Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

It depends on what teacher your talking about I have a top 5 but the rest are horrible and act like they hate thier jobs

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is just fine at this school it's as normal as any other school that you would ever go to

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The people here have no respect for anything or anyone there living in thier own little worlds and only think of what's good for them the only person who ik really cared about me is my coucelor mr.pham and my clique of 4 friends love them

We heard good things about this school when we moved to Orange but it has not lived up to our expectations. The standards of science teaching needs to improve greatly. The teachers seems to be comfortable in their positions and are satisfied with making sure the district requirements are met but learning is a lot more than just satisfying minimum requirements. In Physics a lot of the learning was from youtube videos and video taped lectures from the teacher -- we could do that home why we need to go to school for that? In geometry, it was the 1st time for the teacher who struggled with the material himself and was quick to blame the students when they did poorly. The counselor could definitely do better than just making sure the schedule is correct -- counselors need to inspire students to strive harder and do their best to reach their potential. Just treating this job as a 8 - 4 office job that brings in a paycheck will not breed enthusiasm in students.

This school is great! Staff is good but can be better and schools sports are great as well. Improvements around the school would be appreciated as it needs updating.

The teachers at VP are amazing. If you reach out and show them you are partners with them in your child's education, they are there for you in any way to help your child succeed. The Principal and his staff are marvelous and supportive as well, as is the Counseling staff.

I am extremely disappointed in the disarray of the Villa Park high school aquatic center the pool is in desperate need of refurbishing and I do not think it is up to the parents to be part of a booster club to raise all of the money. The schools generally is well known for academics and it's high standards for teachers. However the school is in great Need of serious construction and refurbishing of ceilings that are falling down, bathroom fixtures that no longer work and kids get splinters by sitting on the wooden benches

I went to Villa Park for my freshman year of high school and about a month for my sophomore year before I transferred to another school. My experience there was not that good, but not that bad. I had french my freshman year and the teacher was really nice. But she wouldnt really teach us anything. We would always copy down stuff that she wrote on the board but she wouldn't explain. The counselor there wasn't that much help compared to the counselor I have now. I really don't think the students are that friendly. You pretty much hang out with the people your own race.

GREAT SCHOOL!! My son is a freshman on the football team...that just won League, & in the band...that ranks at the top in the State! Go Spartans!

I am currently a student in Villa Park. I have Tourette Syndrome. I find Villa Park a great school. The kids are nice. The teachers are great (I have all honors classes). The only problem I have is the special needs program. The advocates are great, but the counselors quite frankly, only work to get their pay, are lazy, and don't care at all about any of their students. You have to have an IEP and get assigned to an advocate to get any help from the school. If the counselors actually did their job this school would get an easy five stars.

Last modified Villa Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.