Visalia, CA
Students enrolled: 1,623

Mt. Whitney High School 4

Posted July 21, 2013
As a student, I was satisfied. They're a openly creative school and offer a lot of artistic options, and their athletic program is great to be in too. One of the problems is the bullying. They recently put up a anti-bullying program that doesn't really work at all. Students don't take it seriously and, as a bully victim myself, nobody helped me. Also if you're involved in one or more after school activities, their scheduling conflicts with whatever you have and you would be forced to get kicked out of whatever club/sport you joined. Overall, I liked the some of the teachers and there are a lot of opportunities to get involved, but you would have to make sacrifices and pull your own weight in the school. I'm just saying this from a student's perspective.

Posted June 20, 2013
Mt. Whitney is a great school for my son to attend. The school has a positive culture and teachers are very friendly. Staff at the attendance office are very nice and are always willing to help me out everytime I go there. The discipline that my child has received from Mt. Whitney has been very fair and always based on VUSD expectations. If you are moving to Visalia, I encourage your child to attend Mt. Whitney, Home of the Pioneers. It has been a great school for over 50 years.

Mt. Whitney High School 3

Posted May 19, 2013
I attended Mount Whitney (1978 Grad). When I graduated from MW, it was the kind of High School parents from anywhere in the country would hope their children could attend. My son now attends, and thanks to the changing demographic over the past 30+ years, has become a 3rd world reflection of what it once was, with a learning envornment to match. I had a chance to transfer w/ my job to Pleasanton, CA last year, but thought it would be nice for my son to attend my old alma mater - boy don't I wish I had that opportunity again.

Posted August 02, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009
I'm very pleased and happy with mount whitney high school. It is a great school and has helped my daughter be involeved in the school and the activeties. My son just last year graduated from mount whitney and i loved all those four years of wonderful expierences. This is a great school and has been voted as a 2009 californian distingushid school! i'm very happy and wish them the best and all round it.

Posted September 04, 2008
My daughter attends this school and we are very happy with the teachers the administration and the students! I wouldn't want her to go anywhere else!

Posted April 02, 2008

Posted March 12, 2008

Posted December 29, 2007

Posted December 09, 2006

Mt. Whitney High School
900 South Conyer Street, Visalia, CA  93277
Last modified Mt. Whitney High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Whitney High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top