Bad
Good

California Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2013
2/21/13 I went waited for my son(autistic) and the teacher and helpers didn't know where he was. They brought me his backpack and searched for him, then finaling walking( not running with concern) to the playground to find him there. I waited ten minutes but adding the time he wasn't in class. I've contacted the principal and district in anger and disappointment that this would happen in a special needs school.

Posted August 14, 2012
Hands down the best preschool ever! The teachers are AMAZING!! I was a little skeptical of the neighborhood and parking is hard to come by, but once your in, Cal Ave is the BEST!!! We were blessed to have found this school for our two older kids and our youngest will be starting this year =)

Posted August 19, 2009
The BEST staff and programs I could possibly imagine for my preschooler. I am always amazed at the knowledge and experience of the special ed staff. The office staff are always friendly and helpful!

Posted June 09, 2009
Love this school. The teachers care so much for my son. They really are wonderful!!

Posted February 24, 2009
My son loves this school and so do I. The teachers are wonderful and only wished my daughter could go here as well!

California Avenue Elementary School

Posted February 10, 2009
This is a wonderful school for preschool/ Kindergarten children! It is without a doubt the best kept secret in North County. This school is designed to serve children with various special needs, but integrates typical (or non disabled) children with the children who have special needs. The teachers, including the assistants, are highly trained to work with children and it shows. This has been a great 1st school experience for my 3 year old. I drive 13 miles from Oceanside, 3x a week so my daughter can attend this program. If you have a preschooler in the North County San Diego Area, check it out! Excellent leadership. Thanks Cal Ave!

Posted February 04, 2009
I love the staff at Califonia Ave. My son attended Pre-school as well as Kindergarten and has shown so much improvement....I hate to see him leave for 1st grade

Posted June 11, 2008
What a positive and well balanced learning environment for my son. He has progressed so much in the past 2 years at Calif. Ave School. We are so impressed with the teachers and staff!

Posted June 19, 2007
What a great place for my kids to attend school. The staff was just great. They had alot of fun stuff going on all the time. The PE program was the best. I can't wait until August so my child can return. I highly recommend this school

Posted November 07, 2005
This school integrates typical children with special needs children. As a parent of a typical child, I highly recommend this preschool due to the fact that the staff is so caring, attentive and knowledgable. Within the first month, my son was counting to 30, knew all his colors & shapes and had incredible language. Where else can you send your child to preschool and use a swimming pool? My child made friends with kids his own age that were in wheelchairs and he fed the helper dog carrots. He has become so sociable with other children due to this school and its incredible staff. Although the school may look a little worn down, they are the best little secret in town. Do not judge a book by its cover because you could miss out on an amazing school for your child. From one mom to another, check this school out.

California Avenue Elementary School
215 West California Avenue, Vista, CA  92083-3622
Last modified California Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8
California Avenue Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top