No rating

Tri-City Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 544 students

Living in Vista

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $239,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,320.

Posted February 26, 2008

My son attended from K-2, he had 2 hours of homework every night. No teacher there thought to test him for a learning disability (which it turns out he has) and no accomodations were made.I pulled him out mid-year because he was miserable.

Posted January 30, 2008

I went to Tri-City for 3 years, 6th, 7th and 8th. I left cause we couldn't afford it, but i can't wait to go back. Its a great environment, the teachers are awesome!

Posted February 20, 2007

My children have attended Tri City for the past five years. I initially put my children at Tri City because of the student to teacher ratio's in the classrooms and because I wanted a Christian based education. They are going to new uniforms, in my opinion, that should be set on the back burner until they put one more classroom in for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades and have four or each grade.

Posted January 28, 2007

My children attended Tri City School for 8 years, they now both go to public school. Both of my kids are more challenged academically in public school. There are a few innovative teachers on the elementary campus, but that is it. This school needs an up to date approach to teaching.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted January 9, 2007

TriCity Christian has an excellent academic, college-prep program. It offers a balanced palate of courses and extracurricular activities. The Administration staff of both elementary and junior/senior high schools are excellent. Parental involvement is encouraged and parents are welcome to become as involved as they choose.

Posted December 3, 2006

I graduated from TCCS in 2002. The science taught by Mrs. Vandenbrook is at a college level.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 20, 2006

Excellent leadership from teachers. Academically it is very impressive as well. Christian themed school and cirriculum. Highly recommend.

Posted February 4, 2006

academical enviroment, high level of parent involement. pretty good.

Posted August 12, 2005

I have two kids and the preschool. This is a great learning environment, teachers are very caring, and I like the hand on learning the kids do every day blended with Christian teachings.

Posted August 7, 2005

The best school my children have ever gone to.

Posted August 3, 2005

I am so thankful for this school. My son attend and now my little girl will also be attending in the fall, I plan on both my children attending through high school. The teachers and administation are wonderful.

Posted June 11, 2005

20-1 student teacher ratio. Highly recommended by Kumon teachers in area. Strong Christian based teaching.

Posted April 23, 2005

The academic programs at this school are exceptional, however, they seriously lack in other areas. There is very little art, music, or drama at this school so if your child is gifted in these areas, this is not the school for you. In addition, most of the sports programs/teams at this school are pretty lame which is due in part to their ability to keep quality coaches. There is high parent envolvement at this school, which is very nice. However, the administration at both schools, especially the elementary school, leave a lot to be desired. As long as your life/family situation is pretty close to perfect and you require no assistance from administration, it will be fine. But should you have financial trouble, personal problems, or question something the teacher is doing...look out, because you will not be treated in a Christ-like fashion and may even be asked to leave.

Posted February 8, 2005

This is a great school with caring teachers. We have been very happy with my son's performance here.

Posted October 10, 2004

My children have attended TCCS for many years. The staff are all wonderful, and ensure all the children receive the best education. My childre love attending TCCS, and look forward to graduating in 2007, and 2010.

Posted July 9, 2004

Both my children have been at TCCS since pre-school. They have so far recieved a quality education. One is entering 1st grade and the other 6th. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. He is a great example of a leader and showing Christs Love & Grace!

Posted May 31, 2004

Well, I graduated from Tri-City 3 years ago. Let me tell you something about this school. There are certain teachers that give their all and others who could care less. The level that my class was taught at, we were not completely ready for our college courses, mainly because they were not offered to us at the time. I have gone back to visit the school and they have greatly improved their program. The science department is by far the best there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

If you want a blessing from God, then Tri City Christian is the place for you. My child attended the preschool and went all they way through and graduated High School. The standard for excellence and spiritual emphasis is superb. The teachers give 110% everyday and make the parents feel that they are a part of the family as well. I know my child was loved and well cared for. There is none like it which is why there are waiting lists to get in.

Posted February 23, 2004

My son just started this school in 6th grade and absolutely loves it. The teachers believe in each and every one of their students equally and I can not believe how positive my son has become and how much more he believes in himself. I know it is from attending this school. Thank you Tri-City Christian.

Posted December 2, 2003

This is a great school if you want your child to start experiencing high school type of atmosphere. If your child likes individual attention and cooperation from teachers I don't recommend it. I'm pulling my child to go to a Charter school in the middle of her school year.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Clark Gilbert
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

302 North Emerald Drive