K-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to St.Mark Elementary School, home of the Lions. I have the honor of leading the best staff on the West-side. We boast a balanced program designed to educate the whole child. We offer rigorous academics, strong, competitive sports teams and an excellent fine arts program. Please stop by and let me show you all the reasons St. Mark is the right choice for your child. Thank you for stopping by and GO LIONS!!
September 20, 2010

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

St. Mark School 5

Posted July 05, 2016
I have three children who have attended St. Mark. One is now in high school, the second just graduated and the third will be in 7th grade and we couldn't be happier with the school. The teachers are caring, knowledgeable and innovative. My children have been excited to go the school every morning, which is not always the case. The principal is outstanding - forward-thinking, involved, inspiring and knows the name of every child in the school. My oldest tested into several honors classes for high school, which tells me how prepared she was by St. Mark. I'm confident my son starting high school will excel, coming from such a wonderful school. It's a community that feels like a big family and we are so lucky to be part of it. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 05, 2016
Thanks to all of the teachers who have cared about my children and to our principal, who gives so much of herself to make the school as good as it can possibly be.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 05, 2016
They are awesome! Creative, interesting, enthusiastic. They genuinely care about the kids and it shows.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 05, 2016
They work on service projects to help others - homeless, children with leukemia, etc. - which teaches them compassion, caring and empathy.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 05, 2016
Every morning at assembly the children recite the PeaceBuilder's pledge in which they agree to avoid put downs, compliment others, do the right thing and never bully. They truly hold themselves and other students accountable.

St. Mark School 1

Posted June 15, 2016
There is an ongoing problem with bullying an students making racial insults. For instance one student told me that "I would get a weave because I am black" I finally gained the confidence to confront my principal and she told me that it was not the schools responsibility and that it happened too long ago (It happened a week before I complained) At this point I did not feel safe or protected by my school. Also my sister that at the time was a fifth grader ( she is now a sixth grader) was called a gorilla by a students parent. The principal responded to my mom by saying "Oh you know she's French you know how they are" My mom was infuriated since it was such a slap in the face. My sister eventually had enough after a child favored by the administration called her fat and said that "he hopes she dies" The school did nothing about it and my sister left the school. So unless you want to be cleaning food off your child's clothes everyday because someone threw it at them or unless you want you child to be taunted with racial slurs I do not recommend this school at all.

St. Mark School 1

Posted June 08, 2016
Terrible math program, high teacher turnover and a principal who doesn't communicate with parents regarding staff changes. Many of the teachers seem unhappy which in turn create an unhappy environment for the children. We left after two years because if this.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 20, 2015
I owe thanks to everyone at that school because in some way or form they have an continue to effect my children's lives. The teachers offering the education and guidance, a parent helping in some way, the staff members all play a huge part in making things run like clockwork and the tireless hours the parent volunteers give to helping out. I see you guys, I know who you are, you guys are great and I can not thank you enough.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 20, 2015
All the students are very respectful of the faculty and constantly look to them for guidance.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 20, 2015
With our busy schedule its just enough, because the outside of school programs, soccer, basketball and the practices also take up a lot of time.

912 Coeur D'alene Avenue, Venice, CA  90291