K-8|Private

Bad
Good

It has lot's of stuff to do like plays,computer, and PE my daughter is in 3rd grade and it's great

We enrolled our daughter in Palmer this year and she has done great, she loves the school and her classmates are very caring. I have not received a complain about the teachers and when another kid bully our daughter, it was handled. They have also handled my daughter testing their boundaries. Could not ask for better teachers and better staff. We came from another private school in which our daughter was forced to go backwards and she did not learn a single thing. At Palmer she is constantly challenge and she is in the top of the class.

Palmer has been the best place for our children. Their progress has been above and beyond what we had hoped for from a private school. The teachers have met their needs every step of the way. The administration is very involved with the day to day caring for and understanding of the students. We recommend Palmer very highly and are greatful for the success they have brought to our children.

Students who do well with traditional structure may be well served at Palmer. But I agree with the reviewers who say that children with learning differences (ADHD et al) do not fit in well here. My various concerns have usually been "answered" but never truly dealt with. As a parent I felt that I had very little real knowledge of how the children (mine in particular) were actually managed. Of concern, during a conversation I had with the school's principal, my son was told he wasn't allowed to contribute to the discussion at all (which was about him). Behavior that might be expected and typical of normal children is over-disciplined. Parents are told NOT to help in the classroom (which is how many parents like to get a feel for how and what their children are doing). Parents are asked to be involved in parties and scouts, etc, but classroom volunteering is not permitted. I would say this is a very rigid environment that caters to typical learners, but not good at all for anyone who may not fit the standard mold, or for families who wish to have a strong handle on what goes on at school. Be aware that they'll tell you differently, but their actions speak more truthfully.

Palmer School is a great school. Some of the students say it's horrible, but it really isn't they just haven't been exposed to anything else and do not know how good they have it. The teachers care about you and try to help you as much as they can. If you are looking for a private school for your kids Palmer School should be your choice because it is a good, well-rounded school where you will get the best experience ever!

Hi.I am a student at Palmer School. i have been at Palmer since junior kindergarden and am now in 6th grade.I LOVE Palmer. I am currently a straight A student and enjoy most my classes. For all the people who say the teachers are mean, they're wrong. True, they are strict, but fair. Also many people are saying we don't have a computer room and a website, but we have both. At Palmer everyone knows you, and the teachers make it a point that you can come to them with any homework/friendship issues.Its a great place to grow up, learn, and have fun all at once. my only complaint is that P.E. has weird uniforms, so i stay in the office and do my homework. PALMER ROCKS!

There are many wonderful things to say about Palmer School. Traditional values, segmented classes to teach to the needs of various ability levels in math & reading, reasonable preparation for high school classes, strict behavior guidelines & a safe environment top my list. If you're looking for a spiffy campus, don't visit. The quality of a school is not found in the exterior. Problems: Staff and technology. Lower grades are populated with great teachers. Upper grades show inadequacies with at least one profoundly unpleasant teacher that could use a break with some extremely moody, bullying behavior that could use a trip to the dean's office. Unfortunately, complaints fall on deaf ears. In 8th grade plan on your political & religious views being challenged if they don't fall in line with teacher. Students are intimated and parents know better than to voice concern. Computer classes - laughable.

We have a child who is gifted and has ADHD who is actually doing quite well at Palmer. The school consistenty provides academic challenges that keep our child engaged and growing. I feel that the traditional structure and values is an excellent fit for our child and has allowed him/her to flourish; we have always felt that the administration and teachers have been accessible partners in his/her education,

My daughter just started kindgarden and I'm already impressed by what she has learned. She loves her teachers and hates to leave if I pick her up too early. They do have a website now, by the way. Overall, I think Palmer is great!!

Palmer has a super caring, nurturing and accommodating staff. My kids have flourished there.

Last modified Palmer School For Boys And Girls is a Private school that serves grades K-8