Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted August 04, 2015
Please don't judge this school by the greatschool.org rating. this is misleading. greatschool rating is bias toward test scores. which does not mean much in a diverse multicultural environment. I have seen schools with higher ratings that turn out horrible people. Vista High just received the 2015 California Gold Ribbon award (replaces California Distinguished school award ) http://www.cde.ca.gov/nr/ne/yr15/yr15rel37.asp This school has excellent : 1 Athletics 2 International Baccalaureate diploma 3 Honors 4 Tech career 5 long term experienced GREAT teachers I am proud of Vista high

Vista High School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 24, 2015
There's not much this overcrowded school can do for kids. Much of it is because most students aren't interested in academics.

Vista High School 2

Posted May 24, 2015
I had a very difficult time at VHS. Drugs and alcohol were rampant. Gangs were everywhere. The disabled were forced to pick up trash in the quad after lunch. Immature teachers' aides threw their weight around and sent kids to detention at a whim. Most of the teachers just didn't seem to care. It was basically day care for teenagers. Unless your kid is very mature and driven, I would avoid this school.

Posted August 15, 2014
Just like every other school in our district, the teacher do what they can with the tools given. So many of the teachers are so willing to spend extra time with the students and it's awesome! Parents are definitely a lot of help on campus along with the students in all clubs, especially Character Leaders and ASB. There weren't any gang fights when I attended, and I don't believe there is that problem. The school is extremely safe and is making improvements every single year.

Posted August 11, 2014
My son has nothing but great things to say about your school. It is a great program and we are happy to be a part of it.

Posted September 18, 2013
I go to Vista and I LOVE it! This school is great I feel safe when I go to school and its a real convient and by my house. All my teachers are outstanding

Vista High School 1

Posted August 21, 2013
I had attended this school last year. I had transferred in from Lehman High School (Bx,NY). Ms.Greene the math teacher had always gave me a problem . From day one I stepped into her class she had it in for me. She use to try and cut me off everytine i asked a question. always had something to say to me , like you dont have other studenrs to worry about ? your too busy picking on me to continue your class .My brother had also attended this school years ago and the teachers and students acted the same way with him. It's like they got something against people from NY. I'm happy to say I no longer attend VHS. Back home in the Bronx. Happy to be here.

Posted August 10, 2012
This school is not that bad I really enjoyed going to Vista high school. The best part of the school Is David Hanlon the character leaders teacher. He has worked to make the school more friendly and open to everyone. I felt safe and happy at Vista and I hope your kids do too. I really loved my teachers. The only complaint is the nasty bathrooms! Gross! Fashion club and show choir was so much fun.

Posted June 06, 2011
My son has just completed his second year at Vista High. He loves his school, and takes great pride in being a Panther. The old reputation is slowly changing, as Vista proves itself to have strong leadership, inclusive policies, for honors, athletes,band, drama, as well as English learners, teen moms, and the otherwise socio-economically challenged. I am glad my son sees this wide view culture, and tolerance. Yes, there are troublemakers, yes there is inappropriate activity, and yes, they do have security on campus. It is still, in main, a friendly, open, safe environment, with something for everyone.

Posted June 03, 2011
I enjoyed vista high. As a teen mom they really helped me with the teen parent program and graduating on time. the teachers were great, despite the few that are not, and the administration is good too. the principal and vice principals care about the students and my counselor did everything in her power to help me succeed. I know many have a misconception about gangs but honestly they are no trouble once you take any problem to security, the on campus officer, or administration. I am glad I was at VHS and had the help I needed.

Vista High School
1 Panther Drive, Vista, CA  92084-3101
Last modified Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.