Posted December 18, 2012
Foothill Oak has changed dramatically in the last year. The new leadership is wonderful and has worked very hard transforming our school into a welcoming, wonderful place for children and their families. The office staff is now friendly and helpful. The teachers feel respected and apreciated and the students are getting to enjoy more subjects than just English Language Arts and Math. The community is welcome and many activities and events have been planned throughout the school year to get parents involved. Foothill Oak is really turning around and becoming a place every student and family would want to be!

Posted December 17, 2012
I am so proud of what our school has become this year. Under the fantastic leadership of our new principal, the culture and overall atmosphere of the school has dramatically improved! Parents are once again welcomed and encouraged to be involved with their child's education. The focus is back on the child. The individual needs of children are being met by recognizing their different learning styles. Many of Foothill Oak s teachers work very late hours developing plans for the students. The hard work of the staff is acknowledged.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2012
School climate is family friendly at Footill! The new school leadership brings a sense of unity- everyone working together with compassion toward goals of excellence for all. I rove from school to school in my job and have seen the staff in the office become more respectful helpful, and caring to students and parents. Excellent teachers share their love of learning.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 4

Posted December 02, 2012
I am the proud literacy coach at Foothill Oak. This is my 2nd year at this site, and I have to say I have never before seen such a positive staff and such hard working teachers! Everyone goes way above and beyond the call of duty to make sure all families are welcome and feel safe and cared for. We have some great programs for families, after school tutoring for students that need extra help, and an awesome afterschool program with the Boys and Girls Club. Our new principal is working hard every day to involve the whole community in making Foothill an exxceptional and beautiful learning environment. Our focus this year is on assuring all students are literate and productive members of our community and are ready for the challenges of college and career readiness! We are moving forward to be on the edge of innovation as we progress toward implementing a 21st century learning environment for all our students. Our staff has high expectations for all and are willing to do what is needed for our students and families. Come check us out!

Posted November 14, 2012
Foothill oak is turning around, This year with new leadership the school is more positive and upbeat. the staff goes above and beyond to help every student. with new programs and extra curricular activities foothill oak is on its way to become a california distingushed school.

Posted November 13, 2012
I am a founding staff member of Foothill Oak Elementary and have taught in Vista Unified School District since 1995, 10 years of that time at Lake Elementary. I am so excited this year to see our wonderful school revitalized with dynamic, child and family focused leadership and a terrific teaching staff. The welcoming environment to the community helps foster involvement of our families in their children's education and the positive support of our teachers encourages new ideas, new programs and hard work. A few of our new programs include Saturday tutoring, art and homework tutoring through the Boys and Girl's Club, Love on a Leash reading to dogs, state pre-school, transition kindergarten class, school beautification Saturdays, running club before school, a student reading lounge for before and after school, and a school-wide pen-pal and science program with scientists in the Amazon rain forest, just to name a few.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
I would like to say... that this school has some great teachers! But, the staff in the from office are really, really, RUDE! They need to hire different secretaries. They treat the kids with no respect. They also chose NOT to help us the parents when we have questions. I've had a hard time with them. The school also put my son in ELD classes (my son speaks NO SPANISH!!!) just because of his last name. I heard they do this on purpose to get better testing scores!!! Either way this school is by far the worse schools in Vista Unified District! I give it a -0 out of 10!

Foothill Oak Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2012
What is happening at this school? Long time teachers are leaving mid-year to go to other schools in the district. The principal seems to replace them with brand new inexperienced teachers- which is not what this school needs. Our students deserve the best, most skilled teachers who have proven themselves. The principal seems to have driven away the strongest and best teachers over the last several years. Could this be the reason the test scores are dropping?

Foothill Oak Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
The teachers that I have dealt with have been wonderful over the years at Foothill. But almost all of the other staff at Foothill is extremely rude and definitely not trained to interact with adults or kids. They would be better off herding cattle. It seems to me that the budget cuts are hurting the staff and teachers so much that it affects how they feel and act. The over all vibe at the school is depressing and frustrating. The kids feel it and respond to it. I thought school was suppose to be fun and for the kids. A lot of the kids just seem sad and going threw the motions there is no excitement in their eyes. This school is about test scores, politics, drama, and being prejudice if you re not Hispanic. Then the kids might fit into the program. Thank god there are some teachers that still have the heart to make a difference in a child.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2011
This school is HORRIBLE! The staff is really rude to the parents and Ive witness they are very mean and rude the the kids that attend this school!!! The principal has tried to kick my son out twice! I have no choice but to keep my son in this school because his daycare is right around the corner. The test scores are low. Parents... if you are considering this school, please choose something else! I would not recomend this school!!! You would not believe what goes on! Its too much to type. But the things I see and what my son tells me. I just wish I would quit my job just so I can take my son to a different school. By the way, the staff in the office are really, really, rude too.

Foothill Oak Elementary School
1370 Oak Drive, Vista, CA  92084
Last modified Foothill Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill Oak Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top