Bad
Good

Posted August 16, 2014
Ms. Wray is amazing! She is so good with the kids, great activities, patient, kind, includes parents, and the kids got a great education. She is amazing at her job! However, the kids at this school are really low quality. They don't treat each other nicely. Their peers are rude and there is very little supervision at lunch or recess. Mr. Green, although he looks like he's available and listening doesn't have a lot of follow through. Students display aggressive behavior and there is little to no consequences. The older kids would walk by the little kid lines and call them babies and make fun of them. The kids here were also very physical. The whole cultural climate wasn't one I would be comfortable in personally, and one I seriously question for elementary students. They really need campus supervisors that are respectful and lead by example. The way they talk to the children is unacceptable in my opinion. The front office is terrible, rude, uninformed, they should all be scrapped and start with people that like kids and know how to run an office. This is a school for rough children. Which is too bad because It's so awesome in so many other ways.

Breeze Hill Elementary School 5

Posted May 21, 2013
wonderful and I am so happy that my 5 year old will be attending K here!!! :)

Posted May 18, 2013
This school doesn't feel very secure to me as a parent because you can just walk right through the front gate. The office staff is not very polite and no ID was checked when I picked up my son early. He loved his teacher though. There was a child picking on my son and when I brought this up to the teacher, she addressed it very quickly. We have since moved away, but my son was at breeze hill for most of the year. Not a bad school...

Posted September 17, 2012
We love Breeze Hill! We are in our 6th year and have enjoyed every year here. We've seen three principals during this time, but are very happy that the current principal, Mr. Green, seems to be here to stay. I have never had to deal with any negative issues with him, so I cannot comment on how he is dealing with a problem, but in my opinion he is very optimistic and upbeat with the teachers and students and parents. My kids have enjoyed every teacher they've ever had and I have volunteered in their classrooms every week and am always impressed with their organization and passion to teach. The campus supervisors do a good job watching the children during lunch and recess, but I do think there should be more supervisors... two ladies watching 250+ students is not nearly enough. But they are all nice and do the best they can. The Breeze Hill PTA put on fun events throughout the year... Halloween Carnival, Father/Daughter dance, Mother/Son day in the park, family nights (my kids love the movie in the meadow), etc. I've never felt like the PTA are very 'clique-y', I think they've always been warm and welcoming and they work hard for the students and teachers- for FREE! LOVE BH!

Posted June 22, 2012
My family moved to Vista last year from the Midwest, and we were not sure what to expect. As far as the quality of the education that my daughter received at Breeze Hill, I can attest that it is superior. Mrs. Sparks (1st grade) was SUCH an amazing teacher. My daughter tells me that she loves her teacher and that she is so sad for the school year to end, because she doesn't want to say goodbye to her teacher. Apparently, she is going to be teaching 3rd grade now. If you have an incoming 3rd grader, do see if you can get Mrs. Sparks! However, even the best of teachers cannot make up for lacking safety at the school. There is no where near enough supervision at this school. My daughter was bullied, hit, shoved, knocked down, had her shoes stolen off her feet, and was beaten with her own shoes. This all occurred at recess. It was always the same 2 boys doing it, and nothing bad ever really happened to them. Occasionally they would go to the principal for it, but he didn't seem to be big on punishment for repeat offenders. I give this school an A+ for education, C for extracurricular activities, and C- for supervision and safety.

Posted May 21, 2012
It is not a horrible school, but I am looking to put my child elsewhere. My son went there for kindergarden. There is a lot of bullying at the school, and it seems like the teachers don't know how to handle it. When he first started there, he was telling us the he was getting hit almost every day, and when we found out who was doing it my husband went to ask the kid why he was hitting our son, but the teacher stopped him and said the parents were not allowed to talk to the kids about that, but she said nothing to the kid about the hitting. Well someone needs to talk to the kids about not hitting!! It got better as the school year went along, prolly b/c the kids starting getting to know eachother better. Safety is somewhat of a concern for me. I have a lot of my different family members pick up my son since I work, and the school never told me that I had to give them any of their names, so basically anyone can pick up the kids. Also, there were times when he stayed home from school sick and we didn't call the school thinking the school would call us since he did not show up for school, but they don't call when your kid doesnt show up. SCARY.

Posted April 09, 2012
Regarding 3-15-12 - I couldn't agree more!! The attitude of the campus supervisors is disgusting! They are disrespectful to the students. The bulling is out of control, when a student tells you that someone is bothering them you don't tell them to stop being a tattle tail and go away. They have allowed the bullying to increase because of their lack of concern. The other problem is if you have (five)- 4th or 5th grade classrooms, each individual grade should have the same projects all year. Its not fair to have half of the 5th graders have to do a big year end projects and the other half do not. What is up with that?? The last issue for me was when it came time for the CST test, the school sent home letters saying have your kids in bed on time make sure they get their rest, They must attend school those weeks! Oh, and they will have FREE breakfast available for any of the students that would like it during those weeks of testing. OK shouldn't that be a given all year long minus the free food?? No they just want to make sure they get their money from the state. They take way more interest in the students during those weeks of school then they do all year long. Very disappointing!!

Breeze Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2012
We have been at Breeze Hill now for 5 years and the first 4 years we eally enjoyed it. This year has gone all so bad. Mr. Green the new principle is HORRIBLE!! He is always chasing his tail. The bullying has gotten out of contol and there is no playground supervision. We have ried to work with the school but it has gone so down hill so fast we are changinging our kids out this next year. Its so sad it was a fab school.

Posted August 01, 2011
As far as the 3-2011 post, I would just like to say that #1, Mr Arnold is wonderful, yet he's retiring. We're crossing fingers as far as the next one. The pta is more than willing for any and everyone to volunteer their time to help, that is why they are there, to help. As an outsider who volunteers occasionally, I have seen their appreciation for additional help. Any sour apples aren't there anymore. This past year the pta planned an entire weeks worth of ways to thank the teachers. The teachers said it was the best teach/appr. week they ever had. There is new leadership next year, and they are always needing all the parents to support the school with time or however they can. Breeze Hill is a family. They do have a yearbook and the Gate program was a district wide problem b/c of funding. I am happy we moved because I like Breeze Hill BETTER than Lake. No complaints only good things to say....haven't experienced a bad teacher and next year will be our last before middle school.

Breeze Hill Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2011
I can't believe this principal at Breeze Hill is still working. Mr. Arnold is TOTALLY out of touch. The teachers are not supported by the administration or the PTA. The PTA is a click that has no interest in helping the students at all. The parents on the PTA are there to socialize with each other and do not care about the children. Breeze Hill is the most poorly run school I've ever seen. VUSD is in serious need of new leadership.

Breeze Hill Elementary School
1111 Melrose Way, Vista, CA  92083-6505
Last modified Breeze Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.