Mountain Peak Charter School 1

Posted January 07, 2014
This school is very unprofessional and disorganized. Staff doesn't return calls in admin office. Staff doesn't return e mails to parents or general msgs in the general mailbox.

Mountain Peak Charter School 2

Posted October 08, 2013
Mountain Peak is offering approximately $1300 in educational funds per year per student. Other charter schools in the area are offering approximately $2000 or more per year in educational funds. This is a substantial difference when buying curriculum or PE classes for your student. The school is very Vista centered so if you are in another county don't expect the same services to be available. The new school coming into Mountain Peak this year has brought many new teachers who understand and embrace the nature of homeschooling, unlike many of the teachers and staff who have been at Mountain Peak for longer. The new teachers do seem to be bringing a lot to the table as long as you are in San Diego County.

Posted October 01, 2013
We have recently joined Mountain Peak, transferring in from GSDA after the administrative troubles there. We have felt very welcomed so far. I respectfully disagree with the previous commenter regarding funding for students; we're thrilled so far with how much financial support we are receiving. I know that the large number of incoming GSDA staff and students have caused some disruption, but everything seems to be settling into place (more or less). The staff do a good job of putting student interests first, in my opinion. The increased offerings in on-site classes at the Vista location should provide a lot of options for parents.

Posted July 08, 2013
Great school and teachers. My son had Ms. Sage and my daughter had Ms. Nugent - two amazing teachers

Posted June 12, 2013
If you are looking for small class sizes, Spanish immersion, dedicated teachers, and a partial home school option, this is your school! My daughter just completed Kindergarten here at the VLA and the the dual immersion program is fantastic. By the end of the year she was reading and writing in both languages. I also love the Friday home school/independent study day where parents can tailor the activities to meet their child's needs. Educationally I can only speak to Kindergarten at this point, but the teachers I have met in the other grades seem very dedicated and wonderful as well. Parent input is valued and the community couldn't be better!

Posted June 09, 2013
Mountain Peak Charter School is a great school! Because it is smaller in size, I feel my daughter is safe there. The teacher/student ratio is awesome! It feels more like a family. Teachers are accommodating to circumstances that arise and enjoy teaching!

Posted June 07, 2013
We love this school! It's our first year here and we can't say enough great things about it. We choose Mountain Peak's site based program (Vista Learning Academy) because of the small class sizes and the dual language program. This school's small so it doesn't have all the resources (sports, music, etc...) that other larger schools have but it makes up for it in a lot of other areas. The parents all know each other. The teachers really got to know my child and her needs. Everyone wants to be there and wants to be involved. There are also places for every parent to be involved in the school which I've seen is not the case at larger schools. Parents have a lot more access to their child's classroom and teacher then larger schools and I know what my child's learning throughout the year. That connection combined with the invaluable opportunity to learn Spanish is why we choose this school.

Posted June 07, 2013
This will be the 3 year attending this school, love the spanish program taught along with english. I like that the classrooms size is small the school is small compare to public schools. Teacher really care for the students success. Staff is friendly and helpfull

Posted May 04, 2013
My daughter has been attending the Vista Learning Academy branch of Mountain Peak since kindergarten. The teachers of the VLA are very involved and want to see kids succeed. One of the things that drew me to the school in the first place was the full day kindergarten program, a much better option than the 3 hour per day programs available from most of the public schools in the area. I have been extremely pleased that the teachers were willing to work with me and and my child to make sure that she received the challenge she needed. She is now in the 4th grade, and very happy at Mountain Peak's Vista Learning Academy. I'm so glad we didn't choose a huge public school with enormous class sizes. The small classes and positive atmosphere of the VLA are ideal for just about any student.

Posted May 03, 2013
Mountain Peak is a great school!! Yes, it has some negatives at times, but really doesn't all schools have positives and negatives?? The good thing is they are eager to hear parent input and fix the negatives when they arise. I have 3 children there and this is my oldest 5th year. Their Spanish is great and when asked if they would ever want to switch they have a firm NO. The teachers are some of the best I've worked with. My son went to a Vista Unified School for his first two years and the second teacher he had was horrible. We are very happy with the education and the curriculum of Mountain Peak. It's a small school and I love that everybody knows my kids and each other. If you want your child to learn both Spanish and English, and have excellent loving teachers, this is the place!

Mountain Peak Charter School
3220 Executive Ridge, Suite 160, Vista, CA  92081
Last modified Mountain Peak Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Peak Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top