PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted April 11, 2016
There is no homework in the Pre-K curriculum. Students are encouraged to practice skills at home, but there is no assigned homework.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted April 11, 2016
I don't know. My daughter is in Pre-K and while persistence is important, grit is not emphasized yet at that level.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 11, 2016
Compassion, caring, and empathy are part of the Pre-K curriculum and the values are enforced with the students in their interactions. Teachers talk daily about compassion for others and the little ones are exposed to it through lessons and occasional field trips in the broader community.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 11, 2016
The students learn fairness and integrity, modeled by Catholic values, in all aspects of the school community. These values are modeled by the teachers and staff.

Posted April 11, 2016
I enrolled my daughter in Pre-K this year - and we love St. Francis! She attends the half day program and has excelled this year! She had no experience with writing before coming to the school and the teachers have worked with her and she is writing very well now. She loves to go to school! There is a good balance of Catholic values, learning play, and academics in the Pre-K curriculum. The Pre-K teachers have a long history of teaching experience and it shows in the classroom! There is a sense of community within the school and the principle is very welcoming and hands-on with the students. Looking forward to continuing on to Kindergarten next year!

Posted June 10, 2014
I'm very pleased with the education my child has received so far at St. Francis. His teachers have all been fantastic, and I love the school environment. The current principal is great, she takes the time to interact with all the students and it's obvious she loves what she does. I highly recommend this school to anyone thinking about enrolling their children here.

Posted May 23, 2014
We love our school. My child has been going here since preschool and he has grown tremendously in mind, body and spirit. GO FRIARS!

Posted April 18, 2014
The school has a nurturing and loving environment that has encouraged my kids to advance academically and grow in character year after year. I appreciate the open communication between the new principle, teachers and parents. My kids have also been able to participate in some of the after school programs including: archery, art, tennis and little STEM (science, technology and math). As a minority I appreciate the diversity in the student population at St. Francis, which is usually lacking in other private/christian schools. St. Francis School has a family atmosphere for the kids as well as the parents. Our family has been at this school for 7 years and we love it! If you are looking for a new school come and visit this school. Also ask the opinion of the parents while you are there. Because of the family atmosphere there are always parents around who would be open to talking with you.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have been with St. Francis for over 30 yrs. as a parent, grandparent and staff member. There have been many ups and downs as in any work place and some personality differences. The main thing is, the welfare of the children has always come first. We now are getting back to where we were 10-15 years ago when St. Francis was THE place to be. Pastors, principals and some teachers have been a reason for the decline but we now have a good principal administrator and a very supportive pastoral staff. Yes. we will lose a few teachers this year however those teachers have been in education for over 35 years each and they would like to retire! It is a family atmosphere and the educators get to know the kids on a more personal level. As with any family there will be disagreements but for the most part, things get resolved. If I didn't believe in this school and what it stands for, I wouldn't have sent all my children and several grandchildren here.

Posted March 14, 2014
My school is a five star school! We have had an amazing experience at St. Francis. I wouldn't change much at all and the new principal is wonderful and supportive of all.

525 West Vista Way, Vista, CA  92083
Last modified St. Francis of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8