Public charter
Victorville, CA

Sixth Street Prep School 3

Posted February 05, 2015
I feel this school has gone down hill since the change in principle Linda R. Has no business running a school. Her office staff is cold and very rude . She has no interest in parents concerns or issues . The teachers are great its just her. My son is currently being singles out on the playground because he cant / has no interest in learning how to use a particular playground toy. He has been forced to use the one thing he has no interest in all week by himself . It has nothing to do with classroom learning ! I feel if a child doesn't want to learn how to let's say ride a bike he shouldn't be forced to do so everyday while the rest of the class has free play . Not every child has the same intrest , its horrible so now I have to approach this horrible Principle and see what excuse she uses now, because she always has one . I'm so frustrated , as a parent the teachers are wonderful and they have the best score in the high desert but I don't know how much more I can take. They have a no bullying police but doing this to my child seems like bullying to me.

Sixth Street Prep School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
It is unfortunate the direction in which this school is going. I have been a parent for many years and I recently pulled my children out. Although they have the highest scores for now, they are headed the wrong direction. Scores are down!!! I do not blame the teachers, as they are fabulous. I do, however, place blame on the leadership. To be plain, she should not be a principal. I have seen how she treats others and I have also been attacked. Shame on her! I do not feel that my children are safe in that kind of environment. Again, teachers - top notch! Leadership - if I could give a grade, you would receive an F!

Sixth Street Prep School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
I received an email from greatschools and just had to read some of the comments on here. First of all..its districts not districs. School has been a let down for a while now. Very disappointed. Its the top in the district because there are only 200 students, it better be high. Teachers are awesome wish they were at a different facility and not under this type of leadership.

Posted August 04, 2014
my child goes to this school and even if we move far from the school, she will still go to SIX STREET PREP that's how good this school is #1 in the disctrics

Sixth Street Prep School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
I approached the principal with safety concerns and it was ignored, she was more concerned with what she thought and felt and didn't consider my point, and eventually rambled on with something completely different. I will not go to details here but those who know where this school is located will understand.

Posted September 26, 2013
WEST PALMS CONSERVATORY- THIS SCHOOL HAS SUCH GREAT TEACHERS WHO HAVE MANY WAYS FOR PARENTS TO STAY EASLY INVOLVED IN THEIR CHILDREN'S LEARNING AND BEHAVIOR. IF YOU HAVE A ISSUE, THEIR RESPONSE IS VERY QUICK. THE FRONT OFFICE STAFF IS ALWAYS HELPFUL AND THEY ARE VERY KIND AND CARING. THIS SCHOOL HAS A NO TOLERENCE POLICY AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT WORKS. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!

Sixth Street Prep School 4

Posted September 09, 2013
Our son just started kinder at this school I have always been home with him teaching him his numbers letters shapes n colors getting him prepared for kinder. Every day I pick him up he is so excited to tell me all the new things he is learning or about the great books they get read to its absolutely amazing to have such a great staff there.when I drop him off I know he is in great hands.he actually went to school n had a bad upset tummy n threw up in class his teachers n office staff was so great with him helping him while i could not be there. When he returned the next day the office lady even took time out to ask him how he was feeling as a mom an with him being my oldest n first to attend school those kind of actions is what makes this school so great. Definitely worth the 25 min drove (one way) for my kids to attend.

Posted August 30, 2013
For 10 years my children have attended Sixth Street and yes there have been changes and yes the test score dropped 8 points, but it is still the best school in Victorville. I was a very involved parent volunteer and was extremely impressed with everyone on the staff. If I ever needed to communicate with a teacher or the principal I had no problem.

Sixth Street Prep School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
Small setting, no bullying great teachers. As for test scores, yes, they have gone down, but the school is still is #1 in the district, even with scores that have fallen. They are still way above the "standard" of 800. Your child will get a good education period. P.S stay away from the negative parents, they are the ones who bring the school down.

Sixth Street Prep School 1

Posted August 02, 2013
This school's API has dropped three years straight. The principal is horrible. I pulled my child out this year.

Sixth Street Prep School
15476 Sixth Street, Victorville, CA  92392
Last modified Sixth Street Prep School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sixth Street Prep School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top