K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our Lady of the Assumption (OLA) has an OUTSTANDING PRESCHOOL! It is truly a hidden gem in Ventura because they do not advertise. The director and ALL of the teachers are very passionate about teaching and caring for preschool children. They pack an amazing amount of engaging, educational, and developmentally appropriate activities into just 4 hours (8am-12pm.) They also provide extra care (7:30am-6pm.) I love knowing that my child is always safe, well-cared-for and engaged in learning early academics as well as Christian values at OLA Preschool.

We had big expectations about the school. I don't know if just me but I dindn't like the fact that the school have only one class per grade & it's almost public school because they have about 25-30 per class (time we were there). There are kids that out of control but I don't see the school staff doing something to stop it. The curriculum is okay, that time they don't have spanish, & the art is taught by volunteer parents, they have part time music teacher. I know, you probably think those subjects are not important but kids can't do math, science, english, & reading all the time, they need other things to do so that they don't get burn out at the end of the day specially lower grades. My child came home irritated because she can't focus when the class is noisy, lot's of home work which is expected. The school doesn't have enrichment program, you can't get help if your child needs it but if they need your donation they will get as fast as they can, facility is old (we feel like our child is not safe at all) & dirty restrooms (Where are the money from the fundraising?) of course they have fundraising's & required volunteering hours which is typical to catholic school.

OLA school has provided an excellent learning environment for my children! I love that my children are spending their days being shaped by Christian values while learning! The parent involvement and sense of community makes this school the best! I love that I get an email everyday with updates of what my children did in class and I can ready the principals blog online! Wonderful school!

The staff and parents work hard at being a cohesive unit in order to provide the best possible environment for molding moral, intelligent, compassionate Citizens of Tomorrow. The children are polite, sweet, and very inquisitive. There are always new ideas and programs being implemented, and the school enlists the support of the church parishioners in fundraising and volunteer activities. It's 'All About the Children, and with these pluses in place, these kids are guaranteed success!

This is a great school with great test scores! It has been a good education for my 2 kids who have continued Catholic education in high school. It truely takes a village to raise a child, and these dedicated people are here to help!

Last modified Our Lady Of The Assumption is a Private school that serves grades K-8