Posted November 09, 2012
Our son loves this school! All his teachers are excellent and challenge him to do his best. Mr. Chapin's (7th grade world history) enthusiasm is contagious and my son makes extra effort to study for his class. Mrs. Z, has been very encouraging in her LA class. Mrs. Kennedy runs an interesting & interactive Science experience. Mrs Shirley is a solid & steady type Math teacher, using experience, patience and encouraging that practice makes perfect. Mr Anter's class (computer) has been a great learning tool and my son using what he has learned in class for projects at home. And we are very pleased with this school's PE activities, sports and clubs. Wonderful school!

Posted May 30, 2011
I attended this school for 6th through 8th grade a couple of years ago and it was a great school. I was never bullied, the teachers I had were very supportive and challenged their students, and I really enjoyed my time there. I am not sure why some parents were saying that some of the library books were inappropriate. I was a library assistant and an avid reader while I was there and I do not remember seeing a book that was not appropriate for children of that age. The classes were excellent and challenging, and they did help me in preparing for high school. The GATE (GATE is the schools equivalent for AP/ Honors classes in high school) classes that I took were rigorous but fulfilling. I will say though that it does matter which teachers a student receives. I liked all of my teachers while I was there. Like I said before, they seemed to care about their students and wanted them to succeed. Also, PE was not simply just walking around the field. That was just our warm up while I was there. The teachers would talk while we did our warm up but then became involved after the warm up finished.

Balboa Middle School 1

Posted February 27, 2011
Am glad that my second child will NOT be attending Balboa! Most teachers are checked out and far from enthusiastic. I TOTALLY agree with the previous post! PE there is a joke and have heard about many twisted ankles on the field and the bullying! Pricipal is nice to your face but will not follow though, and the same with our counselor. It is an old and run down school! Parent involvement is questioned. I have 2 very inappropriate books come home from library with nothong done when I call....just glad it is almost over!

Balboa Middle School 1

Posted February 14, 2011
So far I have had problems w/the following: * An English teacher who does not following the AR program for her students, so the Principal had to pull her aside and explain it to her...because she was failing students unnecessarily. * A history teacher who doesn't know how to grade on percentages. * A P.E. Teacher who thinks she can try to punk me through my daughter because I had to call them on what they are not doing....and the teacher didn't like it. * A P.E. Staff who stands around during the P.E. period chatting while they make the classes walk the field in circles for the entire period and the non-supervision allows the bullies in class to get away w/things. * Last year a couple kids were trampled on the last day of school in P.E. when all the classes rushed to get their backpacks from the pen they were chained-up in at once. The teachers were across the school yard chatting w/each other while they left the teacher's aide (another student) try to control the issue. * Phone calls that are not responded to. * The field that is riddled w/gopher holes. * Calls to the District Office that have no impact. Get the point!?

Balboa Middle School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My son says he can go to any teacher if he has a problem and truely helps him.

Posted November 29, 2009

Posted September 07, 2009

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted March 18, 2009

Balboa Middle School 0

Posted February 27, 2009
This school rocks!! they have the best teachers. I go to balboa middle school and my favorite teacher is ms. Antunez.

Balboa Middle School
247 Hill Road, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Balboa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Balboa Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top