Vista, CA
Before care: Yes

Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math 1

Posted October 09, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school for the last three months and I find the school to lack direction, teachers fail to follow school board direction in regards to homework assignments, and the amount of work placed on these kids to be staggering and absolutely unnecessary. I ask teachers at least twice weekly for information about class, homework, and receive no response. My daughter is working 60+ hours per week to just keep up with the homework load. The principal is new and tremendously overwhelmed. Throw new "common core" and this school is now the land of chaos. If you want your children to burn out, hate school, and change from loving kids to bleary eyed, over worked terrors, then by all means send them to VMMS.

Posted August 29, 2014
Wonderful school, teachers are there for your child and willing to help your child succeed.

Posted April 28, 2014
Being a former student, I LOVED this school! It's been such a great help, the material in each subject are at a standard high school level. The programs they gave us to do our projects are much more better to use while giving presentations. As well as the teachers, they do an excellent job at helping the students to keep up the best they can as well as teach them in the best methods. Wish all schools had the wonderful staff that VMMS has. Not to mention the way how this all helps you later, having some background knowledge does really help you, especially in high school. For me, VMMS was the best choice that both my parents and I have made. Their clubs are also a great way to distract yourself from school. Not to mention the way they help prepare you at a high school level with methods to complete things such as homework, projects, notes and so much more. I just loved going there and I hope it stays that way for the future students that will have an amazing and outgoing set of 3 years. Also, having some other things that most schools don't have, VMMS is truly a school to must go when you have a chance. I actually wishing as still in 8th grade. Wish you luck VMMS!

Posted December 24, 2012
Well, I'm a 6th grader in VMMS and it has been great!!!The environment is friendly and the teachers are really helpful! There are many clubs in this school such as math,engineering,art,yearbook and more!My teachers help me a lot!Like last time I was in a conflict with another student and our vice principal helped us solve it in a civilized way.Well I have many friends and good grades!I wish this review helps you choose a middle school wisely!;)

Posted April 26, 2012
This school is amazing! the science department has a lot more supplies than most schools. Amazing teachers. Excellent math departments. One thing is that students do get more projects but because they are being prepared for high school and to get them ready for the California Standards Test (CST).This school also has a swimming unit for Physical Education (PE) which is something that most schools don't have. In conclusion I would recommend this school for any student who is willing to work hard for a good education.

Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math 4

Posted November 25, 2011
This school is what you make of it. If you decide not to be a disciplined student, you won't be rewarded, as the program is demanding. If you get caught up in its flaws (not much choice for electives, "lack of individual expression"), you won't be able to properly appreciate the wonderful staff and advanced math courses. As an alumni, I have total appreciation for my experience there, having made great friends and received a wonderful education. If you want a curriculum surrounding the arts, go to VAPA. This is a science and mathematics-oriented school. The bottom line is that you will receive the best middle school education in VUSD here - if you are willing to work for it.

Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math 3

Posted August 05, 2011
Vista Magnet is not for everyone. My son and his friends were happy to leave after three years at this school. The principal is very demanding and strict, the teachers are overworked and underpaid, and the support staff is stressed. The students don't have any choices for elective classes because all students take art and spanish classes for three consecutive years (boring!) This school doesn't even have a music program so students are not able to explore other options or be creative. One good thing about this school is their math department which prepares most students for advanced math classes. Unfortunately many math teachers leave this school every year. If your child likes math and science then this is the right school for him/her.

Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math 3

Posted July 12, 2011
I just promoted after being here for the full 3 years and let me just say that I am glad to be leaving. More then glad. The office staff was more then mean, they were down right rude and distasteful. While most of the teachers were friendly and helpful, some were stress inducing and strict. Because of the stress of the end of the year required project called the capstone, I had about 3 emotional breakdowns the time period of a month. While I do admit that they prepared me better then other middle schools would have for high school and even college, I did not enjoy my time there. It's a technology school, yet they cut the digital arts program this year to put us through an art class. I was quite excited for the art class until I actually got there. They limit you, restrict your self expression and everyone's work looked the same. You had a week to do projects and only class time which meant you had to choose between good quality work and getting it in on time. The only reason I change was because I had made such good friends and didn't want to leave them and start over. If your into science, go here. If you like art, music and self expression, go somewhere. I suggest Madison.

Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math 4

Posted December 25, 2010
This is a great school for gifted kids, I love it here. It has great courses and I feel more challenged than I was in other schools. The Math program is great, it gives 7th graders a chance to take algebra 1 and 8th can have geometry or honors geotrig. The teachers are supportive and push you to your best. Students will like it here.

Posted February 17, 2010
this school is different from any other middle school. The teachers really motivates us students to try our hardest on everything. The tutoring gives you more help that makes you understand the concept. This school is the best and I will never regret going there

Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math
151 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA  92084
Last modified Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Magnet Middle School Of Technology, Science, And Math Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top