Posted June 24, 2011
I rate college heights high in learning. My 5 year old has learned so much in a little time. He started late in the year 2011. The pre-k teacher is really serious about teaching. Emotionally he struggled. He had a anger control issues. His teacher was patient and worked with me as much as she could without distracting her from other kids that were more behaved. We stayed a team (parent/teacher/student) worked hard and he matured ahead and started doing better. It was a good experience for the both of us. Schools cant do it without the parents. I wish they had a child license social workerd/counslers educated in early childhood development/cultural sensitivity classes. All children are not equal and deserve top knotch education. If your child has a problem at this school their are no resources for student/parent. If I had one wish for this school....HIre staff to help all children/parent adjust to the christian evironment. (Transition Team) Alot of fun raisers so be prepared to help out financially/donate your time. You feel bad if you cant as a parent. My son Knows and Loves the Lord because of this school. Jesus is truly first here! ("Love that") No price on Jesus. Thanks CHCS.

College Heights Christian School 4

Posted March 22, 2011
Yes the school is good with academics I am a freshman in high school and have good grades because a lot of the things I have learned I learned from the teachers there. But with me I had a few problems with my peers. Not getting into that. Over all the school is good but you parents should ask your children about the students there and make sure everything is going alright.

Posted April 21, 2010
As a teacher at a different private school in the area, I must say that I feel my daughter's education at College Heights is far superior! I love this school! My daughter has a wonderful teacher who is always happy to talk about any concerns. When my daughter's class became too large, they split the class, giving students more individual attention. The before-care and after-care programs are wonderful, with loving and caring teachers in both. My daughter has grown so much this year spiritually. I have really been quite impressed. I would very much encourage anyone looking for a Christian school, or any type of private school, to seriously look at College Heights Christian for your child!

Posted April 13, 2010
College Heights has been a blessing to our family. As a teacher I am AMAZED at what my 4 year old has accomplished this year in their Jr. K-4 Kindergarten program. WOW! She is reading, writing and doing math well beyond what a public school kindergarten K-5 student is doing. Thank You College Heights! We look forward to 9 more wonderful years.

College Heights Christian School 1

Posted March 10, 2010
Would have loved to find our experience with College Heights the same as other parent reviews, but found quite the opposite. The teacher showed no love of the Lord or evidence of being Christian. Administration was weak and not Bible based. My child was set out and treated badly by the teacher. Notified administration and even after meetings with teacher and administration nothing changed. I would encourage any parent looking to place their child in a Christian school to stay as far away from this school as possible.

Posted September 01, 2009
I had been associated with CHCS long before I had kids as my nephews attended. I have seen some of the most brilliant and well rounded kids come out of the school. The teachers hearts are towards the kids and not the paycheck. They love what they do and desire to see kids reach their full potential. It's always exciting to hear what former students are up to, and most often it's something amazing. It is a beautiful place to send your kids and I highly recommend it.

Posted August 26, 2009
My daughter attended and graduated from 8th grade at College Heights. I was SO pleased with this school....it was like a breath of fresh air!!!!! (and we had been to two other Christian schools) The teachers love the Lord, live their faith, love and pray for the students!!! The staff is so encouraging and go beyond the 'call of duty' to help and support the students AND their families!!!! God has really put the best group of educators and staff together in College Heights Christian School and they have Blessed my family immensely!!!

College Heights Christian School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
My two children went all the way through College Heights. The teachers are loving and encouraging. My children thrived in High school due to the preparation they received at College Heights. I would recommend this school for anyone who wants to have their children raised with great academics and a strong Christian value system!

Posted April 03, 2008
All three of my children attended. All three were more than prepared for college prep and AP classes in high school and went on to attend colleges with high standards. The focus on Christian world view, ethics, and Godly character is very strong. Excellent academic curriculum. Committed teachers; some have been there over 20 years.

Posted May 13, 2006
Both of my child attend this school. CHCS offers an aggressive curriculum. Both of my children were reading, printing, counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's, telling time, adding and subtracting by kindergarten graduation. All demonstrate their love for teaching and watching the children grow academically and spiritually. Each teacher holds tutoring sessions once a week for any child who desires. Parent involvement is highly recommended due to the aggressive nature of the curriculum. This helps to reinforcing what was learned for the day.

College Heights Christian School
6360 Telephone Road, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified College Heights Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
College Heights Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top