Posted July 27, 2014
We love CV. Our oldest son is going to high school this year and our youngest is in 8th grade. The office staff, principal (amazing), teachers and students have been wonderful! My kids are both in honors and are challenged daily. Also, we have had great luck with teacher communication. They have learned a lot and both have a great group of friends. I will be sad when we have to leave CV - it's been a great experience.

Cerro Villa Middle School 1

Posted August 18, 2013
It is very bad my son learned the same things every year! they treated him badly and the gym teacher made fun of him for not being athletic. also he has dyslexia and the teachers were rude to him for not being smart such as saying he doesn't belong there!

Cerro Villa Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2013
Cerro Villa Principal is excellent in his communication on student and community activities. However the teachers have the worst communication between teacher and parent. They do not respond to parent emails and do not offer help to a struggling student. The Portal used to display the student grades are updated after assignments and tests are complete. As a parent and a student, this site should be used as a tool to help make sure assignments and studying are completed before they are due. The teachers are also supplied another tool to communicate homework and classwork instruction, the blackboard, an online site. This was rarely used at the beginning of the year and by the end of the first trimester occasionally used. This paralyzes parents further.

Posted February 01, 2011
Our son is now in 8th grade, & is doing fantastic! He is a second year Honor Society student, in Honors English & History, 3rd chair Trumpet in Advanced Band, playing after school football & basketball, doing a minimum of 12 hours volunteer time for Honor Society. ALL of this is due to the WONDERFUL teachers and a FANTASTIC new principal! (Thanks Dr. M) This is the best middle school in Orange!!!

Posted September 03, 2009
CVMS is the best school there is in ousd. I amcurrently a 8th grader and next year I will be going to high school yaya!!!The teachers are so nice and try to make it as fun as possible though the strict uniform policy... ughhh. Other than that i recommended that all kids come here (12-13)its safe and cool and fun!!!

Cerro Villa Middle School 0

Posted March 25, 2009
Great teachers at CV, but it is absolutely ridiculous that there are 40 students in each class! There's no way that my child is getting the best education possible when they're cramming that many kids into a classroom. Like I said, the teachers are great, but that's way too many kids in every class.

Cerro Villa Middle School 2

Posted November 15, 2008

Posted October 14, 2008
This is my daughters 2nd year at Ceroo Villa. The strict uniform policy is spelled out, and does not take a rocket scientist to follow. This is known prior to attending the school, so I do not understand why people have a problem with it. It has made mornings easier for us. The physical education program has made physical activity fun, and nutritition should be taught at home, not left up to the teacher, and or staff. My daughter is here to get an education, which I feel has been given to her in an excellent way. Not only are her Honors teachers enriching and caring, but her non-honors teachers as well. The only concern of mine is that many of the honors classes are so crowded, it would be nice to add additional honors program teachers to the staff to accomadate the students.

Posted September 18, 2008
This is my first year at CV. I luv it! Eventhough it has a strict uniform policy...i dont mind. it makes sense. You dont get disciplined right away if your shirt is untucked. The teacher just says, 'Psst. Your shirt is untucked.' to warn you. You only get disciplined if you ignore the teacher or knowingly untuck it. Last Thursday, i went to my first dance. It was wonderful! So much fun! There was not only dancing but also games, and food! I also do orchestra. It is fun too! The conductor, Mrs. Hannah is so accepting and nice. Other afterschool sports and clubs are fun too. Try them if you go to CVMS~ So..if you have a child....bring her to CV! He/she will loooove it. I cant wait 'til 8th grade too. Go Vikings!

Cerro Villa Middle School 4

Posted April 19, 2008
This school helps but its also not the best becasue us kids hate uniforms but we could deal with them for 2 years. I am an 8th grader in this school and appriciate what cvms is doing.

Cerro Villa Middle School
17852 East Serrano Avenue, Villa Park, CA  92861
Last modified Cerro Villa Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cerro Villa Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top