Vista, CA
Students enrolled: 2,664

Posted August 15, 2014
Just like every other school in our district, the teacher do what they can with the tools given. So many of the teachers are so willing to spend extra time with the students and it's awesome! Parents are definitely a lot of help on campus along with the students in all clubs, especially Character Leaders and ASB. There weren't any gang fights when I attended, and I don't believe there is that problem. The school is extremely safe and is making improvements every single year.

Posted August 11, 2014
My son has nothing but great things to say about your school. It is a great program and we are happy to be a part of it.

Posted September 18, 2013
I go to Vista and I LOVE it! This school is great I feel safe when I go to school and its a real convient and by my house. All my teachers are outstanding

Vista High School 1

Posted August 21, 2013
I had attended this school last year. I had transferred in from Lehman High School (Bx,NY). Ms.Greene the math teacher had always gave me a problem . From day one I stepped into her class she had it in for me. She use to try and cut me off everytine i asked a question. always had something to say to me , like you dont have other studenrs to worry about ? your too busy picking on me to continue your class .My brother had also attended this school years ago and the teachers and students acted the same way with him. It's like they got something against people from NY. I'm happy to say I no longer attend VHS. Back home in the Bronx. Happy to be here.

Posted August 10, 2012
This school is not that bad I really enjoyed going to Vista high school. The best part of the school Is David Hanlon the character leaders teacher. He has worked to make the school more friendly and open to everyone. I felt safe and happy at Vista and I hope your kids do too. I really loved my teachers. The only complaint is the nasty bathrooms! Gross! Fashion club and show choir was so much fun.

Posted June 06, 2011
My son has just completed his second year at Vista High. He loves his school, and takes great pride in being a Panther. The old reputation is slowly changing, as Vista proves itself to have strong leadership, inclusive policies, for honors, athletes,band, drama, as well as English learners, teen moms, and the otherwise socio-economically challenged. I am glad my son sees this wide view culture, and tolerance. Yes, there are troublemakers, yes there is inappropriate activity, and yes, they do have security on campus. It is still, in main, a friendly, open, safe environment, with something for everyone.

Posted June 03, 2011
I enjoyed vista high. As a teen mom they really helped me with the teen parent program and graduating on time. the teachers were great, despite the few that are not, and the administration is good too. the principal and vice principals care about the students and my counselor did everything in her power to help me succeed. I know many have a misconception about gangs but honestly they are no trouble once you take any problem to security, the on campus officer, or administration. I am glad I was at VHS and had the help I needed.

Vista High School 1

Posted March 01, 2010
This is the worst high school ever! My kids were honors students with no academic or bhaviour problems until attending here. The staff is to consumed with themselves and the union. My boys had a hard time dealing with the sudden death of their dad when entering the school...no one knew what help was available...nor did they care. Kids here are just a number...and if you are a parent who adocates for their kid and acutally cares -- watch out!

Vista High School 0

Posted November 16, 2009
I truely enjoy going to vista high school for the reason that the teachers are there for us when ever we are stuck in anything. This school is very safe, i really don't understand why parents are scared of sending there child here because of gangs its not like there always going to hold there hand in the street, I bet there worst then gang members, anyways I am happy to be in this school and proud. Panther :) all the way

Posted September 07, 2008

Vista High School
1 Panther Drive, Vista, CA  92084
Last modified Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top