Villa Park, CA

Serrano Elementary School 5

Posted June 23, 2012
What a great public school! Our daughter and son are currently attending Serrano. Our oldest graduated from there. It is truly a wonderful school. The principal is a workaholic, always available and around. The teachers are highly trained and really care for their students. They constantly try different programs to better educate our kids. Serrano offers all sort of enrichment programs during school and after school to engage the students to learn and grow.

Posted October 09, 2010
Great community school with excellent teachers and administrators!

Serrano Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2010
My son attended serrano and we as his parents can say that it was a big dissapointment. Not only did we never see the principal around the campus,not good!!! But some of the teachers there are very tough on the kids.. It was just a bad experience,but thank god he's going to be starting a new school. Rated one of the top schools in M.V.

Posted March 11, 2010
This school is good academic wise, but some of the staff can be a bit 'bully-like' iwith the way they speak to the children. I 've also noticed homework has been sent home without the lesson being taught, I am a parent not a teacher I would love it if the teachers could teach it BEFORE they send it home. Not all teachers do this most are good. There are also alot of volunteers here, which is great . It's nice to see this school has a lot of parents willing to lend a hand.

Posted October 03, 2009
Because they have the best leader in the education world....Roberta Lansman

Posted August 30, 2007
My son's third grade teacher was completely inflexible about meeting my son's needs. Her behavior toward him was rigid and served to humiliate. The pricinpal was slow to respond to my requests for a meeting and when it finally did occur, she lacked the professionalism to follow up with me despite my written requests to her.

Serrano Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2006
Overall, I found Serrano to be a great learning environment for my son. He is learning a great deal and seems to love everything about the school. My only concerns with the school are the lack of physical education classes, art and music classes.

Serrano Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2006
My son has learned a great deal in his 4th grade class. I was disappointed to hear that the music program was cut dramatically. I feel the timeliness of communicationa between teacher/principal and parent(s) could be improved, specifically in terms of student recognition events and/or award ceremonies. I've missed several honor roll recognition events due to last minute notifications when the event is held during routine business hours.

Serrano Elementary School 5

Posted March 04, 2006
Serrano Elementary has provided my children with a possitive learning environment. The curiculum challanges them but the teachers are willing to tailor lessons to a childs specific needs and abilities. As a classroom volunteer, I see the kids excitement in learning. The teachers and staff at the school are all dedicated to the success of the students.

Serrano Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2005
This school has a strong emphasis on reading and writing. They offer incentives and reward programs to encourage students to further their progress in reading. Serrano also has an art masters program wherein the students study some of the work of artists such as Van Gogh and DaVinci. Serrano also has a once a week music class which the students really enjoy. Serrano isn't much for sports, but they do have a track team and encourage participation in their after-school dance and/or soccer program. As Serrano is in an affluent community, there are many stay-at-home moms that are very involved in both the classroom and PTA. There is also a Dad's club for the fathers who wish to get involved. I would highly recommend this school. Principal Barbara Rubin and 1st grade teacher Tracy Greer are excellent!

17741 Serrano Avenue, Villa Park, CA  92861
Last modified Serrano Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Serrano Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top