Public charter
Victorville, CA

Posted December 10, 2013
One of the best decisions I've made as a parent is enrolling my child at Mountain View Montessori! He is learning and thriving in a caring and supportive atmosphere here! His teacher and assistant are dedicated and kind professionals. Support staff is excellent, and all teachers and assistants seem like exceptional educators. The principal is visible and approachable too! Any interactions I've had at the school - whether it be teachers, staff, students or other parents have all been positive. It is a nurturing place for your children to learn and grow. Any issues that your child might have will be addressed in a helpful way. It is a charter school, so parents need to volunteer time, or help with classroom/snack supplies. Even if you are a working parent, they will work with your schedule or budget so that it works out for your family. Communication here is great and easy! Drop off (either walk in, or carpool) is easy, and there are always 1-2 assistants to make sure your child is safely on campus. Pick up in the carpool lane can be a drag due to neighboring school and people not following the rules, but the professionals at MVM make it work. So happy we found MVM!

Posted December 02, 2011
My children attend Mountain View Montessori and I can not say enough great things about it! The small community gives you the feeling that you and your children are important to the school. The teachers and staff are always available to talk to if you have a question. The teachers go out of their way to get to know each child as an individual. The class sizes are small, and there is a teacher and an assistant in each class. It absolutely amazes me how well my children have thrived here. The hands-on teaching method of the Montessori way of instruction allows students to use all of their senses to learn. I love this school and so do my children. I think it is the best Elementary school in the area.

Posted April 18, 2011
I have two children who attend Mountain View and I have nothing but praise for this school. The teachers here actually care and have to ability to get to know your child's strengths and weaknesses. They give of themselves and really want your child to succeed. There is even before school tutoring for those students that need a little extra help. My kids are learning to take responsibility for their education and aren't just being spoon fed information! They are learning how to think! Keep up the good work Mountain View!

Posted February 27, 2011
I would disagree with the person who posted the prior post in Feb 2011. First of all I have 3 children at this school in grades k, 4th, and 5th. The teachers and the staff keep in contact with the parents. The teachers constantly update you on how your children are doing. Not to mention that you can always get in contact with your childs teacher. The teachers challenge the students and they will provide your child with more work if they feel they are way ahead than others. Also if your child needs assistance they have tutoring. The only thing that I would say the school needs is more activities, and award ceremonies. But all the the teachers that my children have had have their bachelor degrees and master degrees.

Mountain View Montessori Charter School 1

Posted February 23, 2011
Enrolling my fourth grade son in Mountain View Montessori Charter School was the worse decision I could have made on my sons behalf, his grades or worse then when he was at a regular elementary, the teachers or should I say his teacher now has no real training the students learn or work at their own paste and or level (strictly independent) no formal instruction or guides, the teachers are basically there to babysit your kids while the kids teach themselves, if you want to know about how to help your child improve forget about it, they only tell you bad your child is doing and since the teachers and staff lack communication you the parent will only receive that info through email, the teachers most never have communication with parents only through email at which you can't even reply back to. I'm sorry I ever considered MVMCS as a learning institution when its nothing more than an adult school for children

Posted October 19, 2010
My son has attended this school for two years now and he loves it! I have seen a love of reading and math emerge that has me very excited. There is a teacher and an instructional aid in each classroom with approx. 20-25 kids which is unheard of in a California school these days! My son is expected to create his own goals and follow through with them daily which helps him to learn independace and responsibility as well as academics. The staff is welcoming and informative and truly care about my child.

Posted July 22, 2009
My 2 daughters attend this school. It is great for them it teaches them how to work independently. They both have brought up their grades since starting.

Posted January 10, 2009
My son attends this school, and it pushes it's students to be the very best. I feel like he is getting the best education that can be offered. And it far surpasses regular schools. The staff and teachers are far more involved and really care.

Posted August 05, 2008
My children have attended the school for 3 yrs now. After pulling my children out of Adelanto School Dist for not challenging them, I was relieved to find MVMCS! My children have progressed more than I can ever imagine! The staff is like a family. They treat you like a friend not a number. Very welcoming and informative. The teachers are wonderful. They are always in contact with me to let me know how my children are doing. They take time to get to know my children on a personal level and not only help them suceed acedemically, but also emotionally. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to other parents. I wish they had a junior high or high school that the students could continue on to :( My one month old is already on the waiting list!

Posted June 08, 2008
I am a student graduating this year and I have been here since 4th grade. I have also been to other schools, but none are as great as Mountain Veiw. They teach far more then just reading, writing, and math. They teach organization, teamwork, independance, and much more. They have so many ways of teaching their students with fun activities and have raised many kids to be very bright young adults as I have seen. The staff is always kind and volunteering. The students work together. I respect this school and love in dearly. I would suggest it to anyone! Please look into it if you are deciding on a school.

Mountain View Montessori Charter School
12900 Amethyst Road, Victorville, CA  92395
Last modified Mountain View Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Montessori Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top