Posted November 03, 2014
I just had my older child graduate from Buena Vista Elementary this summer and my second one is currently in 2nd grade. We became part of the BV family a little less than 2 years ago and my kids joined mid session. All of my fears of uprooting and moving my kids mid year were completely blown away after just the first day of school. The teachers and other staff were so warm and welcoming. Particularly my son's 4th grade teacher went out of her way to bring my son up to speed as they had not gotten as far in math in his previous school. All the teachers we have had the opportunity to work with are tremendous. They are kind, approachable and truly take an interest in your child. Their after school care- Buena Vista Club is a wonderful, safe environment for kids to hang out after school. Even if there aren't organized activities at Club, it's a safe environment and they are flexible with your schedule if required. I am lucky to have had a very positive experience thus far and I look forward to more great years as a BV parent.

Posted October 11, 2013
Our experience at Buena Vista has been stellar; my low expectations of the public school system have been blown away! Not only is my daughter receiving a caring and thorough education, but the administration has been amazingly receptive to discussions about accommodating my daughter's severe food allergies. I have gone from a skeptic seriously considering private school to a huge fan. I look forward to sending my second child here soon!

Posted July 18, 2011
Our son is about to start his 2nd year at Buena Vista and so far, we really like this school. BV has wonderful teachers and families. There is a very active PTA with a lot of parental involvement. The after school daycare (Club) is run extremely well by young adults who truly care about the welfare of the children. I never worry when our son is in their care. We are proud to be part of BV and are very much looking forward to having another great school year.

Buena Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2011
We moved to CA almost three years ago from Northern Virginia where our kids were in amazing schools. We have been so pleased with Buena Vista. The teachers and staff are so invested in my children's success. While we are appalled at the budget cuts to education in CA, we are amazed at what Buena Vista gets done! Art, music, science, library, and P.E. all have really talented teachers also. The community of parents is very welcoming also.

Posted January 11, 2011
isn't a school supposed to help those in need? i think bv has the largest number of ELL in the district or one of the largest. the stats show that they aren't lacking academically. my son started in 1st grade and he has grown in amazing ways. he is one of the kids who needed reading help and any deficit he started with no longer exists. this was within 4 months! the parents are so cool and easy to talk to. the teacher always answers my emails timely. so the principal is taking classes. how could that not be good? she is accessible if you need her. why would one need to talk to the principal more than occasionally anyway?

Buena Vista Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2010
Unbelievable emphasis, time and money is spent on the numerous number of children that cannot read, write or do math by third grade who have attended this school since Kindergarden. The few children that TEACHERS know will meet state standards are left to fend for the school year without challenges. All of this before the budget crisis and class size increase. The Principle is rarely on site due to taking classes herself (the last two years). If your child is below average academically, this is the school for you. If you want your child who is average or above to be challenged, you should find to a different school. As to parent involvement. Very "click-ish" and rumor-mongering. Parent of child who attended K-5 at BV.

Buena Vista Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Buena Vista is graced with children from many different backgrounds, countries, and religions. The teachers are hard working and truly care about all children advancing. The mixture of diversity, caring, and shared goals make Buena Vista an excellent place to be educated.

Posted March 28, 2008
Because my children are spread out, we've attended 3 different schools in California. Buena Vista is, by far, the best school we've experienced. The staff show true care for our children, each other, and the families at the school. They go above and beyond to take care of our children's academic, social, and emotional needs. The Principal is actively involved in keeping the school organized and managing the school so that families are involved in decision making and building community. Student are learning and our school is distinguished in every way. We are lucky to be here.

Buena Vista Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2007

Posted October 09, 2006

Buena Vista Elementary School
2355 San Juan Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA  94597
Last modified Buena Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buena Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top