Green Tree East Elementary School

Public | K-6 | 629 students

Posted June 3, 2013

This school deserve no stars. My son went to this school for a couple of months. He was bullied and beat up on the bus. The teacher he had was nice at first ans then became a dictator. My son was struggling and they just kept calling him a discipline problem. I only talked on the phone with the principal because she was too busy to speak in person. She told me I needed to teach my son how to play better with children. Well instead of referring my son to the school psychologist she brushed us off and told me to put my son some where else. I thankfully did that and found out my son needed rsp and has learning disabilities. Don't ever go to this school they do not care about there students. Staff was always rude and principal has no time to speak to its parents.

Posted August 1, 2012

I thought of this school one because it is so close, and two I knew other students that have gone there. I thought it would be a great opportunity for my 5 year old son. IT WAS NOT! He was placed in a kindergarten class with a teacher that I absoloutely loved, then because of over crowding, he was placed in a combination class. Everything went from ok, to bad!I attempted to speak with the principal and just inquire how my son's education would change if any, and she let me know that because he was ahead of the curve he would do fine in a combo class. He did fine, but he was doing no kindergarten work, it was all first grade work. The principal rushed the conversation, and she took no time to actually speak to me. My son had homework every day which I loved, his teacher communicated as best she could. He had fun in the class sometimes, but he also told me that his teacher would yell at times. I get frustration but does my child really need to hear frustrated yelling from his teacher daily? I don't think so! At the end of the day I would quit my job before I would send my son back to that school. The principal was awful and un-reachable. You had to go through hoops to speak to her.

Posted July 17, 2012

My child went for 1st grade in this school(2011-2012). He had a wounderfull teacher named Mrs. Palacios a great teacher. The staff there is so nice and understanding. The pricipal Mrs. Benites will fix any problems you have. I loved this school. I would recomended.

Posted June 30, 2012

I've been to this school since I was in kindergarten. In second grade I asked my mom if I could go to a different school cause I wanted to try another school, being perfectly happy. I immediately begged my mom to go back to Green Tree and of course she said yes. In 5th grade my mom told me I would be going to Sitting Bull and I hated it so again I begged my mom to go back to Green Tree for 6th grade and she said okay. My last year at Green Tree was one I'll NEVER forget! The teachers are super funny and caring. The staff is nice to everyone and the principal will help you with all your problems. They not only helped me grow with my academics, but also as a person so I'll be prepared for middle school. Thank you Green Tree teachers and staff!

Posted October 6, 2008

My four children have attended this school. I entered them into an academy last year and they were not happy at all. I have nothing but good to say about this school. The teachers are willing to go overboard in helping the children. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else. Great job guys !! God Bless you and thank you for your patience with my children.

Posted July 31, 2008

I love this school, my daughter is getting good grades and she's been here since first grade. I have never had a problem with their teaching. The teachers are always very nice to us. I would recommend this school. Parents need to get more involve to actually see how the school works. My daughter loves it!! two thumbs up....

Posted July 12, 2007

They did not have back to school night, they rather have you come to the school during the week to have a 5 minute visit with the teacher. Most teachers seem to be good, although I feel that my son excelled on his own. There is little to no home work, and low expectations of the children at this school! They also have a PTA that seemed to struggle to get anyone involved. I am taking my son to Lomitas.

Posted June 23, 2007

Excellent school with hard working dedicated teachers who have helped my child progress from below grade level to proficient levels. Thank you!

Posted January 26, 2007

Hats off to the staff at Green Tree East. In my opinion, the office staff as well as the teachers is honestly dedicated to the children and families they serve. The teachers are very focused on empowering students' academic growth. The staff is courteous and professional.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 17, 2006

Green Tree is working hard to meet the NCLB goals. The staff works collaboratively and they get the parents informed.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted February 5, 2006

This school was incredibly bad! I have had my children there for a couple of months and noticed so many problem areas. The administrators, office staff, and teachers are not as freindly or inviting as most schools. There is a lot of unprofessionalism among all staff. The administrator who was in to help with the parent group became a dictator who put her needs and wants ahead of the students. I cannot warn people enough to stay far away from this school. I am leaving the district just to get away from these people. The teachers are not doing there job properly either. You have to worry if your children will be doing as well at another school once they have been taught so poorly here.

Posted February 27, 2005

This school has great teachers! The problem lies with the administrators. This is obvious by the constant turnover in principals. A school will never achieve if the leaders as well as some of the staff refer to their students in demeaning and derogatory terms. #1 In an effort to save money, students are often denied extra support and services that they need. #2 School scores and status will never change significantly until its leader(s) align themselves with their district goals. #3 Many socially-disadvantaged schools achieve success because the leaders believe in their students. The current princpal doesn't. I would never send my children here.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted June 27, 2004

I am very disappointed in the Victor Elementary School District. Our children do not have any liberal arts in their curriculum. No art, pe, science, or music. Apparently it is implemented in their basic curriculum. The schools also have the privilege of making their own schedules, not district wide; so this school has opted to have minimum days every friday without the input of the parents for the upcoming school year. I would love to see the class room size dropped down to maximum of 20 students. Currently there are 30-40 students per class. Esl for preschool and kindergarden is also a big problem. The students should be separated for instruction. It is a shame that the ca public school system does not hold candle to dod school systems. I feel my children are being cheated out of a good education having come to california.

Posted December 5, 2003

My child attended this school for almost a whole year. My child hated it and I kept telling my self it was just because it was a new school and my child will soon learn to love it. I was wrong, I ended up disliking the school as well. I like a school that has good leadership and this one was obviously not one of them. Teachers seemed overwhelmed or just not caring enough. The teacher which my child had seemed unable to handle all the students in the classroom, 'too many disciplinary problems the teacher had told me'. My childs teacher was sending tons of homework each night, making my child spend four and five hours each night completing them. Many times my child missed soccer practice or just being a kid. I felt like I was doing the teaching here at home while the teacher was just making the copies for the students to take home for the parents to teach the material at home. After months of this I gave up on this school and took my child else where where we are both very happy with the school, staff, and all the parents that love going there to help assist the staff in every way possible. I can see a big difference in the faces of the people that work at this school compared to the faces of the teachers at Green Tree East. I hope someone is able to take the lead and overturn this school for the better, because from the outside it looks like a beautiful school till you step in through the doors! I must add that I did witness some staff that are there because they truly enjoy the children and want to make a difference, too bad there were so few, and that I never learned their names!

This school's

(2012)

1 / 10

7 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school did not meet its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

1 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

7 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

71 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students31%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Brenda Davison
Fax number
  • (760) 955-7550

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Computer lab