Posted June 23, 2014
We have been extremely pleased with our experience at Parkmead! Amazing teachers, an active parent community, and a Principal who gets to know each child. Our children enjoy school and the great opportunities offered!

Posted September 24, 2013
My son study in Parkmead Elementary School K/1 class, I love this school because the staffs and principal are great, the teach is really care about students, they teach students make good choice and do their best.

Posted May 17, 2013
Parents are very involved in this school, which goes a long way toward making this school feel like a real community. One of the best things about Parkmead is the monthly focus on different characteristics like responsibility, empathy, etc. - they weave these themes into the academic teachings and it feels like a great way to ensure the kids turn into well-rounded people and citizens. Great school!

Posted August 25, 2011
LOVE LOVE LOVE this school. To be a member of the Parkmead Community is an honor and a privilege. The children thrive because the community works as a family supporting one another with an emphasis not only on education, but character. I have a son with special needs and I couldn't imagine getting more support than I am receiving right now. Thank you, Parkmead!

Parkmead Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
Worst school ever. My child went there and we were so unhappy. She came home from school with nothing to do and said she was higher than the rest of the kids. We transferred her to a private school and she excels there. Thank you Dorris Eaton!

Posted March 25, 2011
My son is in the fourth grade and returning to this school. I am so happy that we were able to get him back into this school. The staff and principal are great. My son was out of school for one week because of a misunderstanding in the Mt.Diablo school district. The way they handled his dismissal was unprofessional and traumatizing to my son. Parkmead staff stepped in and made sure he was back in school within days. My son had attended this school last year and I had a great experience with the teacher and staff. There is great communication with the teacher and parents. Resource staff is wonderful with my son. This school is a great example of what parents look for when they are looking for a great school.

Posted October 01, 2009
I love Parkmead because the teachers truly care about their students. I also love that there is a lot of parent volunteers!

Posted July 02, 2009
This school has 3 'normal' and 2 PALS classes for each year. The PALS classes merge 2 age groups - with half the class moving up to the next class each year. (and with some subjects taught by age) Plus Friday has Multi Age Group classes. This makes PALS a big family with some of the best, socially well adjusted kids that you will ever encounter.

Posted May 21, 2009
This is an extremely well-run school - the principal is fabulous and focused on the right issues.

Posted May 18, 2009

Parkmead Elementary School
1920 Magnolia Way, Walnut Creek, CA  94595
Last modified Parkmead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkmead Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top