Ventura, CA
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome Back to the 2015-2016 School Year! We look forward to guiding your students through the 21st century through collaboration, communication, technological advances, and compassion!
August 19, 2015

Posted August 20, 2015
Anacapa Middle School has a new principal (just starting her 2nd year with AMS) who is experienced and passionate about providing quality education and impactful experiences for children as well as making sure the staff and educators have the skills and tools to provide the best learning experience for the students. The Two-Way Immersion program is outstanding. This is going to be a great year!

Anacapa Middle School

Posted August 19, 2015
- a school leader

Posted February 10, 2015
Very pleased with Anacapa. Outstanding GATE program, a wide variety of electives, and a great faculty. Our daughter is certainly thriving at the school.

Anacapa Middle School 3

Posted November 04, 2013
I don't agree with any of these reviews at all. Yes, maybe not all the staff is great but you can't expect perfection from a middle school. To be honest, the school is not so bad. One thing I like is the freedom of expression which Balboa does not have. I also had a teacher who did a fantastic job of preparing me for high school and she was not even there for half the year due to health issues. Everyone is hating on this school but I have never thought it was ever that bad.

Anacapa Middle School 2

Posted August 15, 2012
I agree with the last person's entry (06/01/12). My oldest just finished her last year there (8th grade) and during her time we often had "meetings" and it seemed that it was the teachers issues (some personal as well) being taken out on my child. Ridiculous. I am so glad she is done with that school! The teachers critisize and humilate children rather than teach them. Not very organized with their student charts either. I had to fax over my child's emergency card and update it more than once - when it was already done at the beginning of the school year. I started keeping copies to keep track and have proof things were being submitted on my end. They just couldnt get it right. No offense to others that havent had these experiences, but there either needs to be a good sweep of staff there. What happened to back to teachers that want to teach children? not belittle them....

Anacapa Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
Geez... I cant even type ... below I meant to type "close" to my work..... And I was going to say that I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT SCHOOL HAS A 4 STAR RATING? REALLY? That is far too generous in my opinion.... and yes, I know that I am entitled to it. I do not mean to offend those who are satisfied with school, or even like it... I just am not of that group.

Anacapa Middle School 1

Posted December 05, 2011
EXTREMELY unhappy with this school!!, they think its teaching when they criticize a child, and publicly humiliate them. they don't accept late work, or give test back to correct what was wrong. I give this school an F

Anacapa Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
Anacapa has a new, young principal whose lack of experience and judgement really show Many of the teachers and administration are just biding their time until retirement--they assign little to no homework, do not pass back corrected home work or tests so that the student can learn from their mistakes and provide little to no communication with the parents. This is the perfect example of why tenure is ruining the public education system. We received no feedback when addressing a problem with the principal and then none when taking it to the superintendant. Time for new blood top to bottom(including school board). Let's get back to teachers that want to teach(i.e. history) and not those just biding their time to retirement.

Posted September 17, 2009
The school is small and the staff is really involved with the kids.

Posted September 17, 2009
They really care about their students!!!

Anacapa Middle School
100 South Mills Road, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Anacapa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anacapa Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top