Ventura, CA

Will Rogers Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2014
My 3rd grader has been at will rogers since kindergarten, and my younger one just started this year. I absolutely love (most) of the teachers! The immersion program is excellent and now that it is a magnet school for environmental science, the opportunities that the students will have are unique. I just feel so blessed that my children go there. The new science lab is wonderful and my kids are soooo excited about using it and experimenting! It is do hands on and all the kids that I know personally are so pumped up about learning there. Tge garden is functional, Eco-friendly, and educational. I just know that each year it is only going to get better! Go broncos!!!!!

Will Rogers Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
We transferred to this school for the dual language immersion program. We were so excited about the program, and we loved hearing our child learn Spanish. Unfortunately because of the high turn over of staff, the kids are out of control. I ended up transferring my child out because of bullying and being beat up on the playground. I would never send my child here. I would never feel like they were safe. Spanish is NOT more important than safety! (I am grateful that not all local schools are as bad as Will Rogers!)

Posted September 28, 2010
Will Rogers has excellent, caring teachers and staff! Each and every student is valued.

Posted March 25, 2010
Kat in the office is exceptionally helpful and always very nice. I m still going to try to transfer my daughter out but I was Impressed by the TWI program its just not for us.

Posted April 15, 2009
My twins have been at will rodgers k-4 grade i love this school. Thank you for all after school programs. thank Principal Short teachers and staff.

Will Rogers Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2009
I am NOT impressed with this school. My daughter has attended 1st and 2nd grade here and although she was ahead of grade level when she started at Will Rogers, she is now behind grade level. Communication from the school is minimal and although I'm an involved parent I did not get any help from the school trying to determine the type of help my daughter needed to bring her math scores up. We volunteer at the school weekly and the behavior problems in the classroom tend to minimize the instruction time so all of the kids suffer. Kat in the office is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately she is the only resource at the school that I have found helpful.

Posted July 18, 2007

Posted April 24, 2006
My child attended 5th grade at Will Rogers Elementary school. Her 5th grade teacher was fabulous. He taught with an openess with the students. I also liked the fact that the students were well behaved and not constantly talking or fighting.

Posted March 02, 2006
I love the school and most of the teachers. I dont like the day care program located at the school. The school and child care provider are totally seperate.

Will Rogers Elementary School 5

Posted February 09, 2006
My daughter attended this school for 5 years. This school provided great opportunities for my child including an onsite band, after school intervention, homework club and after school sports clubs. The teachers are very professional and dedicated. They really take the time to ensure that each child succeeds.

Will Rogers Elementary School
316 Howard Street, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Will Rogers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Will Rogers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top