Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I would say that the majority of teachers at our school are fantastic. The problem is that they have so little time to teach kids and they have so many subjects to cover and not enough time to do it.

Amount of homework: Disagree

We've had some years of heavy homework to the point that my kids are stressed, I'm stressed and its a bad situation- we all end up freaking out and being mad at each other. I've heard that this year they are reducing homework and we are looking forward to that.

We love Monte Vista Elementary, great school, kids and parents. We work hard to make it great. Our PTA works hard to raise funds for an art and music program for our children that other schools in the district do not have.

Both of my boys have gone to Monte Vista - one is graduating from 5th grade this year, and my younger son is currently in 1st grade. I have loved every teacher my boys have had. I feel that the teachers and staff at this school are great and feel a sincere vested interest in the success of our kids. There is a lot of open communication with the teachers, and there are several updates or notifications per week from the principal about events, upcoming challenges, school spirit, etc. which is great as well. Great school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Monte Vista has a strong "No Excuses" mission to keep kids accountable for their actions, their words, and their treatment of others.

I have 2 kids at Monte Vista, and we have been very happy. The children have had committed teachers, the PTA is extremely active, there is lots of parent involvement, and volunteering at events & in the classrooms is really stressed. There are many extracurricular offerings such as running club, safety patrol, student council, and dance clubs. We have also had our kids take the enrichment programs that are offered after school through Kids College, and they have been great. The Principal is hands on & willing to jump right in and help with the kids & parents. The school has a real "family" feel to it - everyone you meet is friendly and welcoming. Great experience so far!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our children have had excellent teachers at Monte Vista. They have been involved, caring, encourage kids to do their personal best, and are nice people.

Amount of homework: Agree

This varies by teacher and year. This year (2015-2016), my children are receiving an appropriate amount. They have never received to little, but there have been years when I thought the homework volume was too high.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school actively promotes character education via classes, mission, and behavior modeling. They also have an active anti-bullying program.

i love this school < i have 4 kids at monte vista !! its awesome school

Last modified Monte Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.