Ventura, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 13, 2014
Superb academics and amazing teachers at the elementary school. Kids are engaged, learn how to set high standards for themselves, and are taught how to be responsible for their own education. Teachers teach to the top of the class and work outside of the classroom to bring those at a lower level up to par ... a completely different philosophy than local public schools where they teach to the bottom of the class and completely ignore children who excel. This school sets the standard for parent participation which is, obviously, also one of its keys to success ... and is a must if you want your children to realize the full potential of this school. It is a Christian institution so expect some religion to be mixed in with the course load. However, if you are not religious and are considering this school purely for its academics, although a part of the curriculum, religion is not pushed on anyone ... it is simply there if you want it. We auditioned most of the private schools in Ventura and Ojai before deciding on Missionary ... and have been absolutely thrilled with our choice.

Posted April 27, 2014
This is my review about the school! The school teachers and staff is great, their doing the job that assigned to them and more. This is our first year and so far everything we're looking for is there. I love the extra curriculum, art & music. The parents that we've meet so far are all nice opposite to the one parents review, they always say "Hi" and say "Good Morning" every time my husband and I drop off our daughter to school. The school facility is clean and they have staff watching the kids in the morning before school starts and recess time. Also, I want to mention that "GreatSchools.Org" is a site review about the school not the parents of the kids who goes there. Sorry no offends!

Posted April 17, 2014
I can't say enough about this school. We moved here from another country and the most important thing to us as parents were our children. Namely, the education that they would be getting and being in a supportive and safe environment. We could not be happier with this school. VMS has really provided our children with a well rounded education in terms of academics, arts, sports and upholding strong values, morals and standards. We have come to see these same standards being upheld in not only the staff and teachers but the parents and their children. We were really impressed with the dedication of these teachers, they really care about their students.

Ventura Missionary Christian 4

Posted April 09, 2014
This school is great in music and art, those programs are excellent. However, they are leaning towards Common Core. They are not following CA state standards because Califonia has no more standards, the government now chooses the standards. They do get a Christian education. However the text books are the same as the public schools use. They just include bible lessons. Not to fond of the text books (History, science, math) at all. They other review is correct, not a 100% Christ followed curriculum. Would like to see a more Christ based curriculum in ALL of the text books.

Ventura Missionary Christian 3

Posted March 05, 2014
My son attends Ventura Missionary school. This is his second year and I am hoping that it will be his last. The teachers he has had so far are awesome! As far as academics go I am very pleased with the school. The reason we are trying to leave, and by that I mean by doing the school of choice or even moving to be able to attend a better public school......is due to the parents. I have never experienced such coldness, and stuffiness in my life. I have been there for two years and I can count on one hand how many parents have actually said hi or smiled back at me me when I wave or try to say hi.......most of them are women and I know they are clicky, and can be extremely jealous but these woman are ridiculous. It breaks my heart that we spend so much money to give our son the best education possible and we, and by that I should say I feel so unwanted being there, so since that is the case I will take my money else where, these parents there are really missing out, and ruining the reputation of that school....sounds very "Christian" right? Saddens me deeply.......the teachers on the other hand, and this is just my experience from 1st and 2nd grade have been amazing!

Posted March 01, 2014
My children attend Ventura Missionary School. This school has been a complete blessing in our lives! We love the caring faculty, the focus on the Arts, and particularly the Christian way of life the school offers with Bible lessons every day and throughout the day, across the curriculum. All of the teachers are credentialed, and select the grade level curriculum which is based on CA STATE STANDARDS (not Common Core). Although the curriculum is riguous, my children are learning, engaged, and very happy! We are thankful for this school and plan to remain at VMS for many years. If you are a parent looking for an exceptional school, I recommend Ventura Missionary School.

Ventura Missionary Christian 4

Posted December 28, 2013
Very good school. I have two daughters who have attended this school since preschool. The thing I like is that every teacher they have had so far truly loves them and is glad to see them. My daughters love it here. The academics are pretty rigorous but I feel they will help prepare them for their future. They have great art, Spanish, and music programs. The few things I wish would be different is that they would have a playground available for 4th graders and up, also a grassy area for kids to play on. I also think since we pay that our voices should be heard a little more. Finally, my daughters have struggled a little with making friends, I think because it is such a small atmosphere with some exclusive parents.

Posted September 04, 2013
We're new to VMS and so far we can't say anything but we noticed that our daughter is happy and eager to go to school every morning. She's willing to be challenge and enjoing her new school. We also like that the teacher give specifics to make it easier for the kids (and for the parents too) to do their homework. The teacher is teaching the kids how to be independent and always try their best to do their school/home work. We like that they offered extra curriculum to the students to make it fun for their learning. We're looking forward for more years in VMS and thank you for welcoming our daughter.

Posted June 09, 2013
There is nothing but positive things I can say about this school. It's so refreshing after being in the public school system with oversides classrooms and low standards for years. The programs here are amazing which include art, spanish, computers, music, etc. The teachers are very caring and if your child is behind they will spend the special attention needed to get your child caught up. Coming from public school we were a little behind. Even though my kids were in GATE and got straight A's in public school we were still behind. This school is very academic and they really hold each child to very high standards. Mrs. Baker also is one of the best leaders I have ever met. This is certainly her calling! We couldn't be happier!

Posted March 03, 2011
There is not a single thing I dont like about this school. My daughter is doing so well & I have the teachers to thank for it. THey are caring & spend a great amount of time with each student. When there is an issue of any sort thye make sure that you are aware of it right aware. THey kids are all kind & friendly with not a worry of a bully. THe office staff makes sure they get your name & try to remember you to call you by name when they see you next. 2 thumbs up all around!

Ventura Missionary Christian
500 High Point Drive, Ventura, CA  93003
Last modified Ventura Missionary Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Ventura Missionary Christian Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top