Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 19, 2016
the worse school I have ever seen in my life, stuff are so rude, very filthy inside, no home work for the kids, the parking is horrible , most of the kids are so rude and not polite, some of them don't even speak English. please don't take ur kids there at least go and see the school before you register them, if someone told me this or if I read the comments before I wouldn't take over there

Posted December 22, 2015
We moved from Carlsbad to Vista this year and I was extremely concerned about the move due to the overall school scores, but Grapevine has been AWESOME!! It really comes down to the staff, and Principal Olavide, VP 's Schmidt are extremely involved and very on top of things!! Both Ms. Bailey and Mr. Barrios have been very attentive to both my kiddos' progress, and they have found a good balance for homework. This is a far cry from La Costa Meadows where the homework load is excessive and all homework assignments are posted on the web without any help or guidance. Grapevine brings the human factor back into education and I couldn't be happier to be part of it!

Posted April 30, 2015
We have an excellent teacher and the school is great in our experience. Our son is in first grade. We got a progress report that his reading went up from a 1.4 grade level in December, to a 4.9 grade level in April! Don't buy too much into ratings, it's all about the teacher, and we are so fortunate! Cheers to our smart boy and our super hero teacher, Mr. Martin.

Posted April 17, 2014
Terrible school you most not never never bring your kids here Too many bully problems and the staff are Incapable to resolve the problem

Grapevine Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
Grapevine is one of the older schools in Vista, but it's fairly well-kept. We are the Grapevine Grizzlies, and we promote ROARS values: R for Respectful, O for respOnsible, A for sAfe, R for caRing, and S for Self-disciplined scholars. These values, along with a high regard for academic achievement are the goals of the cohesive staff at Grapevine. We are a group of very dedicated teachers and we have some wonderful parents. We have a high population of language learners, so it may take a little longer for our students to achieve their potentials, but we all work hard for grade-level proficiency. We also qualify for programs that often allow our students extra services. I am excited about a great year to come!

Posted November 04, 2012
This is by far the worst school I have seen. The way some of the teacher communicate with the kids is very unprofessional. There are significant amount of problems that when brought up to teachers or the principle, nothing is done. There are a large amount of bullies in this school also, and when someone stands up to them they are the ones that get in trouble.

Posted April 05, 2011
I am a floored by the number of positive reviews this school has received: I am thinking this website may not be an accurate gauge of the quality of the schools it lists. Grapevine is a horrible school. My sons were lucky enough to get one really good teacher there: but even then, the academics and curriculum is a joke. Budget cuts are made in ways to hurt students the most. High performing students are held back from learning for the slowest of the group. The school does not provide a safe environment. Bullies and rude obnoxious students walk all over teachers and students alike. The school DOES provide the academic tools a child needs to perform well at the next level of education.

Posted November 02, 2010
i love this school every time i come they always greet people all the teachers are nice

Posted September 30, 2010
i love this school because the teacher is very good

Posted September 23, 2010
All my grandkids have gone here and over the years everyone has always been so polite and kind to all the parents and family.

630 Grapevine Road, Vista, CA  92083-5599
Last modified Grapevine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.