Ventura, CA
Students enrolled: 2,070

Posted October 13, 2014
The principal pushes her own political and lifestyle agendas in our school, where our kids just need to be learning common core.....not getting in the middle of her own personal crusades. Leave our kids out of your home drama.

Posted October 12, 2014
Disgusted with the principal of this school. Regardless of her beliefs religious, political, etc, she should leave those at the door. She has hurt our school by picking who can give to our school based on their political and or religious beliefs, actually their personal beliefs, not them being discrimitory in any way. She allows coming out day at school which includes ribbons based on what sexuality a student is, including homosexual, lesbian, bi, trisexual (which means you'll try anything), pan sexual (still don't honestly know what that one means), asexual (really!!!), transgender, and Ally (you support all or some part of LGBT community even if you are not any or all of those preferences.... How is that a sexual orientation??). Did not have abstinent, or celibate (shouldn't those be in there if asexual and Alley are in there). This should not be done during school time..... Our kids are not there to declare the sexuality. This might be acceptable at a college, but not on a high school campus. Disgusted with this principal, you don't want to go here, she's bringing our school down with her personal agendas.

Ventura High School 5

Posted October 12, 2014
My oldest daughter graduated from VHS several years ago and I have another child in VHS now. I have been happy with the teaching, classes offered including Honors and AP classes as well as music, drama and art programs. I have always found that the Principal was always very supportive and always acted in best interest of the students and the entire student body. Regarding the incident mentioned in previous reviews, I asked my daughter what she thought and also what her friends felt regarding this matter. They felt that the Principal acted appropriately. This ridiculous bashing by parents is very childish.

Ventura High School 2

Posted September 13, 2014
Okay school, but the administration is overrun by people pushing controversial views. The principle, Val, bans things that are Christian and is a vocal proponent of gay marriage. If family values and the Bible are important to you, I recommend looking elsewhere.

Posted September 13, 2014
The principal of this school Val Wyatt, should be banned from ever setting foot in the school again. Banning a donation from a restaurant because they don't share the same beliefs is irresponsible, intolerent, offensive to Christians and discriminatory and I believe possibly illegal. With only a 7 star rating in general, with this principal in the helm the school will no doubt decline and send a generation of kids out in to the world who are so biased they'll never be able to function in society without great difficulty. Get Val Wyatt out of there if you want to improve the lessons in tolerence and love to your children.

Posted September 12, 2014
Ashamed that the administration has turned it's back on Christian corporations, do you not feel you are offending the Christian children also? Political correctness is out of control.

Posted September 12, 2014
I find the principal puts politics above the needs of students based on her ridiculous actions. Banning Chick-Fil-A even though they are quite generous to those in need, do not discriminate in hiring or serving others. I think she's a bad example for children.

Posted September 12, 2014
Our school is horrible because our Principal, Val Wyatt does not have a functioning brain.

Posted September 12, 2014
They've decided to ban Chic-Fil-A because they don't like the fact that they are religious. Given all the drugs and gangs, does this really need to be done? I don't want my child disciplined for eating Chic-Fil-A.

Posted September 12, 2014
Typical public school spineless administrator. In this case she wasn't pressured into banning them she did it because she is intolerant of people who don't believe as she does. I doubt the parents would have been upset. I hope chic-fil-a never gives your school another dime.

Ventura High School
2 North Catalina Street, Ventura, CA  93001
Last modified Ventura High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ventura High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top