming loving-nurturing environment With floors so clean, you could eat off them! They made fresh pressed juice everyday And the children were all smiling polite and happy (unlike the other 11 preschools we had toured). Our child Max was extremely challenging and Marina and staff were amazing and loving and our child has never been Happier or more curious about the world, planting, animals, sharing and music. We will miss ABC Little School! With Love, The Goldsmith's

Posted May 5, 2014

I would like to state for the record that I am very happy with the service, educational success occuring with my son, and the promptness of addressing cincerns by the Director, Mrs. Jessica. We recently relocated to this area from out of state. From the beginning of my school search, Jessica, the Director, was very friendly and helpful. Not only did she provide information about the school and background, she provided assistance with areas in the neighborhood that we were not familair with. Since then, I have seen great progress in my two year old son. He has transitioned to his second teacher now and the structure demonstrated by his teacher, is awesome. My son has adjusted and appears to enjoy coming to school everyday. This school also offers incentives such as picture days, special recognition days, parties, etc. Lastly by far, this is one of the few schools that provide a lunch and snacks in the school rate. I recommend this school to any parent with toddlers living in this area.

Posted January 27, 2014

The is really nice. There's a pool, soccer team, science program... It has a lot of extras for the money being paid. Which is great! I like that the children are fed healthy foods too! However, I especially liked that a juicer was mentioned and the children are getting one fresh fruit and a veggie juiced for lunch every day. Only, when I mentioned it to one of the teachers, she said she hadn't heard or seen any juice being given to the kids from a juicer. False advertising maybe?

Posted October 21, 2013

My daughter attends ABC little school for about 2 years now. She loves it there. I am very happy with them.

Posted September 20, 2013

My daughter Lilybeth ,started at ABC little school when she was twenty two months,she started with Ms Patty which we loved and the went to Ms Elsy who did and amazing job at potty training her,the Ms Yesenia whom I trusted and felt like a second mom to Lilybeth,to Finally Ms Jessica and Ms Karen who also were very loving to my daughter .Lilybeth learned soooo much at ABC little school.we are very thankful to the rest of the staff Jessica the director and the rest of the teachers that have a great sense of team work. Carmina Milian

Posted January 24, 2013

This is one of the best preschools ever, They are so great with my daughter and would recommend them to everyone.

Posted November 1, 2012

I just wanted to thank ABC Little School Van Nuys for all the care and teaching. I currently had a Parent Teacher meeting @ his Elementary School a from Mrs. Marisol. My Son Doniven scored a 97% on the Kindergarten state Math Test on top of getting a Math Acheivement award from ABC Little School when he graduated from Pre-K. ABC Little School Van Nuys is above all the rest. Mrs Jessica the director knows her stuff...Thank you all

Posted June 7, 2012

My son kindergarten and the Sherman Oaks ABC Little School and currently attends the Van Nuys location for first grade. I am very active in both his schools volunteering 2 - 5 afternoons a week. Although my experience at the Sherman Oaks school was excellent, our time at the Van Nuys school has been EXTRORDINARY! The Van Nuys staff are all genuinely invested in the care and education (both social & elementary) of the children in their care. The director's dedication to the parents and students shines clear in all her efforts. The price, compared to other private schools, is far less and you recieve so much more! The care hours are 6:30am - 6pm year round and they cater to working parents and two snacks plus a home cooked lunch is provided in the tuition costs! You can TRUST the staff at ABC Little School. My son has grown leaps and bounds both socially and in his education! I HIGHLY recommend ABC Little School in Van Nuys to anyone who wants more for their children. I will miss everyone dearly as will my son! Thank you to all the staff (and students) as we are both better for knowing you all.

Posted June 30, 2010

I have had three children attend ABC Little School and it has been an absolutely wonderful experience. Ms. Jessica (Principal) effectively leads her group of experienced teachers in creating a learning environment that fosters positivity and a strong sense of self no matter what situation the kids come from. The teachers are in tune with each child's individual needs and with everything that I worry about on a daily basis as a mother of 5, I know that my kids educational and social experience at ABC is great. My 18 month old will start there next week and I am looking forward to another 4 years with this exceptional group of caring educators. I can;t even begin to go into all of the extra's that the school provides as far as extracurricular activities and artistic programs but I encourage any parent looking for a quality learning experience to check out ABC!

Posted May 11, 2010

This school has meant so much to our family. Our daughter has attended pre-school for over a year. The teachers & director really helped to bring her out of her shell. They don't miss a step and always, always put the students' best interests first. Our son also attended the summer program two years ago and had a blast. We are appreciative of the school's high standards and genuine caring.

Posted May 4, 2010

I am so happy to be able to give this wonderful school a five star rating. My 2 year old son has been attending Ms. Yesenia's class for the past 5 months and has learned so much. He wakes up in the morning and can't wait to leave the house for school. Ms. Jessica is so understanding of the nervous first time parent and is so caring of each individuals situation. It's all about the children here... they have fun playing, learning, dancing, painting, riding the bikes, eating lunch and taking naps together. A truly wonderful experience, thank you Ms. Jessica, Ms. Yesenia, Angie and all the others...AXL

Posted May 3, 2010

I love this school. It is run really well and the teachers are great. They showed my lil boy lots of love and attention. I feel he learned a lot and he learned socialization skills. He came home happy everyday! Thank you!

Posted November 6, 2009

Over the past year and a half, we have come to realize just how much we miss the supportive comfortable family atmosphere at ABC little school. The early childhood years at ABC little school are still fondly remembered and greatly appreciated. Ms. Marisol & Mrs. Kris academically prepared our children beyond what we had imagined. Mrs. Kris is an exceptional teacher. We never realized how advanced our 1st grader's education was until he attended public school. Mr. David, Mrs. Jessica, Ms. Marisol, Mrs. Kris, Mrs. Dalila, Ms. Yesenia, Mrs. Jackie, Ms. Vilma, Mr. Jose - We Thank You all very much. Take Care.....The Gamez Family.

Posted December 23, 2008

i love this school , both my kids go there ..and mrs jackie is one of the best teachers

Posted August 19, 2008

My son attended ABC a few years back and I can honestly say enrolling him was the best thing we've ever done for him. The head start he got going into public school put him on the fast track toward advancements and achievements I don't feel he would have realized if not for the groundwork done at ABC. The staff is well prepared, very congenial and parent-friendly, and the curriculum is a good 2 grade levels above public school education.

Posted August 8, 2008

My Daughter has been going there since she was 18 months and she will be going in to 1st grade...and Im sad to have leave next year...amazing staff!

Posted June 9, 2008

i love abc little school my daughter has been there for 3 1/2 yrs now and she loves it.... she loves miss dalila her teacher from last yr iam very proud to say that they have a very good staff. i recommend abc little school. :)

Posted May 30, 2008

ABC Little School has been wonderful for our 3 year old son. In three months, he has been potty trained and does not need his pacifier anymore. Our little two year old will be starting soon. We love it!! Candace Schneider

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 11%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Dance teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Russian
Spanish
Armenian
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 6:30 am
School end time
  • 6:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • JESSICA BROWN-VINCENT
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (818) 786-3273

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Performing arts
  • Dance
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture