Bad
Good

My experience at Blanche Reynolds Campus has always been a positive, caring, welcoming campus. Everyone that works there are always so kind and they make you feel good about being there. I remember taking my children to Rainbow Bridge playground when they were younger and we have so many fond memories.

Traditional blanche reynolds has lots of great potential. My kids are happy and most of the teachers are great. There are always some that aren't. There needs to be more parental participation. The more involved the parents the stronger the school. You cant get something from nothing. BR is great overall.

I pulled my daughter from this school half way through the year. Her teacher was horrible! She talked down to the kids and would make fun of them in front of the other students. She was never on time and always had a bad attitude.

I went to Blanche Reynolds from K-5th grade myself and i wouldnt have my child go anywhere else. The community in that area is my favorite and i just love all the neighbors as well. My daughter has struggled with some early trama in her life and with therapy and the help of the teachers and other Blanche Reynolds staff she is now doing great. I am a single mom that works and goes to school full time and i made an effort to volunteer every week i was rather discouraged that not all parents were making the same commitments. The teachers are amazing with my daughter providing extra help when she needs it and keeping me fully informed. I wish there were more teachers out there like them because they made such a difference in my life as well as my daughters. The new principle is great as well...she means buisness and is taking everything head on and i LOVE that. I have great hopes, memories, and beliefs about this school and would never send any of my kids anywhere else. We are lifers!!!

This school is fantastic! At another school I was being pushed to have my son labled ADD by his teacher when I knew that wasn't true - he was just a normal, active little boy who was smart and didn't want to do busywork at his desk when he was done with an assignment - he wanted action! At Blanche Reynolds Open Classroom, he wasn't made to sit still all of the time and yet he still learned a lot, but in his own way. I put my younger son in as well, and his individual needs were also taken care of. I saw the comment from the parent who felt that not all parents participated as much as they should, and my own comment is that people get out of a program like this what they put into it. Life isn't always "equal." (I teach my children that as well.) It's not a parent's place to worry about what other people are doing and trying to make it "fair". People who enjoy working with the kids put in more than their "fair share" and it benefits all of the kids and the parents who like to volunteer as well. If you are only going to "count the minutes" you have to volunteer there, then you and the children are probably not gaining as much from the program anyway.

This school is great. My child is in the "open classroom". It's one of the only K-8 in the area without a waiting list. The teachers are friendly and helpful. Each family donates 2 to 4 hours of their time helping in or around the classroom. The students get variety and small group time with their teacher. Wow!! They make learning fun and go on many field trips.

Pulled my kids out after 2 months. I participated like expected however found that other parents did not live up to their participation required to keep their kids there. In my opinion after spending a lot of time with the kids, they were behind.

Some good teachers, but not much attention paid to the 'whole child' and their individual issues at home. It seems mostly about the numbers and not about how the child gets along on a daily basis.

Just completing our first year in Open Classroom at Blanche Reynolds (a school-within-a-school) and love it! Great parent involvement, my child is learning AND having fun (and excited about school work for the first time in a long time). Teachers give above and beyond!

Both of my sons have gone to this in their entire life. Their teachers provided great feedback on their works. My younger son needed extra help, so the school did provide help for him. He has been improving getting more 3s(max) and 2+s. It has been a great experience for my two sons.

Last modified Blanche Reynolds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.