Villa Park, CA

Villa Park Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2014
Their are great teachers at VPE, and a few I think stink. I think the homework they send home with the kids in all grade levels is ridiculous and I think they should spend more time on core subjects then on all this ridiculous projects that have no meaning academically. They should teach math, reading, writing, history and science repetitively not jumping around teaching to whatever test they think is important to help the schools test scores. I also don't care for the detentions and demerit program, I feel this tears our children down not help them, especially when your child has learning problems and is not put into proper resources to get the help because of budget cuts. Then your child is stripped of all of the end of the year activities do to falling in the cracks and not getting the help they needed all along. The school needs to teach and not be a boot camp to our children. We are not teachers, we are parents. Keep the curriculum at school and teach it. First it's Star test, now Common Core, let's just teach common sense and normal curriculum to our children.

Posted June 03, 2014
very great school, but student of month award is not great always same students recive.

Posted May 07, 2014
This is a great, safe school with a great group of parents and teachers. This is my seventh year here and am pleased overall. The teachers and parents work well together with many parents helping out on campus each day. There is a dad's club which helps with events and also raises thousand of dollars. However, there are a few areas of concern: 1. The amount of homework is borderline ridiculous. 3-5 pages every night and even assigning homework over Spring Break - really? This starts in 1st grade. 2. The content of the curriculum is pretty bad. Now this may not be the fault of the school, but rather the district. I once brought my child's homework to his teacher and asked her to solve the math problem, to which she responded "I know! It doesn't make sense, but they make us teach it anyways." 3. Lastly, the principal is far too concerned about MONEY. She spends little time with the kids, sets rules that are a joke (dropping off and picking up) and leaves several messages every night to which 95% of them have to do with raising funds. I do however like the fact that she does make the kids dress appropriately.

Posted April 23, 2013
VPE is a great school with very involved parents and teachers. Every school has its challenges, both financial and academic, but VPE strives to get past the challenges by coming up with creative solutions. The teachers are a tight knit group that seems to enjoy working together despite differences in age, personality and experience. There are a group of parents that seem to be at every event, fundraiser, fieldtrip and classroom party, sleeves rolled up and ready to work. There are other parents who contribute financially to fundraisers and sponsorship opportunities. And then there is the other 70% of the school... Reaching out to these parents to get involved in any small way is neccesary and vital to the success of our children. This school needs many physical improvements to the buildings and grounds, but it's slowly getting there due to a diligent group of parents. Overall, VPE is a small neighborhood school with a lot of spirit and loyalty and pride. Tradition is important here. Many parents were students here, themselves. This school is a wonderful school and we are proud Bobcats!

Villa Park Elementary School 5

Posted December 01, 2012
My kids have been attending this school for 2 years now and I couldn't be more pleased. The principle, Debra Larson, is warm, friendly and accessible. The teachers are wonderful and I love that they radiate how much they enjoy what their doing and the tremendous impact they have on the kids. This school - teachers and principle - is off the charts fantastic.

Villa Park Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2012
I am not sure what principal the reviewer from 3/7/10 is talking about but the principal at Villa Park Elementary never walks the playground, never greets the kids and the only time she comes out of her office is to yell at parents through a bullhorn who pause a little too long to pick up their kids after waiting in a 300 yard long line that creates traffic hazards on Katella Ave. We have been at this school through 4 principals and this is by far the worst I have ever seen this school. So sad.

Posted March 07, 2010
Villa Park Elementary is a great school. It is a safe environment where learning is a priority. The principal is involved and is accessible to students and parents. The office staff is friendly and helpful. The teachers care about the students and do an excellent job in spite of the growing size of their class due to budget cuts. There is a lot of parent participation and the after school programs are fabulous. We love it at VPE!

Posted January 12, 2010
VIllas Park is a good school. My daughter is in the Kindergarden and her teacher is excellent. she is Mrs. Sonksen, my daughter is lucky to have her , she is subtitude for Mrs. Reagan, but she is so wonderful.

Posted November 04, 2009
VPE has great, concerned teachers, dedicated staff and supportive families!

Posted August 19, 2009
I give the school 5 stars. With the current slate of teachers, I feel my last of 3 children will receive a quality education. The school has a diverse student population and a high level of engaged parents. The environment is welcoming and my kids have all enjoyed going to school there.

Villa Park Elementary School
10551 Center Drive, Villa Park, CA  92861
Last modified Villa Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villa Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top