Posted April 04, 2014
My youngest son just started at this school this past year. He is in an Autism specific classroom with excellent teachers and staff. There are not enough positive things that I can say about this class and this school. The teacher and her aides are very knowledgeable, patient, and just overall great people!

Valle Verde Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
Classrooms are overcrowded. Student to teacher ratio is about 30/1 conservatively. Nice neighborhood school with views of Mt. Diablo.

Posted June 24, 2013
We just finished our second year at Valle Verde - we have two children enrolled here. Prior to this we were at a different elementary in the same district, and in comparing the two experiences, we are so glad we were able to join this school community. The principal is new but has made an admirable effort to get to know the children and their parents, and was visible at all the school events I attended. Our kids' teachers for Kindergarten, 2nd and 3rd grades were all enthusiastic and got to know their students and their strengths/needs. Parent volunteers are more than welcomed - it tends to be the same parents over and over again, but I believe that is reflective more on who is available vs any sort of clique. Any time I have signed up to help, the response has been positive and welcoming - our district does have a lot of budget issues, so the extra help from families is both needed and appreciated by the school. Overall, the community feel at Valle Verde is what we like the best. People support the school (they even have parents volunteer over the summer to come water the plants) and they get to know each other. We're very happy there!

Valle Verde Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2013
Classrooms are very overcrowded and the classrooms smell like mold and mildew. Some great teachers and some not so great (very bad kindergarten teachers). The teachers need paid assistants in the classrooms. The parents basically run the school because of lack of funding.

Valle Verde Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2013
My son has been a student here for two years and it has been a positive experience. I'm not sure where a previous poster said that kids are bused in from out of district. The only kids that are bused in are for the autism immersion program that the school is famous for and all those kids are IN district. I appreciate the lottery program the school has because of the the lack of diversity of the school is not reflective of the community in a 3 mile radius. While class sizes are large , classroom aids and parent volunteers help bridge the gap. Surprisingly there is homework in 1st and 2nd grades. There is a clique to the volunteer helpers but it doesnt affect your child negatively.

Posted May 21, 2013
Amazing, I went there, great kids, great teachers, I just love it! Although the food is not the best, I enjoy the whole school and the community

Valle Verde Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2013
This school is beyond terrible especially if your child is going into 3rd grade! The 3rd grade teachers need to retire. They are lazy and don't care about their students at all. It is a known fact with all the parents that 3rd grade is basically taking the year off for your child. 3rd grade is considered a vacation. They don't teach much, watch tons of videos & homework is non existent! If your child is struggling its even worse as the teachers don't want to put the time and effort into helping their students succeed. What kind of teacher yells at a class telling them its her birthday and all of them are ruining it? What kind of teacher singles out and embarrasses a strugling child in front if the whole class by stating they have "special needs"? They don't respond to emails or letters & just avoid parents at all costs. There is absolutely no communication what so ever which leaves parents in the dark. Basically it's a joke! The principal is new so she's just getting her feet wet & needs to learn about the staff more. I guess I'd give the school 1 star for parent volunteers however its extremely cliquey so don't expect to be welcomed with open arms when volunteering.

Posted January 23, 2013
My daughter is in her first year at VVEE, and we are very happy with the experience so far. The teachers are great, and the parents are very involved with the school both in terms of money and time. Two suggestions that would make the school district the best in the area: A) Break away from Mt. Diablo (all 5 schools in Walnut Creek/Northgate district) B) Stop lottery system and busing in students from outside the district, it is overcrowded as it is and they don't pay to live here. That aside, overall an outstanding school.

Posted December 29, 2011
My son is very happy and he has being learning so much in this school. I agree that parents are in a big part responsible for that because they volunteer a lot of their time in the school in order that the kids complete their assignments on time. I really appreciate the teachers work; however I would like to see more commitment from the principal.

Valle Verde Elementary School 3

Posted December 20, 2011
Teachers are mostly good and parental support is very strong. However, the school district is suffering. Class sizes are big (32 per class). There is no bus service. The school will ask for a donation of $200 per child on the first day of school and parent volunteers are needed to keep the school functioning at basic levels. The gifted program has been cut and special needs children will struggle. Also, if you move here you are not guaranteed a spot in the school. If the class is full your child will have to go to a different school in the district. Also the school year is being shortened more each year because of budget cuts. Teachers and parents are doing what they can to make up for the shortfall, however I think anyone considering coming to these schools should be aware of the situation.

Valle Verde Elementary School
3275 Peachwillow Lane, Walnut Creek, CA  94598
Last modified Valle Verde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valle Verde Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top