Public charter
Ventura, CA

Golden Valley Charter School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
I give Gvcs only one star because of my experience there. I'm sure others have experienced greatness. I have received no academic insight from my two educational facilitators. The library is available only by appointment. There is no one available to help locate materials. I have experienced only hostility from every employee at Gvcs. I give one star only because they have fulfilled their agreements to release funds for students to take lessons at approved vendors. That has been the only positive aspect of our enrollment at Gvcs. If I could afford not to do it, I would quit immediately.

Golden Valley Charter School 5

Posted September 03, 2011
GVCS is a charter that supports homeschooling, so you'll get as many different perspectives on the school as there are families. It's been terrific for us to select our own curriculum and be supported by our amazing ES (our Education Specialist, or credentialed teacher) who visits us at home every three weeks to check on our progress, give us helpful suggestions and encouraging words, etc. We find her to be a wonderful and helpful addition to our academic studies, which include chemistry, Renaissance history, geology, Spanish, Shakespeare and of course math, English, etc. But we get to do those courses with our 1st and 3rd graders at an age appropriate level, which you won't find in traditional public schools. We love GVCS.

Golden Valley Charter School 5

Posted February 27, 2011
Parent involvement is what makes or breaks any school especially this school. Because of the amazing support from the ES's and the parents, this school has provided my daughter with an amazing education experience not just academically but socially. I can't imagine not ever having this schools resources and faculty in my daughters education.

Golden Valley Charter School 4

Posted September 03, 2005
We have been a member for only 8 months and have had a wonderful experience. They are so helpful with all our needs, we need but to ask!

Golden Valley Charter School
3585 Maple St, Ste 101, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Golden Valley Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Valley Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top