Pierpont Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2014
Above average for a public school. That being said, it is still a public school and is thereby bound to the unions, fosters mediocrity, and overwhelmingly caters to the lowest common denominator. VERY high parent participation, amazing community support, small school vibe, and almost completely insulated from the "undesirable elements" trolling the beaches nearby. Definitely safe, but not a place that will prepare your child for an academic career that is anything but mediocre. If you have to send your child to a public school in Ventura, this is where you want them placed.

Pierpont Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2013
My son is a first grader attending this school. His class size is fairly small compared to other public schools. On Fridays the kids get to go to the beach for Science class. The teacher is wonderful. The principal is awesome! She is dedicated to the well being of the students. The school offers many different resources to help families. We have the best crosswalk guard. He makes sure that safety comes first. The parents come together to volunteer and the community is peaceful. We love our school by the beach!

Pierpont Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2013
My daughter loves this school because of her friends. But I have to say that it is very clicky with the parents. If your not part of the group then you or your child will not be invited to anything. The homework is extensive and harsh, and the teachers are no help at all. Look out for the crossing guard in the morning, he's sure to start your day with a head full of stress.

Pierpont Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2013
Don't send your child here, it is a awful school full of bullies. The PTA seems corrupted, I myself donate on a monthly basis but don't see any of it. They always keep the same people as the leaders so if you want to get involved your out of luck.

Posted May 16, 2012
The best schol around.My son went there from K-5,my daughter has been there K-4,and we are so pleased.The principal ,Susan Martinez,is fantastic!The teachers all care and the parental involvement is high.The only problem is State budget cuts,but these warriors do what can be done to ensure a safe,bully free,intellectuality challenging,fun environment for the kids.Rock on Pierpont!Our little diamond!

Posted April 29, 2009
My son has been at Pierpont Elemenbary School for the past 4 years and just loves it. From the school crossing guard, to the janitor, the office manager, all the teachers, our little school by the beach (right across the street) is a gem in the sand! All the personnel are welcoming, work as a team, listen to the kids, and you can just see the results in the faces of each and every child. I'm actively involved in the PTA and in my son's classroom. Knowing that we have had recent budget cuts in education, (one of our teachers got a pink slip) our classes are now going to be bigger, but we have great parent involvement in the classrooms to assist the teachers, that I know we will survive these changes. Go Pelicans!

Posted August 19, 2008

Posted April 03, 2008

Posted February 01, 2008
We moved into the neighborhood and enrolled our son just before Thanksgiving break. His teacher and the principle, the staff, and parents were all very welcoming. I can notice a big diffrence academically, he is doing great. We love this school. Parent involvement is great and really makes the school excell. Everyone seems to have a great heart about the kids. I am very impressed with the environmental awareness that is being taught.

Pierpont Elementary School 0

Posted November 11, 2007
I moved my daughter into this school from another district because it is such a great school. The teachers really care about the kids. The parents are always welcome and encouraged to help at the school. The principal knows the kids by name as well as their parents. The kids are challanged to be the best they can be.

Pierpont Elementary School
1254 Marthas Vineyard Court, Ventura, CA  93001
Last modified Pierpont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pierpont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top