K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted August 19, 2014
We have three students at SHS, and have been there for 9 years. In spite of two retirements from administrators, an inevitability at any institution, the school has continued to run smoothly and beautifully. Our children are constantly engaged by incredible teachers, swept up by whatever they're currently learning, have evolved as people and students each year, and impress other parents, and even educators, when they meet new people. It's not unusual to hear, "Where do your kids go to school?! They're so mature!" SHS focuses upon building a love of learning, and that's no mere platitude. They reward children who ask "what happens if...?" They encourage follow up and independent study. And they provide many opportunities for children to stand before their peers and share their knowledge. Every student performs in front of fellow students and parents multiple times per year, and by the time they graduate, they are completely poised in front of audiences. There is always going to be some lemon squeezing amongst parents, but by and large, the complaints I have, and my peers have voiced, are negligible when compared with the exceptional level of education overall.

Seven Hills, The 2

Posted May 07, 2014
The seven Hills School was a second home to my Children who spent 8 years growing up there. Something started to go wrong when lower school head retired last year. This year whole school head announced his retirement as well. There is a lot of false advertising about this place, and while it looks appealing on the outside, the inner content is lacking and insufficient if not fraudulent.

Posted April 09, 2014
Seven Hills has been a dream for my preschooler! He loves coming to school every day. His teachers are very caring and talented. His confidence, speaking ability, enthusiasm for learning, and kindness to others has all grown noticeably over the past few months.

Seven Hills, The 1

Posted March 17, 2014
After 9.5 years as a dedicated parent and volunteer with my two kids dreaming of graduating with their friends from preschool, the middle school head and a teacher in middle school began discriminating against me as a single Mother and bullying my Daughter for not understanding some homework. They suddenly introduced iPads to replace ALL books and expect the students to be responsible and basically figure it out...? For $25,000 a year? No thanks! My child developed anxiety doctor diagnosed due to this schools treatment of her, and so they accused me the parent, of breach of contract, and cancelled both my kids mid year! They do not care for Children! They are not child centered! They do not offer due process or equity & justice! A sad waste and huge loss for our family.

Posted February 16, 2013
Both our children go to Seven Hills. The school did make some changes to favulty(see note below). I can't imagine a place better suited for our kids. They are holding firm at limiting enrollment. My son now in first has 18 in his class with two teachers. My daughter has 20 in her fourth. I do wish the school offered more than Spanish and I'd like to see a stronger sports program, but it hey did just build a new middle school and a beautiful new gym. It's a great place where our kids are learning, building confidence, and growing only in positive directions.

Posted May 09, 2010
I have only praise for this school. I did not appreciate how special the environment was and how truly blessed I was to have gone there until after I graduated. Academically, I was more than prepared for high school. The 8th grade research paper is still one of the most involved papers I have written, and I attended a competitive private high school. The beautiful thing about a Seven Hills education is that the teachers make class so much fun that the students become absorbed in learning for learning's sake. Perhaps I do have one critique though, and this applies to all schools of this type, not just Seven Hills: I had a difficult time adjusting to the social pressures of high school. Partly, I believe that this was because Seven Hills was small and sheltered. I would not trade my time at Seven Hills for the world though. Highly recommend.

Posted November 09, 2009
Our son is a new student at Seven Hills School this year. While we were fairly secure with our decision to move him from his former school, we anxiously worried about him, not knowing how well he would adjust. After 4 days at Seven Hills, my son said, 'Mommy, I know I've only been at my new school a short time, but I love it there. Thank you for bringing me.' My son is fully engaged, adequately challenged and excited for each new day. He was quickly accepted by the student body and loves his new friendships. The administration is well-established and fine-tuned, and the Board seems to know its role, works hard and adheres to best practices. The school community is very diverse. We were readily accepted and warmly welcomed into the school culture. Thank you, Seven Hills School!

Posted March 13, 2009
The Seven Hills School was the best decision we have ever made for our children. K through 5 offers a solid, well-coordinated curriculum that develops well-rounded citizens. Parents/students all get to know each other because there are only two classes in each grade and volunteering is mandatory. Because it is so satisfying to work with the staff and students, many parents volunteer extra hours. The middle school has outstanding instructors who work together to regularly review and upgrade the curriculum. 7th grade civil war week comes to life with re-enactments, games, and even cooking. In the spring, the entire 7th grade travels with teacher chaperones to Washington DC to experience the historic sites. Finally, it can be a financial stretch to send a child here, but financial aid is available for students when it's needed -- including aid for field trips and after school activities.

Seven Hills, The 3

Posted October 22, 2007
A good, solid school for most children, but not for the highly gifted child, who would be better served elsewhere. The library is a warm, inviting place and the campus serene and sheltered. Many teachers are top-notch, but in the years our family was there, we felt some unfortunate hiring decisions were made, particularly in the music, art and physical education departments, and that the faculty in general was weakening. Prospective parents should ask questions about teacher qualifications.

Posted August 20, 2007
I went to Seven Hills and loved it. I am so happy that now I am able to send my child there for I hope the same wonderful experience I had.

Seven Hills, The