PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted December 01, 2015
My daughter loves VMS! She's learning so much and absolutely LOVES to read since starting here! She also makes up math homework on the weekends! She's always enjoyed books, but now she's really reading and it's challenging to get her away from a book. The life skills are fantastic too! I asked her if she makes a mess while eating at school and she said, "No, because we use place mats." We now use place mats at home and she has stopped making a mess... She also LOVES before and after care! We were recently missing school for a couple days to go to Disneyland and she said she was sad she wasn't going to be at school and wished she could do both. She gets dressed fast to get to before care earlier and has requested to be the last one to leave after care. I can't say enough about the Montessori experience and particularly this school. We had to move and change her schools 3 years in a row, and we are so grateful we found VMS and continue to flourish her love for school!

Posted November 30, 2015
Our oldest son went to VMS from 2008 to 2011 and our younger son is now enrolled too. This school is amazing! The headmistress Mrs. VJ has been teaching there a very long time and she and her staff are amazing. The school grounds are neat and clean and volunteer parents actually run the business side of the school, the school is so loved that there are legacy students enrolling all the time since Mrs VJ taught their parents! My biggest takeaway from having our son go to VMS was his incredible growth in maturity and socialization, the school really focuses heavily on polite personal interaction and it is a joy to visit the classrooms and see all those attentive bright and shiny faces. Proud VMS Parent here!!!

Posted November 29, 2015
I wholeheartedly and unhesitatingly recommend Ventura Montessori School to any parent looking for a high-quality early academic experience for their child. I really love this school! I specifically wanted my daughter to attend a Montessori school, and VMS had everything I was looking for. The teachers are warm, caring, and clearly have a passion for working with children. When I drop off or pick up my daughter at school, the teachers also take time to greet my son, who is not yet old enough to attend VMS, and they treat him with the same attention and respect they treat the students. And, equally important, I see the children treat each other with kindness and respect. Thanks to the mixed-age dynamic that is characteristic of a Montessori classroom, my daughter has friends who are older than she is, who she can observe and learn from, and friends who are younger than she is, who she can mentor and guide herself. She comes home and tells me very animated stories about what happened during her day. She is happy, confident, and independent. I see her academic and social skills continually grow and improve, and she genuinely loves exploring the Montessori materials and learning new things. The VMS parent community is excellent. The other parents are approachable, friendly, and encouraging. I was new to Ventura County when my daughter started at VMS, and I was quickly able to make many friends and feel connected. Parents contribute their time and expertise through co-op hours to help the school run smoothly, and I've spent many enjoyable hours working with other parents on various fundraisers and events that bring the community together. I drive 40 miles round trip to bring my daughter to Ventura Montessori School every day, and it's worth it.

Posted October 10, 2015
It takes a village to raise a child. VMS feels like that village. The parents and the teachers are so involved in the education of each child. As a parent, I feel heard and included in every aspect of my child's learning environment. VMS feels like an extended family. Be prepared. The first day I dropped my daughter off at VMS I noticed one thing in particular. Everyone says "hi." The teachers of course greet the students upon arrival. But the parents also say hi to each other. And the kids say hi to the parents and their kids. I was sort of blown away by the friendliness. Thought I could just slide in in my sweats and hair band and not be noticed. But noooo. Everyone likes each other here. So we all say hi to each other. And because of this little thing, my child can join any group of kids easily. She's learned how to introduce herself and that acknowleging others is important. She's learned she counts and that she is important too. The social skills that she's learned from VMS have really helped her outside of the school. My daughter feels safe and encouraged to try new things. She feels challenged and she has learned to challenge herself. The way the learning is structured has helped her work independently as well as in groups. And she loves school so much. I also feel heard at VMS. If I have a question or an idea I know I can throw it out there and I will be listened to. I won't be dismissed. I won't be told "we have to run it by ____." We are who we run it by. It's a great feeling to know that you are appreciated. And it's a better feeling to know you are involved in your child's education. I feel that my daughter is getting a strong foundation for learning at VMS. But I feel more importantly, she is getting a strong foundation emotionally that will help her in so many ways as she grows up to be a healthy, happy, independent person.

Posted February 15, 2015
Our daughter has really flourished at Ventura Montessori. The classrooms are the perfect environment and the teachers do an amazing job of letting the kids self-direct their activities while keeping them interested. We're definitely going to keep her there as long as we possibly can.

Posted December 15, 2014
We started our 5 year old here as an alternative to public T-K and boy are we glad! Our son is learning quickly and has blossomed here. He loves going to school each day. It was a great fit in philosophy from our former care-giver/preschool as well. The teacher's are wonderful! We love the diversity of the student boy, the respectful attitude of kids, parents and teachers and the opportunity to be involved in the support of the school.

Ventura Montessori School 4

Posted September 25, 2014
I have two words for this Institution: Thank you. The teachers are amazing, they transformed my daughter's life and mine as well. Respectfull and loving environment is what we found in Ventura Montessori School.

Ventura Montessori School 2

Posted September 12, 2014
Absolutely awful. According to local reputation, was once a truly great school. Unfortunately, now it is not. Teacher of the older class seems competent and genuinely cares about her students, but seems to have given up on the school. Younger class is basically strict daycare. Not only uninspiring, but stifling creativity and curiosity. The complete opposite of what the Montessori system is intended to foster. NO ADMINISTRATION WHATSOEVER. School is run by election of parents with no experience and no motivation to actually run a school. Enrollment has dwindled to almost nothing. I doubt that the school will be there in two years.

Posted May 01, 2014
We looked at many schools in the area and chose Ventura Montessori for several reasons. Having children engage with other children slightly older or younger than themselves gives the older children a sense of self confidence when they have the opportunity to help the younger kids learn. It also gives younger children inspiration when they see older kids accomplishing something they themselves have not yet mastered. The children also take part in gardening. Watching the plants and vegetables flourish due to their own nurturing gives them a delightful sense of self satisfaction. The low teacher to student ratio and the high amount of parent involvement has created a great sense of community, and my daughter is excited to go to school every day.

Posted April 29, 2014
Ventura Montessori School has done amazing things for my children. My oldest child started at a local preschool where the children played a lot and the curriculum was very basic. It became clear to me that he needed more to challenge him, and that is what we found at Ventura Montessori. At VMS he was able to develop at his own pace, through the Montessori Method. Now both of my children attend VMS and both are enthusiastic about going to school and about the subjects that they are learning. Thank You VMS.

Ventura Montessori School
38 Teloma Drive, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Ventura Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1