Vista, CA

Posted October 13, 2014
Love that my children are learning so much at a great rate. The teachers and staff are great and genuinely caring. I love all of the projects they have the children work on, especially when they work in the garden. Every May they have a star party where the children, their teachers and family get to go camping and stare gaze. My children's teachers are both love their job and stay on task.

Posted April 01, 2014
My son attends Casita and LOVES it! He is testing almost 2 grades ahead in both Math and Reading. He has formed wonderful friendships with his classmates. Great great school!

Posted August 26, 2013
My sons are loving school this year! The atmosphere on campus is warm and welcoming. I have a son who just started Kindergarten and at pick-up, he greets me with a smile and "I love school, mom!" My 3rd grader enjoys his new learning environment. With all the subjects being taught through hands on creative learning, and is encouraged to explore Casita's gardens, spacious play grounds, as well as. I'mm looking forward to volunteering my time, to help nurture the butterfly habitat, that well be developed for our children, so do their science classes in.

Posted August 08, 2013
Positive aspects of Casita Center include: 1. Magnet school emphasizing science, math, & technology. 2. Diverse student population. 3. Talented & committed teachers & staff. 4. Strong leadership from a capable, dedicated, & communicative principal. 5. Active & amazing PTA.

Posted January 21, 2012
We love Casita. The students and staff are warm and friendly. My son is a high achiever and it very happy at this school. He loves going to Science Lab. The principal , Laura Smith is fantastic. She is very involved and really listens to parents.

Posted February 22, 2011
We love Casita! Casita is truly a great school. Our principal, Laura Smith is at EVERY event and is completely committed to the school and it's families. She is an excellent role model for our children. The Casita families are involved, aware, and advocates for their children's education. I love seeing my children flourishing at Casita.

Posted December 27, 2010
This school has a lot going for it. The newest program is GATE! The district has cut it, but Casita managed to get outside funding and has started an after school, once a week high-achiever program for grades 2-5. This semester, grades 2 and 3 are solving a mystery and learning about forensics. There are so many other extras at Casita: star lab, science lab, tech lab, PTA events, after school specialty classes, etc. There's a great garden with a garden club, and next I've heard that a knitting club will start! And students seem nicer overall than our last school.

Posted November 04, 2010
I personally like the idea that is focused on Math & Science, "Points gain" for reading evaluation is a great idea, it is one example why my daughter wants to read lots of books, therefore her pronunciation, spelling and writing increasing dramatically every day, same with Math. Also Emily loves the Science Lab that really ecourage creativity, knowledge and critical thinking. Big round of applause for the teachers, counselors, coaching and all personnel involved at the Great La Casita Center Elementary! GOOD JOB!!!

Casita Center For Science/Math/Technology 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I love that Casita has a focus on Math, Science and Technology. Kids are taught from an early age to use computers. It is an amazing school with caring and incredible teachers!

Posted October 12, 2010
We love Casita! The principal, Laura Smith, has the children's best interests at heart and it's reflected in the program. I love the focus on Technology, Science, and Math and it's very integrated into the cirriculum. The teachers we've had have all been fantastic and are all very good at communicating what they need from us to make our son's education sucessful. And the garden is WONDERFUL! Every kid deserves outside space like they have. Just wish they could make the entire school feel like the garden does. (Maybe with 20,000 they could get there!)

Casita Center For Science/Math/Technology
260 Cedar Drive, Vista, CA  92083
Last modified Casita Center For Science/Math/Technology is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Casita Center For Science/Math/Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top