Foothill Oak Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2015
I do not feel welcome at this school. When my children have been picked on by another student the other student has no consequences. Most of the day is spent on 2 subjects.

Foothill Oak Elementary School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 25, 2015

Posted December 18, 2012
Foothill Oak has changed dramatically in the last year. The new leadership is wonderful and has worked very hard transforming our school into a welcoming, wonderful place for children and their families. The office staff is now friendly and helpful. The teachers feel respected and apreciated and the students are getting to enjoy more subjects than just English Language Arts and Math. The community is welcome and many activities and events have been planned throughout the school year to get parents involved. Foothill Oak is really turning around and becoming a place every student and family would want to be!

Posted December 17, 2012
I am so proud of what our school has become this year. Under the fantastic leadership of our new principal, the culture and overall atmosphere of the school has dramatically improved! Parents are once again welcomed and encouraged to be involved with their child's education. The focus is back on the child. The individual needs of children are being met by recognizing their different learning styles. Many of Foothill Oak s teachers work very late hours developing plans for the students. The hard work of the staff is acknowledged.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2012
School climate is family friendly at Footill! The new school leadership brings a sense of unity- everyone working together with compassion toward goals of excellence for all. I rove from school to school in my job and have seen the staff in the office become more respectful helpful, and caring to students and parents. Excellent teachers share their love of learning.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 4

Posted December 02, 2012
I am the proud literacy coach at Foothill Oak. This is my 2nd year at this site, and I have to say I have never before seen such a positive staff and such hard working teachers! Everyone goes way above and beyond the call of duty to make sure all families are welcome and feel safe and cared for. We have some great programs for families, after school tutoring for students that need extra help, and an awesome afterschool program with the Boys and Girls Club. Our new principal is working hard every day to involve the whole community in making Foothill an exxceptional and beautiful learning environment. Our focus this year is on assuring all students are literate and productive members of our community and are ready for the challenges of college and career readiness! We are moving forward to be on the edge of innovation as we progress toward implementing a 21st century learning environment for all our students. Our staff has high expectations for all and are willing to do what is needed for our students and families. Come check us out!

Posted November 14, 2012
Foothill oak is turning around, This year with new leadership the school is more positive and upbeat. the staff goes above and beyond to help every student. with new programs and extra curricular activities foothill oak is on its way to become a california distingushed school.

Posted November 13, 2012
I am a founding staff member of Foothill Oak Elementary and have taught in Vista Unified School District since 1995, 10 years of that time at Lake Elementary. I am so excited this year to see our wonderful school revitalized with dynamic, child and family focused leadership and a terrific teaching staff. The welcoming environment to the community helps foster involvement of our families in their children's education and the positive support of our teachers encourages new ideas, new programs and hard work. A few of our new programs include Saturday tutoring, art and homework tutoring through the Boys and Girl's Club, Love on a Leash reading to dogs, state pre-school, transition kindergarten class, school beautification Saturdays, running club before school, a student reading lounge for before and after school, and a school-wide pen-pal and science program with scientists in the Amazon rain forest, just to name a few.

Foothill Oak Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
I would like to say... that this school has some great teachers! But, the staff in the from office are really, really, RUDE! They need to hire different secretaries. They treat the kids with no respect. They also chose NOT to help us the parents when we have questions. I've had a hard time with them. The school also put my son in ELD classes (my son speaks NO SPANISH!!!) just because of his last name. I heard they do this on purpose to get better testing scores!!! Either way this school is by far the worse schools in Vista Unified District! I give it a -0 out of 10!

Foothill Oak Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2012
What is happening at this school? Long time teachers are leaving mid-year to go to other schools in the district. The principal seems to replace them with brand new inexperienced teachers- which is not what this school needs. Our students deserve the best, most skilled teachers who have proven themselves. The principal seems to have driven away the strongest and best teachers over the last several years. Could this be the reason the test scores are dropping?

Foothill Oak Elementary School
1370 Oak Drive, Vista, CA  92084
Last modified Foothill Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothill Oak Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top