Villa Park, CA
Students enrolled: 2,497

Villa Park High School 3

Posted October 14, 2013
We heard good things about this school when we moved to Orange but it has not lived up to our expectations. The standards of science teaching needs to improve greatly. The teachers seems to be comfortable in their positions and are satisfied with making sure the district requirements are met but learning is a lot more than just satisfying minimum requirements. In Physics a lot of the learning was from youtube videos and video taped lectures from the teacher -- we could do that home why we need to go to school for that? In geometry, it was the 1st time for the teacher who struggled with the material himself and was quick to blame the students when they did poorly. The counselor could definitely do better than just making sure the schedule is correct -- counselors need to inspire students to strive harder and do their best to reach their potential. Just treating this job as a 8 - 4 office job that brings in a paycheck will not breed enthusiasm in students.

Posted October 08, 2013
This school is great! Staff is good but can be better and schools sports are great as well. Improvements around the school would be appreciated as it needs updating.

Posted August 22, 2013
The teachers at VP are amazing. If you reach out and show them you are partners with them in your child's education, they are there for you in any way to help your child succeed. The Principal and his staff are marvelous and supportive as well, as is the Counseling staff.

Villa Park High School 4

Posted August 09, 2013
I am extremely disappointed in the disarray of the Villa Park high school aquatic center the pool is in desperate need of refurbishing and I do not think it is up to the parents to be part of a booster club to raise all of the money. The schools generally is well known for academics and it's high standards for teachers. However the school is in great Need of serious construction and refurbishing of ceilings that are falling down, bathroom fixtures that no longer work and kids get splinters by sitting on the wooden benches

Villa Park High School 3

Posted November 15, 2012
I went to Villa Park for my freshman year of high school and about a month for my sophomore year before I transferred to another school. My experience there was not that good, but not that bad. I had french my freshman year and the teacher was really nice. But she wouldnt really teach us anything. We would always copy down stuff that she wrote on the board but she wouldn't explain. The counselor there wasn't that much help compared to the counselor I have now. I really don't think the students are that friendly. You pretty much hang out with the people your own race.

Posted January 15, 2012
GREAT SCHOOL!! My son is a freshman on the football team...that just won League, & in the band...that ranks at the top in the State! Go Spartans!

Villa Park High School 4

Posted December 17, 2010
I am currently a student in Villa Park. I have Tourette Syndrome. I find Villa Park a great school. The kids are nice. The teachers are great (I have all honors classes). The only problem I have is the special needs program. The advocates are great, but the counselors quite frankly, only work to get their pay, are lazy, and don't care at all about any of their students. You have to have an IEP and get assigned to an advocate to get any help from the school. If the counselors actually did their job this school would get an easy five stars.

Villa Park High School 1

Posted October 19, 2010
Villa Park does not have the best environment that's suited for learning. From experience, the students here are not friendly nor do they get along with other students easily.

Villa Park High School 1

Posted June 12, 2010
VPHS has some serious problems when it comes to teachers. Mainly, the French program is horrible due to an incompetent and lazy instructor who seems not to care at all whether the students learn or not. Many of the teachers are disorganized and lack true professional and vocational qualities. Most of the teachers seem to teach only for the money - they do not seem motivated at all. There is very little parent involvement. The principle seems to try hard to please everyone but ultimately there is very little action from his part. The only good thing about it is the HONORS Science department.

Villa Park High School 2

Posted June 09, 2010
I attended Villa Park High School and i have to say that it was a truly bad experience for me. I took many classes, such as AP, Honors, etc. and one thing all the teachers have in common is laziness and just horrid teaching skills. Probably 3/4th of the teachers should be fired. The teachers i have had throughout my years did not at all care for their students but care about getting the day over with. Most teachers just put movies as their lessons; while some didn't even know how to orally teach the class without reading from the book directly. In addition, they gave too much homework its ridiculous, especially in AP classes. The students weren't too bad, it was just the environment inside the classroom and the horrid teachers. VPHS should really start evaluating its teachers more frequently and randomly, to see the real truth.

Villa Park High School
18042 Taft Avenue, Villa Park, CA  92861
Last modified Villa Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villa Park High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top