Faith Lutheran Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 120 students

We are best known for Christ-Centered Education.

Living in Vista

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $275,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,290.

Sweep tile

Posted March 21, 2014

Faith Lutheran School has been a saving grace for my children. We were referred to Lambs of Faith Preschool by three of our neighbors. After much prayer, research, and touring of other schools, we were confident that Lambs of Faith was the best place for our family. My children have since gone on to Faith Lutheran Elementary where they continue to grow in their Christian faith, academics, and athletics. The administration cares and listens to the needs and wants of parents. The teachers constantly strive to challenge children to their full potential. We love the church as well and recently were baptized and became church members. If you want the very best for your children and family look no further than Faith Lutheran Church and Schools.

Posted March 7, 2014

This school is like placing your child on a boat with out a capitan. Lacks lidership, unity, costumer service and therefore you feel like no one really cares about your parental imput. If you are not " to strict of a christian" this is good for you! They will give sugar treats often, will celebrate Halloween, have ash Wednesday like catholics and way more !! By the way if not too uncomfortable the Lutheran church will have a funeral and all related to it when your children are having lunch!

Posted October 27, 2013

Disappointing... Parents are not sure what the school administration and church are doing. Most of the teachers are still great though. If they don't start to turn things around, not sure if we will stay.

Posted August 30, 2013

Faith Lutheran School was great for my daughter. The year after she left, they fired two of their most experienced teachers (including my daughter's favorite) without reason., and in violation of their own written procedures.

Posted June 28, 2013

Love, love, love Faith Lutheran School and Preschool. Our family was referred to Lambs of Faith Preschool by four different families. I toured several schools in the area and not one measured up to Lambs of Faith Preschool. My children are now attending the elementary school and are excelling in all areas. If you want the very best for your children, look at Lambs of Faith and Faith Lutheran Elementary and Middle Schools. You will never go anywhere else.

Posted March 20, 2013

Low class sizes and this school has been around for years. We just felt there was so many negatives. Campared it to other private schools in the area that can offer more loved Grace Lutheran just a drive from Oceanside but the Pastor was very warm never met anyone from the Church at this school while we were there.

Posted May 29, 2012

I can not say enough wonderful things about the teaching staff and the school. Thank you to all that work and help out at this school. Great education and enviornment for the children who attend

Posted May 19, 2012

What amazing teachers!!! Half of them have Masters degrees. They all work so hard and are so dedicated. Each one has something special to offer the children. It would be hard to pick a favorite. The principal is so down-to-earth and approachable. She is constantly improving existing programs and adding new ones. I can not wait to see what enhancements she comes up with next. We parents LOVE her!!! The kids love and respect her too. She has such a gentle and consistent way with them. Thank you Faith Lutheran School for providing my children with an excellent education, a loving Christ centered environment, and amazing role models.

Posted April 5, 2012

Our family has been attending LOF/FLS since 2004 and then became members of the church. The environment is THERE for my children. Teachers, staff and academics. Though this school is not perfect (nor am I or the world) but it is a work in progress. It has improved the math program recently and has an in-school tutoring program for reading. Our school also offers computer, physical education and music to all students K-8 during the normal school hours at no extra costs.

Posted April 3, 2012

Our family loves FLS. My children have attended LOF/FLS since preschool. The staff is respectful, nurturing, and above all well qualified to teach. The personal attention that each teacher brings into her classroom and the excitement for learning shows in all grades. I think the new principal has been a wonderful bonus to FLS bringing excitement, joy of learning, and love for Christ into the aspects of the job. I feel comfortable to leave my children in the care of everyone at FLS and I know the education is impeccable. The only draw back to FLS is the enrollment but the small class sizes is an awesome opportunity for the children to get one on one education. The school has so much to offer our community.

Posted April 1, 2012

Compared to public schools and other schools in the area, Faith Lutheran is quite superior. Unfortunetely people use this site inappropriately. It is disappointing that a parent enrolled in a Christian school would not follow Christian standards when framing a complaint about the school. Check the school out. You will find that the curriculum is superior as well as the extra curricular programs. The school just completed an accreditation that proves the excellence of the school and staff. (The accreditation process is conducted by the state of California, not internally) Check the teachers/administration degrees and credentials. Don't believe a person that has an axe to grind. Come in for a tour, speak to the board of education, talk to the PTL. Check it out for yourself, you won't be sorry you did. You will find that Faith Lutheran School is an excellent choice for your child.

Posted April 1, 2012

If you are really in the market for an excellent school you need to check out Faith Lutheran. Don't be swayed by a comment from someone that may have had some sort of bad experience. This school just completed an accreditation process by Western Association of Schools and Colleges. A school does not receive accreditation if the programs are below par and the teachers are not qualified to teach. Like one parent said below, Faith is constantly looking for ways to improve and add to their programs. Faith focuses on things that matter, academics and belief in Jesus Christ. Do your child a favor and check out this school. I know you will not regret what you find.

Posted March 29, 2012

This is not a dedicated school Our children will not be coming back next year. I have never seen such a horrible learning environment and lazy teachers and a principal that is two faced and doesn't know what she is doing. We are better off in public school. As for programs being offered at FLS, they are not taught by by well trained individuals. Their music program compared to other schools is horrible. Their computer class is not taught by a credentialed person either. I would look hard at this school and either look at another private or public. This is a horrible school

Posted March 28, 2012

We have never had our children at any other school so there is not a lot of comparison. However, I can tell you that this school is very dedicated to education with a balanced emphasis on Christianity. Just like with life as a whole, it is what you make it. To read the comments about the PTL and what not is disheartening. As a whole the PTL does and has always had the children on the forefront of the agenda. If there are a few catty parents on the committee that needs to be addressed specifically. I would be very curious as to how many schools these other parents with bad reviews have had their children in. Sometimes when there is a problem it is better to look in the mirror than to point fingers!

Posted September 25, 2011

This school is not worth going to. The teachers teach the kids the standarized tests so they look like they have high test scores. The principal is a joke. The administration doesn't know what is going on. The PTL, well I have never seen anything like that before. They are all friends running the school like a joke. I put my kids in public school and the curriculum is harder. This school needs better leadership and get rid of the PTL.

Posted September 1, 2011

I agree with the below which is why my kids didn't come back. There is so much bad stuff going on. There are not any background checks. My kids were there for 5 years and myself and no one else ever was asked to do one. I volunteered. In this state you have to have a TB test to volunteer. I never did and no one else ever did. I got tired of PTL calls late at night complaining to me. Yet if I complained the Pres. told me I was lying. I found out she said the same thing to another family and the principal did nothing. The studies are not up to date.

Posted March 20, 2011

After much thought we will NOT be sending our child back to Faith next fall. The new administration is disappointing. The new administration is uncooperative and unfriendly. Theres lot of talk among parents about this problem. Its too bad because we used to love this school but the direction it is taking is not for us. The school office is not a pleasant place. The changes that have taken place havent been pleasing to many parents.

Posted November 14, 2010

Great school, great teachers, awesome new facilities too! It's disappointing me to see negative comments posted, our experiences here (over 5 years) have been positive. The new principal is approachable, easy to communicate with and always has the time to stop and talk. We will continue to recommend FLS.

Posted November 12, 2010

Faith Lutheran has been the biggest blessing to our family. Our children are held to high academic standards, while being nurtured in a Christian environment. We can't speak highly enough about it. The new principal has brought the school a fresh perspective and a great cohesiveness. She has implemented a new anti-bullying program, that shows how concerned she is for the children and parents alike. I have found her to be easily accessible and very approachable, and the teachers are just the best. I read a negative post that made me feel bad because it is such a great environment. I also don't believe it is possible to delete negative comments from a site such as this one?? We love Faith Lutheran, and will continue reccommending it as always.

Posted November 6, 2010

We pulled our daughter out because of the unprofessional leadership at this school. They are also inconsistent with their own rules and guidelines, changing them to fit their own agenda when it is convenient for them to do so. Our kids are at a public school now and it is much better. Sad. We do NOT recommend FLS.

Ethnicity This school

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Karen Jonas
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Year-round
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (760) 724-6151

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Instrumental music lessons
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Parents are a part of our parent teacher league, an auxiliary organization that supports and enhances our school program by organizing fundraisers, providing room parents for each classroom, and encouraging parent volunteers in the classroom and on the playground.