Posted May 29, 2014
We have been a part of WCCA for 5 years. This school has been so wonderful for my kids! The Teachers have really taken the time to get to know my kids on a very personal level. They care so much about my children, not only learning quality education, but learning character too. I knew this was the school for us, the moment I walked into the office. The Staff greeted us with a warm smile, and were so welcoming to my children. I would tell anyone about WCCA. I know several families who have graduated through the Academy, and I can see the difference in those students. We are grateful for the Academy!

Posted May 26, 2014
The teachers and staff at WCCA are tops! Each teacher is dedicated to providing the best possible education for his/her students. Even more than that, each teacher desires the students to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and make him Lord and Savior of their lives. I have become aware of the time and energy that each teacher puts into his/her classroom preparation time, not to mention time spent preparing for accreditation, attending teachers' meetings, and even some teachers attending special events his/her students are involved with outside of school. The teachers take accreditation very seriously as it is a wonderful tool to continually examine the curriculum as well as all aspects of the school to be sure the best is being offered and put into action. Also, to get input to enhance the overall program even more. I can tell you that the teachers, office staff, aides, lunch crews, librarian, and bookkeepers have a heart for the students and the entire school. Also, the parents involved with the Parent-Teacher Fellowship are so amazing in all that they do to enhance the learning environment at WCCA through fundraising and other special events/activities.

Walnut Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted May 07, 2014
Unfortunately the quality of the administration has degraded with the new Principal. Teacher and staff morale is super low which affects the students. So sad because many families were happy for years and now many are considering leaving. School board is like a secret board - they aren't visible or very active; a couple of people on the board are related so the diversity is not the best. Many are also not happy with the new ultra conservative Pastor - the school is the biggest ministry of the church so this is a big deal. I cannot honestly recommend WCCA.

Posted May 01, 2013
This school is amazing! My kids have been going to WCCA for the last 6 years and they really love going here. The teachers are absolutely wonderful and care deeply about every student. They truly show the love of Christ through their interactions with the students. This school is very warm, safe, and welcoming, and you can tell that the students are really taught to treat each other lovingly. We especially love the junior high. The academics, sports, art, drama, choir, foreign languages, science programs, gifted programs, and special needs programs are all top-notch. Every subject is taught from a Christian perspective. Best of all, the gospel is clearly taught in every grade level: the message that we can be reconciled to God by trusting in His Son. It is clear here that our sins are forgiven only because of the perfect life and sacrificial death of Jesus in our place: our good works cannot earn us favor with God; Jesus is the only way. The vast majority of parents I speak with are extremely satisfied with our school! Please come visit and talk to real students, teachers, and parents here; they'll tell you how great it is! We would not want our kids going anywhere other than WCCA!

Posted February 03, 2013
I attended WCCA for kindergarten through 8th grade. Upon graduation, I was completely prepared for high school and was placed in higher freshman English and in a sophomore/junior math class. The teachers and support staff are all so loving--they truly love their students and wish to see them succeed. My children now attend WCCA--I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else. I love how every subject is taught through the lens of Scripture. Bible isn't just a class; it's a way of life based upon a true relationship with the Almighty God. I pray that all four of my children will get to attend WCCA through their 8th grade years!

Walnut Creek Christian Academy 3

Posted January 22, 2012
Our experience with the Junior High was mixed. Many of the staff were caring and most were subject area competent. There were interesting science faire type projects and exhibitions which created the students many opportunities to put their best foot forward. Certain staff members were instrumental in encouraging our admittedly difficult son. We did not have a wonderful experience, however, with the rigid, outward approach to Christianity. The school seemed more works based than other Christian schools. Our son, who admittedly could dish it out, was labelled a bad kid. Yet, when he was frequently hit or bullied by others we were told by the staff the other kids were good kids. They received little or no consequence. It just seemed that the administration was naive about how sneaky the "good kids" could be. In short, WCCA's approach to the Christian faith in the formation of young people seemed more rigid and rule based, works oriented than we would have prefered. We are thankful for, however, the good academics.

Posted May 19, 2011
I have 3 children enrolled (Jr. High and Elem.) since Kindergarten who will stay through 8th grade. In that time, several life changing events have occurred in our family that carry over to school somehow. We have been shown an abundance of support and patience by the staff and feel that our family's needs continue to be met to the best of everyone's ability. My children are happy to go to school each day, and I know that it's at least in part to the WCCA staff's true heart for loving and teaching our youth according to the Gospel.

Posted May 12, 2011
I have 2 children who have attended this school since preschool. Both children are now in junior high. I feel blessed for having my children here. You will not find a better school anywhere. They have small class sizes and excellent teachers who really care about your children.

Posted April 02, 2011
I attended WCCA from Kindergarten through 8th grade and absolutely loved it! I felt completely prepared for high school when I graduated. My daughter is now in 1st grade there and also attended preschool and kindergarten there. She is thriving! The school's main asset is its teachers and staff. Everyone truly loves the kids and wants to see them succeed in all areas of life. As long as we can, we will be sending our three younger children there in the next few years. We wouldn't go anywhere else!!

Posted March 28, 2011
How grateful we are to have found WCCA! After moving to CA we floundered at another school, not feeling like it was quite 'right' for us. We were delighted to find WCCA - and this has been a fabulous year - our 3 younger children enjoy all their teachers (Jr High and elementary) and are flourishing here. I have found the staff to be kind and extremely helpful, the kids friendly and accepting and the teachers to be absolutely outstanding! If you are looking for a God centered, quality education that offers a strong academic foundation and where the atmosphere is nurturing, respectful and Christlike you don't have to look any further than Walnut Creek Christian Academy ~ We are thankful God led us to such a wonderful school for our precious children!

Walnut Creek Christian Academy
2336 Buena Vista Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA  94597
Last modified Walnut Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Walnut Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top