Public charter
Victorville, CA

Sixth Street Prep School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
It is unfortunate the direction in which this school is going. I have been a parent for many years and I recently pulled my children out. Although they have the highest scores for now, they are headed the wrong direction. Scores are down!!! I do not blame the teachers, as they are fabulous. I do, however, place blame on the leadership. To be plain, she should not be a principal. I have seen how she treats others and I have also been attacked. Shame on her! I do not feel that my children are safe in that kind of environment. Again, teachers - top notch! Leadership - if I could give a grade, you would receive an F!

Posted August 04, 2014
my child goes to this school and even if we move far from the school, she will still go to SIX STREET PREP that's how good this school is #1 in the disctrics

Posted May 16, 2014
I approached the principal with safety concerns and it was ignored, she was more concerned with what she thought and felt and didn't consider my point, and eventually rambled on with something completely different. I will not go to details here but those who know where this school is located will understand.

Sixth Street Prep School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
Our son just started kinder at this school I have always been home with him teaching him his numbers letters shapes n colors getting him prepared for kinder. Every day I pick him up he is so excited to tell me all the new things he is learning or about the great books they get read to its absolutely amazing to have such a great staff there.when I drop him off I know he is in great hands.he actually went to school n had a bad upset tummy n threw up in class his teachers n office staff was so great with him helping him while i could not be there. When he returned the next day the office lady even took time out to ask him how he was feeling as a mom an with him being my oldest n first to attend school those kind of actions is what makes this school so great. Definitely worth the 25 min drove (one way) for my kids to attend.

Posted August 30, 2013
For 10 years my children have attended Sixth Street and yes there have been changes and yes the test score dropped 8 points, but it is still the best school in Victorville. I was a very involved parent volunteer and was extremely impressed with everyone on the staff. If I ever needed to communicate with a teacher or the principal I had no problem.

Sixth Street Prep School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
Small setting, no bullying great teachers. As for test scores, yes, they have gone down, but the school is still is #1 in the district, even with scores that have fallen. They are still way above the "standard" of 800. Your child will get a good education period. P.S stay away from the negative parents, they are the ones who bring the school down.

Posted August 02, 2013
This school's API has dropped three years straight. The principal is horrible. I pulled my child out this year.

Posted May 23, 2013
!!WARNING DOD NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL!! The Principal should be FIRED!!! She had no business being and educator let alone a principal of a school. She has ruined the school for what the former principal has build up. The former principal built up it's API scores and now it seems it was done all in vein because since this new principal has taken over the API scores have dropped every year since she has been there. LIKE I SAID BEFORE DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL IT'S THE WORST NOW!! I ONCE HAD PRIDE IN THIS SCHOOL BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE ANYMORE!

Posted November 28, 2012
Sixth st Prep is small school with a good API. Since the school is so small changes are very noticeable, including the lower API scores obtained since the current principal came on board. The new principal, NOT SO NEW. THE LEARNING CURVE ENDED, This is her third year on the job(equal to three years with declining scores), and is time that she is held accountable for her mishaps. As a parent I know that I cannot talk to her about my student, concerns, or questions. There is no minimum wait time for calls or appointments because she will not return calls or reply to emails unless you are complementing her or threat to go to the school district. The office staff is cold and don't make you feel welcome. I would recommend this school to any parent who is seeking excellent teachers. I would NOT recommend Sixth St. Prep for its CURRENT UNSATISFACTORY LEADERSHIP.

Posted November 13, 2012
Sixth Street Prep is one of the best schools in the district. The new principal is awesome! She is very approachable and has an open door policy. As a parent, I know that I can talk to her about my student and any concerns or questions that I may have, she is happy to address. I have had experiences with other schools, where the principal is not available and have to wait a minimum of 24 hours before I get a call back. That is not the case here. The teachers are excellent and the new leadership is top notch. It is truly a pleasure to have my children attend this school. The office staff is warm and friendly and make you feel welcome. I would highly recommend Sixth Street Prep to any parent who is seeking an excellent all around school . Great principal, great teachers, great staff.

Sixth Street Prep School
15476 Sixth Street, Victorville, CA  92392
Last modified Sixth Street Prep School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sixth Street Prep School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top