Ventura, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 15, 2014
We started our 5 year old here as an alternative to public T-K and boy are we glad! Our son is learning quickly and has blossomed here. He loves going to school each day. It was a great fit in philosophy from our former care-giver/preschool as well. The teacher's are wonderful! We love the diversity of the student boy, the respectful attitude of kids, parents and teachers and the opportunity to be involved in the support of the school.

Ventura Montessori School 4

Posted September 25, 2014
I have two words for this Institution: Thank you. The teachers are amazing, they transformed my daughter's life and mine as well. Respectfull and loving environment is what we found in Ventura Montessori School.

Ventura Montessori School 2

Posted September 12, 2014
Absolutely awful. According to local reputation, was once a truly great school. Unfortunately, now it is not. Teacher of the older class seems competent and genuinely cares about her students, but seems to have given up on the school. Younger class is basically strict daycare. Not only uninspiring, but stifling creativity and curiosity. The complete opposite of what the Montessori system is intended to foster. NO ADMINISTRATION WHATSOEVER. School is run by election of parents with no experience and no motivation to actually run a school. Enrollment has dwindled to almost nothing. I doubt that the school will be there in two years.

Posted May 01, 2014
We looked at many schools in the area and chose Ventura Montessori for several reasons. Having children engage with other children slightly older or younger than themselves gives the older children a sense of self confidence when they have the opportunity to help the younger kids learn. It also gives younger children inspiration when they see older kids accomplishing something they themselves have not yet mastered. The children also take part in gardening. Watching the plants and vegetables flourish due to their own nurturing gives them a delightful sense of self satisfaction. The low teacher to student ratio and the high amount of parent involvement has created a great sense of community, and my daughter is excited to go to school every day.

Posted April 29, 2014
Ventura Montessori School has done amazing things for my children. My oldest child started at a local preschool where the children played a lot and the curriculum was very basic. It became clear to me that he needed more to challenge him, and that is what we found at Ventura Montessori. At VMS he was able to develop at his own pace, through the Montessori Method. Now both of my children attend VMS and both are enthusiastic about going to school and about the subjects that they are learning. Thank You VMS.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our son recently started going to Ventura Montessori School, and he loves it. We were drawn by the extensive experience of all of the teachers, and appreciate their kindness, and true understanding of preschoolers. We went from a son who would run to the gate every day at pick-up at his previous preschool, to a son who asks to go to school now that he is at VMS. He regularly tells us new things about his day, and loves all of the teachers. We couldn't be happier.

Posted June 18, 2012
I visited five or six preschools before visiting Ventura Montessori School. Once I stepped into the classroom, I knew this was the place for my children. There is so much respect in the class, not just for the teachers, but for each child. The children respect each other. After two years at VMS, I've seen that my children are in a caring yet challenging environment. They are building excellent foundations in reading, math, and logic. Now I know they will succeed at any elementary school.

Posted March 29, 2011
I couldn't ask for more from a school. The previous reviews say it all. You'd be hard-pressed to find a parent who won't rave about the teachers, the academics, the activities, and the general atmosphere of this place. When I started looking at preschools, I visited several places before this one, and felt very ho-hum about all of them. Then I came to Ventura Montessori, and I immediately got warm-fuzzies. I instantly knew this was an environment in which children can thrive. The academics are amazing, but just as wonderful are the lessons they learn in life-skills, manners, and culture. The teachers are phenomenal. The Directress leads the older classroom, and has been with the school since it opened in 1969. She studied under teachers trained directly by Dr. Montessori. The head teacher of the younger classroom has been with the school for over 20 yrs. This is our third year with VMS, and we plan on keeping our son there for his kindergarten year, and possibly even 1st grade. He was bouncing off the walls his first day of school, and has since developed into such a thoughtful, creative, and mature little boy. We owe so much to this school. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted March 23, 2011
Wonderful school, wonderful teachers! I highly recommend this school! My son loves it! Small school environment.

Posted March 09, 2011
My oldest daughter is on her third year at Vms and we are so happy here. We will be very sad when she has to move on. The atmosphere is amazing, from the quite classrooms to the school pets and gardens. My youngest daughter has just started and Mrs Brunger is great with helping the kids transition. Best school ever. My husband even atttended this school 30 years ago and now our daughter has the same teacher he did.

Ventura Montessori School
38 Teloma Drive, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Ventura Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Ventura Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top