PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
Yes, I feel the school has a deep desire to foster in every child a respect for adults and other students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
As a Christian school the desire is for all students to grow in Christian virtues such as compassion and empathy. I like how the school is serving the community by having all classes participate in outreach projects such as in the Art of Giving.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
Definitely! I feel that each teacher desires to bring out the best in each student. Teachers help define the rules clearly so students can feel safe and then know which choices are appropriate.

Posted February 04, 2016
I am a parent with two preschool kids. What I love most about Walnut Creek Christian Academy and Preschool is their loving teachers. Both of my kids look forward to going to school everyday! They absolutely love their teachers. I am also impressed with the monthly calendar informing me each day what my child is doing! The best part, though, is I know my kids are in a Christian environment, surrounded by Christian role models that will shape their character in a godly way. The fenced preschool playground is amazing and has so many fun things to do for my very active kids! As a full-time working parent I appreciate how the preschool sends emails of upcoming special school events and fieldtrip reminders. The program from the two year old class all the way to the Pre-K (4-5's) class is stellar. As a parent I have peace of mind knowing my kids are in such a loving, caring, godly, as well as a safe environment!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 04, 2016
I especially wanted to say thank you to Mrs. Leiser, Mrs. Cooper, Mrs. Ashli, and Ms. Cassy! Thank you for answering my many questions and for reassuring me as a parent! God Bless you!!!!

Posted April 20, 2015
My 3 grandchildren have attended Walnut Creek Christian Academy for 2 years now and all my experiences with this school have been outstanding. They have wonderful teachers, an excellent curriculum, and a Godly foundation. I just want to express my gratitude to them.

Posted May 29, 2014
We have been a part of WCCA for 5 years. This school has been so wonderful for my kids! The Teachers have really taken the time to get to know my kids on a very personal level. They care so much about my children, not only learning quality education, but learning character too. I knew this was the school for us, the moment I walked into the office. The Staff greeted us with a warm smile, and were so welcoming to my children. I would tell anyone about WCCA. I know several families who have graduated through the Academy, and I can see the difference in those students. We are grateful for the Academy!

Posted May 26, 2014
The teachers and staff at WCCA are tops! Each teacher is dedicated to providing the best possible education for his/her students. Even more than that, each teacher desires the students to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and make him Lord and Savior of their lives. I have become aware of the time and energy that each teacher puts into his/her classroom preparation time, not to mention time spent preparing for accreditation, attending teachers' meetings, and even some teachers attending special events his/her students are involved with outside of school. The teachers take accreditation very seriously as it is a wonderful tool to continually examine the curriculum as well as all aspects of the school to be sure the best is being offered and put into action. Also, to get input to enhance the overall program even more. I can tell you that the teachers, office staff, aides, lunch crews, librarian, and bookkeepers have a heart for the students and the entire school. Also, the parents involved with the Parent-Teacher Fellowship are so amazing in all that they do to enhance the learning environment at WCCA through fundraising and other special events/activities.

Walnut Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted May 07, 2014
Unfortunately the quality of the administration has degraded with the new Principal. Teacher and staff morale is super low which affects the students. So sad because many families were happy for years and now many are considering leaving. School board is like a secret board - they aren't visible or very active; a couple of people on the board are related so the diversity is not the best. Many are also not happy with the new ultra conservative Pastor - the school is the biggest ministry of the church so this is a big deal. I cannot honestly recommend WCCA.

Posted May 01, 2013
This school is amazing! My kids have been going to WCCA for the last 6 years and they really love going here. The teachers are absolutely wonderful and care deeply about every student. They truly show the love of Christ through their interactions with the students. This school is very warm, safe, and welcoming, and you can tell that the students are really taught to treat each other lovingly. We especially love the junior high. The academics, sports, art, drama, choir, foreign languages, science programs, gifted programs, and special needs programs are all top-notch. Every subject is taught from a Christian perspective. Best of all, the gospel is clearly taught in every grade level: the message that we can be reconciled to God by trusting in His Son. It is clear here that our sins are forgiven only because of the perfect life and sacrificial death of Jesus in our place: our good works cannot earn us favor with God; Jesus is the only way. The vast majority of parents I speak with are extremely satisfied with our school! Please come visit and talk to real students, teachers, and parents here; they'll tell you how great it is! We would not want our kids going anywhere other than WCCA!

2336 Buena Vista Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA  94597
Last modified Walnut Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Walnut Creek Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top