Ventura, CA

Will Rogers Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2015
My son went to this school from K-3 what a waste of his time. This school offers no extra resources for children who may need the help. Since my son did need the extra help due to school budget he only qualified for 15 minutes of 1:1! He never understood his homework & constantly complained about school. Teachers (except Ms. Bann) lacked communication and the principal Ms. Cortez focus was always and only about behavior. NOT academic performances! I brought to the attention of the principal that my son was being bothered at school. When my son was finally fed up and did something she tried to point the finger at him like we had never brought up this issue and asked her to address it. I do NOT recommend this school. I have since transferred my son to a different school & I have never seen him as confident as he is now! Teachers take the time to stay after class and help the students. My son is now focused and doing homework on his own without being told. Why? Because he understands what he's doing! If he doesn't his teacher goes over it with him and explains it. We're only about 3 weeks into this school year at this district and I can't express how happy I am that he finally feels confident and smart! No worse feeling than seeing your child struggle and not be heard or get the help he/she needs.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 01, 2015
No communication with most of them, I gave my number and email address numerous times for better communication and not once did I receive in email but the entire year my child was subject to be held back due to failing!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted September 01, 2015
I don't know about the amount but sending homework home with a student who doesn't understand what went on in class because the classes are 20+ kids each and teachers don't stop to take the time to throughly teach them the correct way & rather get through a chapter. You'd think after seeing the same student asking for help or struggling that they would bring this to your attention but they rather just let you know he's failing at your parent teacher conference.

Will Rogers Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2014
My 3rd grader has been at will rogers since kindergarten, and my younger one just started this year. I absolutely love (most) of the teachers! The immersion program is excellent and now that it is a magnet school for environmental science, the opportunities that the students will have are unique. I just feel so blessed that my children go there. The new science lab is wonderful and my kids are soooo excited about using it and experimenting! It is do hands on and all the kids that I know personally are so pumped up about learning there. Tge garden is functional, Eco-friendly, and educational. I just know that each year it is only going to get better! Go broncos!!!!!

Will Rogers Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
We transferred to this school for the dual language immersion program. We were so excited about the program, and we loved hearing our child learn Spanish. Unfortunately because of the high turn over of staff, the kids are out of control. I ended up transferring my child out because of bullying and being beat up on the playground. I would never send my child here. I would never feel like they were safe. Spanish is NOT more important than safety! (I am grateful that not all local schools are as bad as Will Rogers!)

Posted September 28, 2010
Will Rogers has excellent, caring teachers and staff! Each and every student is valued.

Posted March 25, 2010
Kat in the office is exceptionally helpful and always very nice. I m still going to try to transfer my daughter out but I was Impressed by the TWI program its just not for us.

Posted April 15, 2009
My twins have been at will rodgers k-4 grade i love this school. Thank you for all after school programs. thank Principal Short teachers and staff.

Will Rogers Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2009
I am NOT impressed with this school. My daughter has attended 1st and 2nd grade here and although she was ahead of grade level when she started at Will Rogers, she is now behind grade level. Communication from the school is minimal and although I'm an involved parent I did not get any help from the school trying to determine the type of help my daughter needed to bring her math scores up. We volunteer at the school weekly and the behavior problems in the classroom tend to minimize the instruction time so all of the kids suffer. Kat in the office is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately she is the only resource at the school that I have found helpful.

Will Rogers Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2006
My child attended 5th grade at Will Rogers Elementary school. Her 5th grade teacher was fabulous. He taught with an openess with the students. I also liked the fact that the students were well behaved and not constantly talking or fighting.

316 Howard Street, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Will Rogers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Will Rogers Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top