Posted October 11, 2014
IV is one of the great schools in Walnut Creek School District. Teachers are really really great and Principal is also very good. My daughter has been going to this school and she likes it. Good mix of students, good academics focus as well as options to enroll into various arts, drama and science classes.

Indian Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2014
My children previously attended a public school in another State that was struggling on all levels. When we arrived at IV we were hopeful but nervous. The office manager was genuinely warm and welcoming and very informative. She knew all of our names the next time she saw us and has continued to be helpful and reliable all year. We got fabulous teachers for first and fourth grade. I could probably write two books about how great our experiences have been with both teachers. The right degree of challenging and nurturing for each age. The teachers are truly committed to teaching the whole child and use positive reinforcement over negative consequences for behavior issues that come up with some of the kids. The kids here are still kids. Not always kind or welcoming but teachers and parents work effectively at resolving situations that come up and most of the kids are very sweet and considerate. The PTO seems to be very organized and dedicated to raising funds for the school and offering fun events for the kids and their families. I wish my kids could have been here from the start of kindergarten. I love Indian Valley.

Posted May 10, 2014
Terrible, the teachers have no patience to deal with the kids, unless your kids are 100% obedient, don't send them there, all they do is directly send the kids to principle office no matter how tiny the fault is. Unhappy staff(including the principle), I hardly see their smiles, oh, yes, the sun probably rise in the west if you see they smile, my two kids had very unhappy experiences there. Finally we transferred to another school, I have to say this is the best decision I ever made, now they are so happy, everyday, I can't wait to drop them off and can't wait to see their happy smiles.

Posted September 15, 2013
First up, our children love this school!! They return home every school day with a joy and love of learning. Indian Valley Elementary is in my view, a very special school. Having lived elsewhere and experienced what was sadly a poorly run school and moved to an area where schools were rated the best I can say based on real comparative experiences, this school offers something that we didn t find elsewhere qualified, caring teachers and staff tirelessly devoted to providing a well rounded and exceptional educational opportunity in a safe, loving and positive environment. From the Principal to the teachers and parent volunteers, the positive commitment and sense of community this school provides is a treasure to our family and we feel fortunate to be a part of it. In short, the education children are receiving here is evidenced in the school report card and is credited to the excellent teachers, a devoted and character building staff and Principal, along with a team of involved parents and bright-eyed enthusiastic children -- the community and school collaboration here is wonderful.

Posted September 13, 2013
We love Indian Valley! We were a new family this year and came from a private school in AZ. We've found nothing but a welcoming community and a highly-functioning school. The parents are extremely involved, and coming from an academically rigorous private school environment, we are pleased with the academic aspects of the school. My son is in 4th grade and absolutely loves his new school. We feel so lucky that we found Indian Valley.

Posted July 23, 2012
Parking problems, poor leadership, not very qualified teachers, a lot of punishments, unhappy children, unfriendly teachers, rude principal (previous), a lot of scandals, gossips, bad psychological climate, unsafe place, students have lack of social skills. I agree, Some teachers are too old, and have no patience with younger children, and some of them like dogs more than kids...

Posted October 13, 2011
School has regressed over the 4 years we have been here, so much so that we are considering moving. Parking problems have increased and some parents line up early to block the road to the school thus actually preventing access to the children in case of emergencies which is illegal. Good teachers but the lack of funds mean that kids get absolutely nothing but the very basics.

Posted September 03, 2011
We are new to the area, and all of our dealings with the district office, the school, the office staff, and the principal have been terrific so far. Our son loves his new school and his teacher. He received an extremely warm welcome, and issettling in more smoothly than we could have hoped. So relieved! My only reservation is that parents seem a little cliquey/unwelcoming to new families because they already have such great rapport and familiarity.

Indian Valley Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2011
My child is going to this school, and my opinion about it is to some extent controversial. I can tell that academically the school is very strong. The teachers push children well beyond the school program. The majority of teachers are very professional: we were lucky with the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers. A few seem to have selected a wrong profession. There are 2 biggest disappointments for me in the school. First, the teachers assume that your child has to come to school already well behaving. But I would say they come to school to learn how to behave, and if the teacher has a class of a size bigger than she can handle, it does not mean it is a child's fault. Second biggest disappointment is the principal. I don t want to be negative, but my bios opinion is that she is unprofessional, disrespectful and rude. One time of talking to her was enough for me, and I hope I will never have to talk to her again. Bottom line: you will get good education for your kids in this school, but if your child is not perfect, you may not enjoy it.

Posted November 04, 2010
As a former parent at Indian Valley, all I can say is I'm so glad I'm not there anymore and my kids are even happier. Although there are a few excellent teachers there I don't think they are the norm. Both of my children regressed academically there. In one year of school, I witnessed poor leadership from the principal that filtered down into the classrooms. It's a school that constantly picked politics over the safety, education and well being of its students. IV has great potential and wonderful involved parents willing to do just about everything, but until the leadership embraces a positive empowering approach for children, they will continue to fall short as a school and the kids will suffer. If you only compare it to Mt. Diablo then you'll be happy but when your world is bigger, IV is a 2 not a 10.

Indian Valley Elementary School
551 Marshall Drive, Walnut Creek, CA  94598
Last modified Indian Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top