Victorville, CA

Posted October 07, 2014
Moved here from west LA as we wanted to be homeowners. My son has just begun his second school year at Hollyvale, and has had huge improvement. There aren't many resources for kids that struggle, thankfully my sons teachers have made the effort to help him and tutor him on their own time I am very happy with this school - I researched and toured many schools up here and I feel I made the best choice.

Hollyvale Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
My daughter is in 4th grade. She came from a Rancho Cucamonga elementary school. The material she is given in this school is below kindergarten level. Her teacher is great, & the staff is sweet & caring. But "eat, let, cut & girl" are not spelling words appropriate for 4th grade education. This saddens & frustrates me.

Posted August 25, 2014
My son is a 6th grader with Mr. PDL- He is super excited and involved in every classroom assignment and school activity! This teacher has really motivated my son to get involved, to be successful, and has really encouraged him to be a leader in all he does! He really lifted my sons self esteem, and by that self esteem my son has increased his grade levels to all A+ I am very happy so far with this school after my son has attended 2 years.

Hollyvale Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2014
This is the 2nd year I have had my 3 kids attending Hollyvale and I am NOT impressed with their teachers. Most of the teachers seem to not enjoy their job at all and take it out in the kids. My daughter who is in Kindergarten this year had a horrible experience due to the rude teacher she had. Don't get me wrong, there are maybe a handful of teachers that are good and seem to actually like children and now I heard a lot of those teachers are leavibg the school. The proctors are grumpy and yell at the children...I've seen it myself. The office staff are friendly. The principal is ok, but doesn't seem to concerned abt the way the teachers are with the kids. Seriously, so many of the teachers don't even smile or greet the sstudents when they see them. On top of that test scores are very low. Considering changing schools next year.

Hollyvale Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2014
Not happy at all. To many clicks . I walk in and you can see it.

Posted March 02, 2014
I moved to Victorville from Glendale/Burbank, where my son attended both private and public school. Public Glendale/Burbank: He was straight A student with special awards. Glendale/Burbank Catholic private: He went straight down to C's, D's, and F's! HOLLYVALE in Victorville: With just attending 4 month, he has shinning with class work and special projects! In addition to general school studies, My sons teacher Mrs. Her ran teaches her students about accountability, responsibility and consistency! But ACCOUNTABILITY has been key for my son! He is now fixed! And doing his job.

Posted November 08, 2013
Hollyvale elementary school is a really good school I love that school. The Best class is Mr.Ponce De Le n's 6th grade class room 207. Hollyvale is the Best school ever.

Posted April 27, 2013
My grandson attended kindergarten at Hollyvale, the beginning of this school year. He loved the school and his teacher. He looked forward to each school day. Unfortunately, he moved. He now attends a school with an API of 900, in the Bay Area of northern California. My grandson is unhappy at this school, his mother is as well. His academics and behavior are not an issue, he is praised in those areas. Hollyvale was a warm, caring and loving place for him. He does not get that at his new school.

Hollyvale Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2013
I have 2 children that are attending this school and I am very disappointed. My children previously attended a charter school in Los Angeles where they were consistently being challenged with work that was above grade level. The standards at Hollyvale are so far below my expectations and my children's capabilities that I fear they will become lazy and uninterested in learning. I spoke with one of the teachers and she explained that there are so many restrictions being placed on them by the board that it has become difficult to properly teach. Unfortunately, this is more than likely what is negatively impacting their test scores.

Posted October 01, 2012
My daughter is attending hollyvale, she is a first grader this year. Her teacher is excellent, always challenging her academically.

Hollyvale Elementary School
11645 Hollyvale Avenue, Victorville, CA  92392
Last modified Hollyvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollyvale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top