Ventura, CA

Posted February 10, 2015
Very pleased with Anacapa. Outstanding GATE program, a wide variety of electives, and a great faculty. Our daughter is certainly thriving at the school.

Anacapa Middle School 3

Posted November 04, 2013
I don't agree with any of these reviews at all. Yes, maybe not all the staff is great but you can't expect perfection from a middle school. To be honest, the school is not so bad. One thing I like is the freedom of expression which Balboa does not have. I also had a teacher who did a fantastic job of preparing me for high school and she was not even there for half the year due to health issues. Everyone is hating on this school but I have never thought it was ever that bad.

Anacapa Middle School 2

Posted August 15, 2012
I agree with the last person's entry (06/01/12). My oldest just finished her last year there (8th grade) and during her time we often had "meetings" and it seemed that it was the teachers issues (some personal as well) being taken out on my child. Ridiculous. I am so glad she is done with that school! The teachers critisize and humilate children rather than teach them. Not very organized with their student charts either. I had to fax over my child's emergency card and update it more than once - when it was already done at the beginning of the school year. I started keeping copies to keep track and have proof things were being submitted on my end. They just couldnt get it right. No offense to others that havent had these experiences, but there either needs to be a good sweep of staff there. What happened to back to teachers that want to teach children? not belittle them....

Anacapa Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
Geez... I cant even type ... below I meant to type "close" to my work..... And I was going to say that I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT SCHOOL HAS A 4 STAR RATING? REALLY? That is far too generous in my opinion.... and yes, I know that I am entitled to it. I do not mean to offend those who are satisfied with school, or even like it... I just am not of that group.

Anacapa Middle School 1

Posted December 05, 2011
EXTREMELY unhappy with this school!!, they think its teaching when they criticize a child, and publicly humiliate them. they don't accept late work, or give test back to correct what was wrong. I give this school an F

Anacapa Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
Anacapa has a new, young principal whose lack of experience and judgement really show Many of the teachers and administration are just biding their time until retirement--they assign little to no homework, do not pass back corrected home work or tests so that the student can learn from their mistakes and provide little to no communication with the parents. This is the perfect example of why tenure is ruining the public education system. We received no feedback when addressing a problem with the principal and then none when taking it to the superintendant. Time for new blood top to bottom(including school board). Let's get back to teachers that want to teach(i.e. history) and not those just biding their time to retirement.

Posted September 17, 2009
The school is small and the staff is really involved with the kids.

Posted September 17, 2009
They really care about their students!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
I love thi school it rock i would recommend sending your chil to AMS they have great programs live Avid and ASB i love this school

Anacapa Middle School

Posted April 06, 2009
I am a student at AMS and went to this school ever since 6th grade. Thankfully, I will be attending Foothill Technology High School. But sadly for Anacapa, I would not recommend this school for your child because most of the teachers do not challenge their students(except the 6th grade GATE Language Arts teacher who is an excellent teacher). The schools campus is also very dirty. There are trash and gum on the sidewalk, the boy's bathroom smells terrible, and campus beautification doesn't help at all. Although the teachers are not the best, they are very kind and are willing to help you if you are in a tough situation. Overall, if you would like your child to attend a great UC(such as UC Berkley or UCLA), an Ivy League, or college, it is best that you do not send your child to this school

Anacapa Middle School
100 South Mills Road, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Anacapa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anacapa Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top