Venice, CA

Posted July 25, 2013
I love Westminster Ave. Elementary in Venice. I have been a teacher for 27 years and Westminster is a jewel. The 2012-2013 school year was my first year teaching at Westminster in the Math/Computer Magnet and I had one of the best classes of my teaching career. Everyone welcomed me warmly and the the parent involvement is amazing. I am so excited about the upcoming new school year. I am looking forward to working with the our amazing staff, parents and awesome kids. Here's to a fabulous school year!

Posted May 03, 2012
My daughter is just completing second grade at Westminster. As a strong believer in local public schools, enrolling her was not a difficult decision for me. Having said that, Westminster has FAR exceeded my expectations. Not only is she thriving academically, my daughter has learned powerful lessons about education and community that can only be achieved at a place where teachers, administration and parents all share a common passion for learning and neighborhood unity. I would not only recommend prospective parents to visit this amazing school, I would challenge them to find a more nurturing, inspiring school ANYWHERE and at any price. Like their fabulous WE Garden, this school is destined to grow beautifully and be a shining example of community involvement. This is what an elementary education should be. Kudos to everyone involved at this school. You are doing a great job.

Posted February 03, 2012
This is a GREAT school I graduated from this school in 02' from the Magnet program, The teacher's were excellent, & also the staff & the principle. I want to thank Mr. Robins who was such an amazing teacher, he would sit down & listen to your problems individually & give you GREAT advise on how to handle it, I also want to thank Mr. Lesner who was another GREAT teacher was so calm NEVER mistreated his students always took his time on teaching & never rushed a student if he/she didn't understand. & last but not least my 3rd grade teacher Ms. Okin who made learning fun & helped each & everyone of her students patiently & you can tell how much she enjoyed teaching because there was NEVER a day where she didn't have smile on her face (: I miss this school so so much! GREAT SCHOOL

Posted September 13, 2011
I really love this school. My son has attended for the past 2 years and this fall my daughter started kinder and I am super excited for this school year. Everyone from parents, to staff, teachers and principal are great. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 13, 2010
I have a son enrolled in the 3rd grade magnet program and a daughter that just began kindergarten, I am impressed with the principal's dedication to striving for academice excellence and that in the midst of budget cuts she had been able to maintain extracurricular activities such as arts, drama and music. The WE garden speaks for itself.

Posted October 13, 2010
This is a gem of a school just waiting to be discovered!

Posted October 13, 2010
The school has an excellent principal that listens to the ideas and concerns of parent, during the course of the current principal's leadership the school's API has increased by 43 points. She has managed to keep extracurricular activities in our school, such as art, music, and drama, during this economic crisis. I can't fail to mention or fabulous WE garden, which speaks for itself.

Posted October 12, 2010
Westminster Elementary School has a strong teaching staff, experienced, intelligent and caring principal and a supportive parent group. In a short time, the principal has transformed the school into a serious center of learning, discovery and growth.

Posted April 13, 2010
Westminister is a very GOOD school. The entire staff is very professional and always ready to assist a child or a parent. The Principal is very hardworking and I really appreciate EVERYONE there :)

Posted April 13, 2010
Westminster Magnet paves the way for advanced technology education. Students integrate state standards into projects in PowerPoint, Excel, Frames, Pixie, iMovie and iPhoto. Come see our original animations and claymations. You won't find this at any other school!

Westminster Avenue Elementary School
1010 Abbott Kinney Boulevard, Venice, CA  90291
Last modified Westminster Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westminster Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top