Vista, CA

Posted December 21, 2013
i love this school < i have 4 kids at monte vista !! its awesome school

Monte Vista Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2013
I have two children that attend Monte Vista. They both started here in kindergarten and now one is in the the 2nd grade and the other is in 1st grade. When my 2nd grader started this school it got a great school rating of 7 out of 10 now it currently receives a 5 out of 7. I am not sure if it because VUSD closed down one of their under preforming schools and now the children are attending this school. All I know is the teachers are great so far and the parent involvement is pretty good. My only problem is with the constant micro managing of parents by the principal. You constantly get correspondence and phone calls. As if there is something wrong with our parenting that is directly effecting the fact the VUSD schools are under performing with the exception of about 3 or 4 schools in the district. The education of my children I do not take lightly. My 2nd grader is preforming above grade level in all subjects. My 1st grader is reading above grade level and is up to speed in other subjects. I don't know what happens in the other student homes, but I find the constant reminders of what makes a "good student" demeaning insulting and sometimes down right intrusive!

Posted October 28, 2012
I have 2 kids at Monte Vista, and we have been very happy. The children have had committed teachers, the PTA is extremely active, there is lots of parent involvement, and volunteering at events & in the classrooms is really stressed. We have also had our kids take the enrichment programs that are offered right after school through Kids College, and they have been great. The new Principal is very hands on & willing to jump right in and help with the kids & parents. Great experience so far!

Posted August 23, 2012
My oldest went to monte vista K-5 and i currently have two children attending monte vista and we have been very happy with our experience. There is a great team of teachers and the pta has always been very involved and worked hard to keep music and art programs available for the kids.

Posted August 21, 2012
We have been at Monte Vista since my son started kindergarten in 2007 and we could not be happier. Monte Vista is more than just a school - it is a family. The staff is amazing - from all the ladies in the Main Office who are always so helpful and accomodating to all the fabulous teachers who help our children grow & learn everyday. With an awesome PTA that provides much needed support raising funds for school programs and a new hands-on principal we feel lucky to be a part of such a great community.

Posted August 21, 2012
My children have been attending this school since Kindergarten. I have a 1st and a 3rd grader and every teacher we have had has been wonderful. My children have learned so much from them and are excelling quickly thanks to their efforts. The front office staff has always been extremely efficient and helpful. I am always greeted with a smile. I have been fortunate to spend a lot of time in my children's classrooms as well as working with the PTA and the front office staff. Each one of them truly cares for our school and are always working to improve it. They are the reason I volunteer more for school functions. It is a pleasure to work with people with positive attitudes and I am thankful for all that they do, especially when it's time to give something extra. Mrs. Manuto school principal is extremely hands on and always approachable. Thank you Monte Vista front office, teachers and PTA for all that you do for me and my children!!

Monte Vista Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
my kids went to this school last year...and I must say they had great teachers....however, the staff at the front office is another story. they are not helpful, unapproachable and seem very bothered by both the parents and the kids..A comment made on the last day of school about the kids, by the staff and the new principal made my choice very easy not to send them back, as I'm sure many more parents feel the same who were present.

Posted May 27, 2012
I have 2 kids at Monte Vista Elementary, and both are getting excellent educations. There has been a lot of change at MVE this year (large enrollment increase, multiple principals, multiple PTA presidents), and we are looking forward to things calming down the coming school year. These things are largely invisible to our children, though, who are safe and happy. They enjoy school and learning, have had excellent teachers, and are turning into confident people. The PTA is very active, and offers lots of extras including art & music education. I recommend the school.

Monte Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2012
I hate the staff! made me feel very unwelcomed when we transferred in late in the year. I have no desire to step foot in the classroom which is sad for my child. I sincerely want nothing to do with this school.

Monte Vista Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2010
My daughter first 3 years of her education went well. Not until her 4th and 5th grade did her education went down Hill. The teacher lacked in support unless it was a certain student. She lacked integrity. The TA's at best are jokes. When cuts are manditory she would be first on my list. Everything my daughter learned over summer and winter breaks was lost while attending this teachers class. I think she was probably more concern over her tenure . When a new principal was moved into the position as acting proncipal the school did not even have the common courtesy to inform families. I had to find out the hard way.

Monte Vista Elementary School
1720 Monte Vista Road, Vista, CA  92084
Last modified Monte Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monte Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top