Walnut Creek, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 14, 2014
Contra Costa Christian School is not only focused on providing a quality, hands on education but also on developing a child's character. A focus on treating others with respect, providing service to the immediate community and the world and honoring God in all we do is reinforced in a very relevant way for the students. Being at Contra Costa Christian School you immediately become part of a community dedicated to holistic learning and growth.

Posted April 11, 2014
My child has exelled in academics. Her learning level is over and above the standard for her grade level. Because of the music program, we have seen a gift develop and blossom. However, beyond academics, CCCS teachers and administrators truly love their students. This is a family community where the staff engages with the parents for a relationship through learning and life. Together they want to be a part of raising our children to be the best they can be. They are preparing our young one's to face adulthood through success. I wouldn't have our child enrolled ANYWHERE else!

Posted April 04, 2014
My son attends the pre-kindergarten program at CCCS. Words can not express my appreciation and admiration for the preschool director and pre-k teachr, Mrs. Porto. Mrs. Porto's energy, enthusiasm and creativity for the children in her class, goes well beyond that of your typical teacher. She cares deeply and personally about each child learning, interaction and their developing personalities. Each of the teachers she's brings to assist in her class bring unique backgrounds, experience and contributions.. They have all clearly been chosen to serve at CCCS and I'm so grateful we have them. We look forward to sending our son to the elementary school next year. We've been extremely impressed by all the administrators and facility. The CCCS community feels so much like my childhood experience - a warm and welcoming community - staff and parents alike - who care about each others success and well-being.

Posted December 22, 2013
My son has been at the school for 9 years since Kindergarten and loves every minute of it. Small class size, great teachers/staff members, christian based education, you can't find a better combination!!

Posted December 20, 2013
All four of our children attended this school. Two of our children are currently in college and have said that this school did a great job of preparing them for the challenges of college.

Posted December 15, 2013
My three children have attended CCC over the past 7 years. From upper grade school to high school, I am pleased by the family atmosphere and loyalty of the teachers. If you are looking at a committed group of teachers to help improve the academic standards of your children, this is your one stop place for everything. Academics, testing, sports, drama, and the music is out of this world. Your child(ten) will no doubt be a big fish in a little pond, challenged to shine and do things they'd not have a chance at doing in a larger school.

Posted December 14, 2013
This is a small private Christian school offering pre-school through high school. I like the school because it offers my children (starting at age 3) to learn about Christ. The room sizes are small (8-13 kids per class) so my kids get a lot of hands on involvement. Because it's a small school you learn to know most people within the school fairly quickly. Everyone seems to have the same objective which is to sacrifice the finanacial burden but reap the long term benefits of having their children have a Christian education. The school requires parent involvement with volunteering which is fine to offset benefits of allowing the kids to go to this school. Truly wonderful leadership, Christ based and no other agendas. The school also has after school programs and sports which is nice so you don't have to shuttle the kids all over the place. They have before and after school day care as early as 7am - 6pm for those that have long work days. It's nice to see classes, teachers and staff praying before events and throughout the day. You won't find this in a public school.

Posted December 14, 2013
I see a couple of comments from disgruntled parents. First off they don't appear to be very humble & have a Christian attitude in their comments which is concerning. I have 3 children at this school & I have not seen any of these things that these other parents are commenting on happen. The school education is fine with a good balance. The children learn not only the basic classes (math, english, science, etc) but also have what other public schools don't offer (music, band, sports, Bible class) along with daily prayer & Christ in their lives. The Dean recently came on and is making changes to advance the school with Apple products. This is great. The kids, parents & staff all embrace the changes. School testing & reviews for grades, classwork, etc are emailed weekly (attendance, homework completion, testing, etc) so for this other parent to say that they didn't get grades until it was too late is absurd. I get emails the same day if my kid didnt complete his homework! The school does have foreign exchange students but why does that matter to this parent? Are they judgmental against foreigners who speak english? Great school, don't be swayed by these other comments.

Posted October 02, 2013
Contra Costa Christian High School is the best! Great location, education, Christian morals, outstanding young kids. Great environment for growing up and learning.

Contra Costa Christian Schools 1

Posted July 10, 2013
Most of the families I referred as we attended this school left quickly due to many negative factors, including us after several years, even with a change of leadership this past year. I would tell you to not waste your time with this school especially for the price.Teachers are great and some are out of the box thinkers when teaching, which is wonderful but there are many other private schools in the area who provide a similar staff and have more current curriculum, including ipads or computers in the classroom. The closest public school to our home has assessment testing in the elementary level where you know where your child is at in math and reading skills weekly. We found our child was behind when we received our annual testing in the summer after school is out, although report cards were always A's and B's. A little late in assessments, then find out that they cannot help and we need to hire a tutor. Also, don't let the new apple laptops one-on-one campaign fool you. Not only do you have to pay for tuition at a high rate for your 8th-10th grader but must also purchase a $1300-$2000 laptop. Glad we did not stay until 8th grade. Do your homework and research other schools.

Contra Costa Christian Schools
2721 Larkey Lane, Walnut Creek, CA  94597
Last modified Contra Costa Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Contra Costa Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top