Ventura, CA

Posted April 21, 2014
Saticoy Elementary School has been always loved by the community. Dedicated teachers, involved parents, cooperative staff, and a very active PTA are some of the few to mention. The young, energetic Principal who is a technology pro, knows how to make things work and attain the resources for the kids. With the new name change of the school, ATLAS Elementary (Academy of Technology and Leadership at Saticoy), the school focuses on technology and emphasizing the leadership skills in the students. After school programs, programs for GATE kids, spirit week and other PTA driven program are keeping the kids driven and parents involved. I am so proud to be a part of ATLAS/ or a more familiar Saticoy Elementary School. Both of my kids are having such a good learning experience and I am happy to see them grow as better individuals in a very safe, academic environment where 'Great Happens' almost every day!

Posted February 24, 2014
My child transferred here from Mound and we have been very happy and satisfied with the personal connection between them and their teachers, with the amount of activities for parents to get involved with at the school after school hours, and the use of technology. My child loves it and I am so glad we made the choice to come here!

Posted December 18, 2012
I love Saticoy school. I don't know why it is rated so low, this is NOT the case. My child had a great experience in Kindergarten and we absolutly love her first grade teacher Mr. Palkie. They really take an interest in the students and I love the access to iPads,nooks and technology in the classroom. A+

Academy Of Technology & Leadership At Saticoy 4

Posted January 06, 2012
Saticoy has been a blessing. Last year my daughter whined every morning that she had to go to school. I moved her to Saticoy and she jumps out of bed every morning. She adores her teacher, loves the learning environment and is being taught more than just academics. The principal is young, energetic and enthusiastic. She is starting great new programmes for the kids and is moving with the times. The staff is receptive, involved and willing to do anything for the kids.

Academy Of Technology & Leadership At Saticoy 4

Posted November 24, 2008
I love this school! The principal and staff are wonderful and really care. My daughter is a GATE student and continues to do extremely well at Saticoy with CAT6 scores all in the 95-88th percentile. Don't second guess this school or waste your time driving all over town. Support your community school. You get what you give. Saticoy is a fabulous school! Love it!

Academy Of Technology & Leadership At Saticoy 0

Posted November 13, 2008
After four years I can only say that Mrs. Smith is an exceptional teacher. I have not been impressed with the other. My child has often been left to fend for himself so that they can 'catch up the students that are behind', meanwhile my gifted child is closing in on grade level.

Posted November 04, 2008

Posted August 18, 2008
I have had 2 children in this school and am sorry that I did. My kids scores and abilities declined after a couple of years there. Newer principal needs to be more involved in making sure his teachers follow guidelines, such as showing up on time and teaching core subjects. The Ventura school district is weak.

Posted March 27, 2007

Posted July 23, 2005
My experience with this schools has been nothing but a big headache. The curriculum needs improvement and the standards of the school tends to cater to the academically challenged and work its way up to the even more academically challenged. This school may portray the image of helping its students but helping them amount to what, being five years behind the rest of the world. The only reason why my child stayed in this school was because I was given wrong information from the School Board stating that I must stay within my district. Happy to say that I will enjoy commuting my child to the next district over.

Academy Of Technology & Leadership At Saticoy
760 Jazmin Avenue, Ventura, CA  93004
Last modified Academy Of Technology & Leadership At Saticoy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Technology & Leadership At Saticoy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top